Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would anyone know the total number of EV sold this year in NSW? I am still looking at another 4-6 months of wait time till I got my M3, curious to see how close we are to breaching the NSW EV rebate figure (I assume we are still a ways away from the 25k figure, but curious regardless)

The Q4 (Oct-Dec) registration statistics have not been released yet. They should come out soon-ish - it’s getting rather late in the cycle. When they do come out, I will post the details in my NSW registration stats thread (see below).

In Q3, there was an increase of 1528 battery EVs registered in NSW, of which 1036 were Teslas. It will take much more than a year to clock up 25,000 new BEVs.

Reactions: PcS000 and Azure7
Its great to hear all you guys getting messages for delivery. Congrats on the impending deliveries....
Every one of you who gets their car gets me one step further up the line. I got my fingers crossed for May
Hey MickV, be great if you could put your order details in your signature. Gives us all an idea of what's ordered and when it was ordered. Thanks and enjoy the wait - I know I'm not. :(

Reactions: ShireSparkles
Very useful. NSW now has 10,026 BEVs and 6144 Teslas on the road. -> This is the bit that surprised me, I know tesla would be leading the charge on EVs, but not to that extent. Yeah, will be really interested to see the uptick and how big the leap is this first 2 quarter in 2022.
Especially with petrol the way it is! Although the current Tesla wait times may have a lag of 6 months to show this in any stats.

IMO it’s the best bang for buck EV, but this might change as the Chinese (aka cheaper) models eventually flood our lands. There’s nothing really comparable at present for the cost.

IMO it’s the best bang for buck EV, but this might change as the Chinese (aka cheaper) models eventually flood our lands. There’s nothing really comparable at present for the cost.
Not even the chinese brands, there's been a lot of new brands like Pole Star that came or will come in 2022. Which is good for EV overall, and may lead to more infrastructure being built. I am still holding up hope that we will see a much better charging infrastructure in Australia as we see in the US.

Is that your current ETA. Or just if u were ordering today?
6-9 months if you were ordering today according to the custom order page for Aus.

I have no solid idea of what my ETA is because, unless I missed it, I have not seen reports of VINs being issued yet for P or LR versions apart from a couple of cancellation re allocations in Jan-Feb even for Nov 21 orders.

A little disappointed about the lack of a committed production plan estimate update from Tesla. Telling customers to wait for an SMS for months away is not good while the orig est del date flies by. More honest info would be appreciated.

Reactions: kpdog