Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone let me know how many days you have after picking up the car to have 'delivery issues/niggles' if any are present addressed by Tesla?
I have read it is 7-10 days but can't find it in writing?
I am sending my daughter to pick up on my behalf and it will be sitting in my driveway for a week or so until I get back from holidays. She has no idea how to drive the car haha let alone about panels gaps etc etc.
If anyone knows it would be appreciated.

Yes, it is was just the pre delivery info @trippa

If you haven’t already done so, please log into your Tesla Account here (same email address and password entered at order), click “manage” on your Model 3 order fill in the outstanding milestones:

• Registration details (driver’s license photos)
  • Payment method (Cash, Tesla lending or third party lending)
  • Trade-in details (if you are trading in a vehicle)

We prioritize delivery based on milestones completion.
Any delays in completion of milestones could lead to a delay of delivery or possible cancellation of an order.

Been a while since I checked in. 22/2 delivery and currently at 4334km 😁😁 also happy to announce that we are a touch over 3500 posts on this little old thread (I didn’t read the last 15 pages)! But congrats to all that have taken delivery, or close to and for those unfortunate souls who have ordered, but are in for a long wait. Lots of great people still around this thread, which I’m thankful for!

Can I ask a question of people picking up in Hendra, Brisbane? Do the cars have the mandatory blue EV badge supplied on the number plate?

Thanks in advance.
I think the term mandatory is the key indicator here. They will be supplied when the vehicle is registered. For NSW, if you get custom plates they will be provided to you at plate collection (you may have to advise the attendant you require them).

Reactions: garylovesbeer
OMG.... it took me so long to finally read thought this thread.... Thx for everyone who has posted and shared info.

I have been eyeing out for a M3P since the start of the 4th qtr last year tossing up between new upcoming RS3 or CLA45. At the time, I think i could have gotten a M3P from the inventory. How quickly thing change in a few month... After seeing an increase of $1000 early this month for RWD/LR I fianlly booked a test drive on 15th Mar last Friday only to see the price of M3P go up by over $5000 2 days before my test drive. TBH, i love the emotion of ICE and I own many Audi/BMW with stage 1/2 tune so I was a little unsure about EV (coz there is no real aftermarket performance mod esp for M3P). I probably will consider test driving the new RS3 when it is release in a few month while waiting for M3P which 6-9 month away for me. I figure $350 deposit is a no brainert as there will be more painful increase in coming month esp when we are all looking at a possible MY23 for guys order today plus the resale is very good. Still wish I paid the $350 when I booked the test drive... god damn it!!!

Reactions: rgc1990 and Benzz
Thankyou for this thread, I have learnt so much about what to expect during the waiting and then delivery phase. Ordered a LR 1st of Feb so hopefully, I'm about halfway through. Was getting anxious that I hadn't seen a VIN yet, but the info in here put my worries at ease. (but I still check the app everyday just in case something happens!) Good luck to all.

Reactions: rgc1990
Thankyou for this thread, I have learnt so much about what to expect during the waiting and then delivery phase. Ordered a LR 1st of Feb so hopefully, I'm about halfway through. Was getting anxious that I hadn't seen a VIN yet, but the info in here put my worries at ease. (but I still check the app everyday just in case something happens!) Good luck to all.
I order the same day with you and no vin number neither.

The only information I can see : Est delivery: 14-20weeks.

For those picking in the next few days at a Sydney delivery centre - I just checked my service NSW portal and my vehicle shows up. Means I can add it too my Linkt toll account and also update my insurance doc with the number plate. getting closer!
To note, the same is not true in Queensland — no plates are fitted until it hits the state. You can still take out insurance with a VIN though.

Reactions: Benzz
How does it work with getting the rego plate number when picking up the car? I was told I would only find out the plate no. when picking up the car.

Do you get a choice in plate no?
If your delivery is imminent, ie within the next day or two and you are in NSW then your service NSW portal will show your car registration. No choice for special plates as far I know.

Reactions: MThreeLR
yep
they come off easily if you’re changing number plates
not sure I understand the purpose of having them
It's to support emergency response staff, primarily for firefighters. Whilst a Tesla is an obvious EV, other EV's can be more subtle and not obvious.

If you're in an accident then the guys and girls know to avoid high voltage orange cables and to find the emergency disconnect ring pulls.