Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I was the shipping agency, I would probably offloading all cars in PK then land transport cars destined for Brisbane by trucks/train. Surely it costs them lots of $$ just hanging around, delaying schedules, costing fuel powering the ship and costs of the crew.
I think that’s explained why the ship only wait there and delay the schedule rather than cost more $$ to offload the car ASAP.

If I was the shipping agency, I would probably offloading all cars in PK then land transport cars destined for Brisbane by trucks/train. Surely it costs them lots of $$ just hanging around, delaying schedules, costing fuel powering the ship and costs of the crew.
Or even, on the day that they would have ordinarily left to make the original PK booking; travel to PK; offload PK vehicles (even if this means offloading some Brisbane vehicles to make room, then putting them back on), continue to Melbourne (do whatever needed doing there) then return to Brisbane after all that and do them last. Ship is out for the same amount of time (no extra staffing costs), they travel the exact same distance (no extra fuel), they've only changed one berth booking, they're back to Shanghai at the same time (no delays to future shippings).

Reactions: MAXPOiNT
You'd have to think it's getting close to the time that it would be cheaper for the carrier to take everything to PK and offload / truck back

Have a look on demurrage costs, if it's anything like I'm aware of, it costs thousands per day (for the carrier to pay the ship owner) to just sit waiting in harbour!

It would really depend on the specific agreement, but Port of Brisbane would probably also have some liability here

Fyi ship schedules are planned years in advance, so changing ship routes is a very difficult and expensive process

I am also wondering if the delay would affect the next batch of deliveries in Q2.
I doubt Port Brisbane would take up any liabilities given it was a natural disaster and not a human cause.
If anything, perhaps the shipping insurance would have to swallow the cost, might explain why they're (same with all other ships hanging around) happy to sit around waiting.

I am also wondering if the delay would affect the next batch of deliveries in Q2.
I doubt Port Brisbane would take up any liabilities given it was a natural disaster and not a human cause.
If anything, perhaps the shipping insurance would have to swallow the cost, might explain why they're (same with all other ships hanging around) happy to sit around waiting.
They dont start making our Q2 vehicles until April. Unsure what else the ship had planned between this delivery and may when the Q2 deliveries start.

Reactions: MAXPOiNT
Can someone who has taken a 2022 rwd delivery check if all the front speakers are now activated including the ones in the A pillar and near the side mirrors?

There's some speculation about that from the Tesla Tom 2022 review video.
Pretty sure that was my comment lol.

Just got off the phone with support about a website error, but also raised this again as I'd not heard back.

Different support agent confirmed that 14 speakers present but sadly only 8 enabled due to the missing amplifier and sub.

I asked about any plans for a retrofit kit, apparently not at this stage.

He cautiously suggested googling for solutions, but stated that comes with warranty risks.

I'm curious if you bought the genuine amplifier and sub as a spare part, if the harnesses are the same and the speakers would work.. Or if the pinouts are different..
Something to investigate out of warranty maybe..

Reactions: Benzz
There is a silver lining in those long, long wait times. Have a look at used Model 3 prices:

Almost all used Tesla 3 cars are above RRP.

Our cars should hold value for a while, maybe for years the way things are heading.
Soooo buy now, use it for 6-12 months, sell it above RRP for profit and help to fund either a Model Y, Model X or Model S? :p

Last edited:
Soooo buy now, use it for 6-12 months, sell it above RRP for profit and help to fund either a Model Y, Model X or Model S? :p
That was my plan for the RWD, get the 3K incentive (NSW), try Tesla out and if happy, order Performance/LR/Model Y; trade/sell RWD with some profit margin when the new car arrives. At least I would still have the RWD while waiting for 6+ months. RWD should arrive this month, it just sitting on the boat off QLD.

Reactions: PICCOLOFLYERR
There is a silver lining in those long, long wait times. Have a look at used Model 3 prices:

Almost all used Tesla 3 cars are above RRP.

Our cars should hold value for a while, maybe for years the way things are heading.
A lot of those cars advertised have been there for a long while. They are holding value but some of those sellers are very optimistic!