Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finding myself starting to buy the accessories for the car early, even though it's 5 6 months away. To have some less expense when the car arrives.

I've already spent way too much on accessories. I bought a wall connector before pricing up the electrician. THEN I read about the guy who was smart and did the math and worked out he could supercharge over 50,000km for the price of a wall connector and sparky installation. Turns out mine's probably not that different. But at the moment in that respect I'm only out of pocket for the unit, not the installation yet.

I am applying for Rebate for purchase of Electric Vehicle Purchase. Can anyone help me what document is required for claiming the NSW rebate for this one: Copy of proof of registration entitlement? I have already uploaded the copy of registration certificate under another document they asked as Copy of Certificate of Registration showing a duty amount.

I've already spent way too much on accessories. I bought a wall connector before pricing up the electrician. THEN I read about the guy who was smart and did the math and worked out he could supercharge over 50,000km for the price of a wall connector and sparky installation. Turns out mine's probably not that different. But at the moment in that respect I'm only out of pocket for the unit, not the installation yet.
The problem with that plan is that you'd be leaving the house with less than a full charge, and driving somewhere to wait for charging. There's value in leaving the house with 100%. Still, if you don't want to buy a Wall Connector, just use the UMC, it'll be fine so long as you don't want to do two big trips back to back, because you can't get to 100% charge overnight.

I am applying for Rebate for purchase of Electric Vehicle Purchase. Can anyone help me what document is required for claiming the NSW rebate for this one: Copy of proof of registration entitlement? I have already uploaded the copy of registration certificate under another document they asked as Copy of Certificate of Registration showing a duty amount.
You should be able to attach your tax invoice for proof of registration entitlement.

Reactions: sydneyguy
Finding myself starting to buy the accessories for the car early, even though it's 5 6 months away. To have some less expense when the car arrives.

Maybe this will fill the hole while waiting...
I’m in the same boat as you from a delivery timeline. I’ve started an Amazon wishlist but haven’t bought anything yet. Good idea to start now so all the expenses don’t come at once.

What have you gone and purchased?

I’m in the same boat as you from a delivery timeline. I’ve started an Amazon wishlist but haven’t bought anything yet. Good idea to start now so all the expenses don’t come at once.

Maybe this will fill the hole while waiting...
may aswell just snag deals on Aliexpress. 99% of the stuff in your amazon basket will be from aliexpress with a nasty markup. And with waiting that long for the car who cares about the wait for the products. My stuff came 2-3 weeks from china. However my ebay floormats havnt moved since purchase in melbourne in 3 weeks.

Reactions: Benzz
I have uploaded drivers license, rego paper showing stamp duty, tesla invoice shlwing total price and also change in rego (as i swapped for personalised plates)

I had a phone call from Tesla this morning to say that they had a very late cancelation for a car here in Adelaide and that I was next on the list and would I like it. It was ordered on the 15 Jan and would have been in the next shipment so this was a very big surprise. I have been getting everything sorted out today as I wasn't expecting to arrange everything so quickly. Fortunately the person buying my Ioniq is all set to go too. Things are coming together, and I should get my RWD white/Black this week. A very nice surprise for a Monday morning!
Good stuff. Unfortunately for me I got a phone call from Tesla saying that they have to push out my delivery date for a week (was originally booked in for 31 March) because when they did an inspection when the car arrived at the port in Sydney component shows an alert and they may need to replace it but they have no part in the country 😟.

Effectively the car needs to be repaired already before I even got the car - sigh

Good stuff. Unfortunately for me I got a phone call from Tesla saying that they have to push out my delivery date for a week (was originally booked in for 31 March) because when they did an inspection when the car arrived at the port in Sydney component shows an alert and they may need to replace it but they have no part in the country 😟.

Effectively the car needs to be repaired already before I even got the car - sigh
Really sorry to hear this. I hope they can get the part and get your car to you within a week. Out of interest, did they tell you the issue and/or required part?

Really sorry to hear this. I hope they can get the part and get your car to you within a week. Out of interest, did they tell you the issue and/or required part?
I asked but the SA couldn't tell. They just said some electronic component has shown alert and they need to divert the car to the service center in Sydney to get it checked further. Looking at the positive side at least they identified there is a possible problem and getting it fixed before the delivery.

This is very true, but assumes that you have a supercharger nearby! Planning to get the wall charger I think, mostly for convenience and self-reliance on home charging.

It's interesting that you have to do it yourself in NSW. I am in Victoria and Tesla does it on my behalf. I guess it's different government and different process

Going through Tessories. So far a sun shade for the roof (even on my test drive could feel the heat badly), and now splitting the boot/trunk/frunk protectors.

Planning to also grab a screen protector, wheel rim protector, rear seat back protectors (for when folded down for cargo). Then a few others that I want to see the car first before I buy, in case the 2022 has varied enough to no longer need them - cup holder stabilisher, boot loading sill protector, etc. Also want to see the factory default floor mats with my own eyes before deciding if they need replacing.

Also toying with the idea of a camping matress. But will definitely wait until I have the car before deciding. What are you looking at?

may aswell just snag deals on Aliexpress. 99% of the stuff in your amazon basket will be from aliexpress with a nasty markup. And with waiting that long for the car who cares about the wait for the products. My stuff came 2-3 weeks from china. However my ebay floormats havnt moved since purchase in melbourne in 3 weeks.
I'm desperately trying to hold myself back from buying until I get a VIN number. Once that drops then the shopping starts!!

So picked up my 3 yesterday - comfortably back at work now and had a bit of time to think about everything.

Delivery at Alexandria was pretty straight forward. In, look, out.

With the continuous reading of "bad quality this, poor quality that" checking over the car was nerve wracking especially at the delivery centre.
I just did a quick look all around the car on the outside, the glass on top and quick look around the interior(back and front) and didnt notice anything that really stuck out.

I drove home on parra road for the most part(at least till Lidcombe/Silverwater).
It's definitely easy to drive, didnt have any major issues - cameras were good - side repeaters are a bit yellow though.

Otherwise, everything was pretty smooth - didnt have to change any driving settings - car also had the latest update already applied.

Happy with the responsiveness of the car, the turning circle isn't an issue for me coming from the CX9.

According to the Tesla app $6 $9 for 40-45%(approx) to 100% - drive home from Alexandria plus an afternoon of driving by my lead foot mother(Okay, Im a bit of a lead foot too).

Hit a pot hole somewhere between Camperdown and Haberfield so keep an eye out with all this crappy weather, and watch for those rocks too.

Unknowns atm...
The car constantly hum's - reminds me of a running computer - so there's that I guess.
The AC/Fan mades a god awful sound when I turn it up to max - that seems to be pretty consistent with what everyone else is saying on the forums.
The bonnet has a half mm drop between the body and the bonnet - nothing that I would complain about though(I drive a Mazda CX9!)
All the windows squeak when winding them down so I'll need to get some silicone spray.

Last edited:
Reactions: PcS000
So picked up my 3 yesterday - comfortably back at work now and had a bit of time to think about everything.

Delivery at Alexandria was pretty straight forward. In, look, out.

With the continuous reading of "bad quality this, poor quality that" checking over the car was nerve wracking especially at the delivery centre.
I just did a quick look all around the car on the outside, the glass on top and quick look around the interior(back and front) and didnt notice anything that really stuck out.

I drove home on parra road for the most part(at least till Lidcombe/Silverwater).
It's definitely easy to drive, didnt have any major issues - cameras were good - side repeaters are a bit yellow though.

Otherwise, everything was pretty smooth - didnt have to change any driving settings - car also had the latest update already applied.

Happy with the responsiveness of the car, the turning circle isn't an issue for me coming from the CX9.

According to the Tesla app $6 for 40-45%(approx) to 100% - drive home from Alexandria plus an afternoon of driving by my lead foot mother(Okay, Im a bit of a lead foot too).

Hit a pot hole somewhere between Camperdown and Haberfield so keep an eye out with all this crappy weather, and watch for those rocks too.

Unknowns atm...
The car constantly hum's - reminds me of a running computer - so there's that I guess.
The AC/Fan mades a god awful sound when I turn it up to max - that seems to be pretty consistent with what everyone else is saying on the forums.
The bonnet has a half mm drop between the body and the bonnet - nothing that I would complain about though(I drive a Mazda CX9!)
All the windows squeak when winding them down so I'll need to get some silicone spray.
Great summary of the new car.
It seems like the MIC cars are built much better than the Fremont ones.

The drop on the bonnet may actually be in design. You want the next leading edge in line to be slightly dropped so it doesn't catch air and whistle. Check panels on most cars and as you go front to back you will notice each panel drops down just a touch for this reason.

• Informative
Reactions: Lyth