Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a phone call from Tesla this morning to say that they had a very late cancelation for a car here in Adelaide and that I was next on the list and would I like it. It was ordered on the 15 Jan and would have been in the next shipment so this was a very big surprise. I have been getting everything sorted out today as I wasn't expecting to arrange everything so quickly. Fortunately the person buying my Ioniq is all set to go too. Things are coming together, and I should get my RWD white/Black this week. A very nice surprise for a Monday morning!

I had a phone call from Tesla this morning to say that they had a very late cancelation for a car here in Adelaide and that I was next on the list and would I like it. It was ordered on the 15 Jan and would have been in the next shipment so this was a very big surprise. I have been getting everything sorted out today as I wasn't expecting to arrange everything so quickly. Fortunately the person buying my Ioniq is all set to go too. Things are coming together, and I should get my RWD white/Black this week. A very nice surprise for a Monday morning!
Congratulations. Surprises are always the sweetest

OMG that is what I have been dreaming of! I also ordered on the 15th, but I'm in Sydney, so I suspect I am competing with more people hoping for the same thing.

Ordered my 22 RWD Shanghai built 3 late November here in Port Macquarie, met the car transporter in the industrial area last Thursday afternoon and received the car. Had a S70D and S85D previously, the first thing I noticedwas the almost overpowering smell of plastic inside, thankfully that completely went away after a day. Put 1,000 miles on it in bad weather over the weekend with the flooding up here, drove to Brisbane, interesting. Doesn’t feel as solid and steady as the S, noticeably slower in acceleration, but then the difference between 4.4 and 6.2 sec/100km is big. If I don’t pay attention it squirrels off the road where the S just ploughs on, it feels more like a Mini Cooper than an Aston Martin. I hadn’t test driven one before, so didn’t know what to expect. But it’s a third of the price of an S, so hey, fair enough.
I absolutely love the way this thing charges, the LFP battery hardly ever has me waiting more than 20 minutes at the supercharger, compared to an hour with the S. The few times the sun was out and it was dry it used a scandalous 118wh/km at 26 degrees and 65 miles, sometimes it pays to be living in a flat warm country. The build quality is immaculate, everything spot on. The seats comfortable, plenty of grunt for everyday driving, fun to whip around. Not a super fast monster but a really fun car to drive, really happy!
😃

I picked up the M3 RWD Thursday last week and have just got it back from PPF being applied. Thoughts so far:

• Pickup was seamless, car was clean and no issues found on panel fit or imperfections, it was plugged in and 100% charged (Melbourne/Mulgrave pickup)
  • My wife picked up around midday as I was interstate, even having a different person than named on the paperwork was no issue as we made sure she had my ID and paperwork approving a 3rd party pickup.
  • Salesperson gave her plenty of time to check it out and get familiar with the car before leaving, no rush to get it out in the 15 minute window.
  • The blue colour is amazing, well worth the extra $.
  • We only drove it 10km up the road and dropped off for paint protection film to be put on the front bumper, guards, bonnet and wing mirrors to avoid stone chips or paint damage as well as window tinting. I used Liquid R, not the cheapest around but I have been very impressed with their workmanship & support. They found a couple of minor imperfections in the factory paint but commented MIC Teslas are much better than US manufactured ones and on par with other premium brands now.
  • The roof tinting is quite dark from factory, I was considering getting it tinted as well but probably won't bother now.
  • Acceleration is a big step up from pervious cars I have owned and driven, I forgot how much fun it was during the test drive a few months ago. Even the RWD M3 has far more useable power than many other performance cars so the LR and performance ones must be crazy. I am sure there are faster 0-100 and top speed for the same price but there is not much that would touch it for rolling acceleration that you need and use day to day.
View attachment 786890
After seeing your car, I’m so glad I went with blue too.

I picked up the M3 RWD Thursday last week and have just got it back from PPF being applied. Thoughts so far:

• Pickup was seamless, car was clean and no issues found on panel fit or imperfections, it was plugged in and 100% charged (Melbourne/Mulgrave pickup)
  • My wife picked up around midday as I was interstate, even having a different person than named on the paperwork was no issue as we made sure she had my ID and paperwork approving a 3rd party pickup.
  • Salesperson gave her plenty of time to check it out and get familiar with the car before leaving, no rush to get it out in the 15 minute window.
  • The blue colour is amazing, well worth the extra $.
  • We only drove it 10km up the road and dropped off for paint protection film to be put on the front bumper, guards, bonnet and wing mirrors to avoid stone chips or paint damage as well as window tinting. I used Liquid R, not the cheapest around but I have been very impressed with their workmanship & support. They found a couple of minor imperfections in the factory paint but commented MIC Teslas are much better than US manufactured ones and on par with other premium brands now.
  • The roof tinting is quite dark from factory, I was considering getting it tinted as well but probably won't bother now.
  • Acceleration is a big step up from pervious cars I have owned and driven, I forgot how much fun it was during the test drive a few months ago. Even the RWD M3 has far more useable power than many other performance cars so the LR and performance ones must be crazy. I am sure there are faster 0-100 and top speed for the same price but there is not much that would touch it for rolling acceleration that you need and use day to day.
View attachment 786890
Congratulations on getting your M3 RWD! The photos look stunning!
I'm still thinking whether or not I'll get PPF.. Can I ask how much was the PPF?

Picked up my beauty this afternoon! Aaaannndd immediately dropped it off for paint protection and tinting. I miss it already! Only drove it for about 30 minutes, and I think half of that was me cursing the turn signals being on the opposite side, the other half saying "WHEEEE!!" when I accelerated! My Kia Sportage was struggling with a car load on hills on the way in, the Tesla was a freaking breeze!!

Had one bad experience today. Got a call from the SA saying they "forgot" to order our custom plates which we'd organised repeatedly (and he even called saying that we 100% would have them). These were plates we already owned that aren't currently linked to a car. Tossing up whether it's worth the hassle of going to VicRoads to have the plates changed...

1648471955558.png

Sorry for the bad picture - I was too excited to do a photo shoot!

Reactions: trippa and PcS000
Picked up my beauty this afternoon! Aaaannndd immediately dropped it off for paint protection and tinting. I miss it already! Only drove it for about 30 minutes, and I think half of that was me cursing the turn signals being on the opposite side, the other half saying "WHEEEE!!" when I accelerated! My Kia Sportage was struggling with a car load on hills on the way in, the Tesla was a freaking breeze!!

Had one bad experience today. Got a call from the SA saying they "forgot" to order our custom plates which we'd organised repeatedly (and he even called saying that we 100% would have them). These were plates we already owned that aren't currently linked to a car. Tossing up whether it's worth the hassle of going to VicRoads to have the plates changed...

View attachment 786946
Sorry for the bad picture - I was too excited to do a photo shoot!
Looks great! Let us know how you go with the tinting and protection. Would love to see the results!

Reactions: pandafyed
Had one bad experience today. Got a call from the SA saying they "forgot" to order our custom plates which we'd organised repeatedly (and he even called saying that we 100% would have them). These were plates we already owned that aren't currently linked to a car.
That's unusual... typically the SA will ask for your custom plates to be delivered to the delivery centre 5 days before your scheduled pickup date. Did you have the plates sent over and they forgot to install them?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered but do MIC M3 come with the new matrix headlights...you know write Tesla on the wall in light show??? Understand they're much better than old lights... thanks in advance
Yes, they come with the lens and are "matrix functionality capable" rumour is that the real matrix functionality will come as an update now that this was approved by the authorities in the US. Without the functionality, the beam pattern is more square and seems to be slightly wider than the old one with 8 reflectors.

That's unusual... typically the SA will ask for your custom plates to be delivered to the delivery centre 5 days before your scheduled pickup date. Did you have the plates sent over and they forgot to install them?
The plates we have were regular size, so the SA was getting slimline plates for us. We have a chain of correspondence where he repeatedly said it would be organised with no issue.