Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update. on my order:
EDD now 06/03/22 - 20/03/22
VIN found in source code about 3 days ago
Final invoice issued this morning
Car build date on invoice is 09/01/22
Just deciding on which way to go with trade-in, whether to trade-in to Tesla or to sell back to the original dealer.

SteveT
And another update...
initial EDD when I ordered on 22/11 was 8-12 weeks (now at week 13 :()
EDD was recently at 18/02 - 04/03
on the 19/02 the EDD changed to 22/02 - 05/03
on the 23/02 the EDD changed to 26/02 - 09/03

Feels like the car is nearly in my possession and then keeps driving away from me.

SteveT

And another update...
initial EDD when I ordered on 22/11 was 8-12 weeks (now at week 13 :()
EDD was recently at 18/02 - 04/03
on the 19/02 the EDD changed to 22/02 - 05/03
on the 23/02 the EDD changed to 26/02 - 09/03

Feels like the car is nearly in my possession and then keeps driving away from me.

SteveT
With you being in WA there is a lot more logistically that needs to happen before you get your vehicle.
Maybe they're getting updates from the shipping lines and transport and have to keep updating it for you.

If your SA was not really helpful, did you try calling the Tesla Sydney hotline directly (02 4328 0288)? Explain you situation again to the service agent who answered your call, and see if you can get a different outcome.

I did as you suggested and it seems the hotline could see availability at the date i needed but the dealership itself wasn't as helpful and just confirmed a date on my behalf this morning without even consulting with me. Will try again today.

I received an email from Tesla this morning asking me to pay the balance before delivery. The message also appears on my Tesla account page along with Tesla bank details.

I was under the impression that I would receive a downloadable invoice which would include my VIN and production date. So far my VIN is only available through the Chrome extension. I’ve had no contact from any SA. EDD is still showing from March 10-24.

Should I expect a proper invoice in coming days?

I received an email from Tesla this morning asking me to pay the balance before delivery. The message also appears on my Tesla account page along with Tesla bank details.

I was under the impression that I would receive a downloadable invoice which would include my VIN and production date. So far my VIN is only available through the Chrome extension. I’ve had no contact from any SA. EDD is still showing from March 10-24.

Yes a link to the Final Invoice should appear on your Tesla Account page soon.

just noticed in the emails with the invoicing team, this little nugget in the sig block. so they really do just give your vin to someone else and its even policy

"Please note that due to the high volume of Tesla orders, cleared funds are required and the vehicle delivered within 1 week of arrival at our Delivery Centre. If delivery is not possible within the required 1 week, the VIN will be unmatched and matched to the next available customer ready for delivery. Your order will then be re-matched from our next arrivals."

Yeah totally normal the 'Pay the balance before delivery bit' it's a bit misleading by Tesla, general consensus is not to pay until after being given an actual delivery day (even some SA's say this)

FYI an Invoice showed up in my account from me 12 days after I first found the hidden VIN, but that time varies a lot some got it faster, some took even longer.

For those who love to see where the ship is at, here is the link you can use to see the location of the ship Morning Clara. It updates every Horus or so and there is also a map at the bottom showing you were it is currently at and the speed pop the ship.

First time posting but have been following for a while.

TM3 RWD
White/black
Ordered 8/11/21
Build date 8/01/22
Final invoice 21/01/22
Melbourne Mulgrave pick-up

So far buying a Tesla has been one of the worst experiences. My car was on the Midas and was finally delivered from the Port to Mulgrave early last week, the only date I could select when I got my sms was the 25/02. Paid in full through my finance and insurance sorted for this Friday, today get an email after over 7 days sitting in Mulgrave they just found damage to my car from transport and have attached one little low quality picture.

Was told my car is now in the service centre for replacement parts so now might get it sometime next week. I have taken a day off work this Friday and sold my car in preparation for picking up my Tesla and been sharing a car with my husband. Now just another blow and delay I even called the person who emailed me and they had little compassion and weren’t very understanding.

From what the Tesla advisor siad it was just a plastic piece and downplayed the damage. My husband even spoke to the guy and said we were happy to take delivery and bring it back to get the plastic part replaced on a day off if the damage was only minor but they rejected that idea because car is already at the service centre.

Just disappointing experience and service, find it hard to believe that if the car went to the service centre today they could still have changed the part by Friday and met my original delivery date, or even if they moved it to a Saturday pick-up.
THat's such bad luck. I agree customer service will have to improve massively once there is real competition but probably not until 2024/5

To those waiting patiently in Perth, apparently this was taken yesterday.

Freo_Teslas 22-02-23.jpg

I just bought a Type 2 cable from JetCharge; and frunk and boot liners, and sunshades from Tesloz for my upcoming delivery. Both sites offer Tesla Owners Club of Australia member discounts - total savings - $60.80. If you plan to do the same, effectively your first year of membership pays for itself!
I ordered this one that's currently on sale - The code on the Tesla tom/Toms ludicrous feed didnt stack unfortunately :(
But for 5m and 22kw.

No membership required ;)

Reactions: PcS000