Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They only have so much local capacity to deliver cars in Australia - some of which isn't really under Tesla's control, like the number of car transporters available. There's no point bring in cars in excess of that capacity.

I assume at some point they may start import processing them at two different locations in Australia (maybe MIRRAT?)
That would make sense. Victoria obviously would make up a big proportion of customers; tack SA and Tas deliveries on to that, and keep PK for the rest.

I wonder at what point they'll start shipping direct from Shanghai to WA as well, rather than use the transfer ship.

FYI i have a contact at a vehicle logistics company in brisbane that have the Tesla contract and i just heard that they are moving Teslas from tomorrow until the end of the week, they will be moving 24 to Hendra each day.
Hope this helps the sleuthing
LR's and P's priority coming off first? lol
Anyone else get a message?
My EDD moved from 13 to the 16th now.
nope not priority purely random Ive seen people getting RWD delivery texts

Reactions: colin_aus
I only ordered 3 weeks ago, and the wait is already killing me. 5-7 months... any conjecture on if the opening of the Berlin Gigafactory will take any of the load off Shangai and shorten this? Or should I be settling in for the long wait, and maybe even prepared to have to wait even longer?

I ordered in the 8 -12 weeks period back at 4th Dec but unfortunately I ordered a LR. Really hoping that there are no further delays foreshadowed by the lengthening delivery times.

1647243658150.png