Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brought my second M3, a P, back home earlier today, and it said hi to my 2021 SR+ sitting at the driveway.

To those still waiting, it’s worth it. 100% different from an ICE and makes me grin, even in a SR+. Take off is hilariously quick, there are times I find myself going ‘weeeeeeee’ with amused looks from my kids.

See you on the roads!

E5371B10-8F52-44F3-877C-CBEC396E0F2F.jpeg

I would assume they would bump locally-delivered cars in the production schedule before internationally-shipped ones, because they have the ROROs booked for particular dates. A three day delay in local production is roughly a three day delay in delivery, but a three day delay in production of cars destined for the port could be a several week day in delivery if they literally miss the boat!

Reactions: Loxmyf and KerrAvon
I would assume they would bump locally-delivered cars in the production schedule before internationally-shipped ones, because they have the ROROs booked for particular dates. A three day delay in local production is roughly a three day delay in delivery, but a three day delay in production of cars destined for the port could be a several week day in delivery if they literally miss the boat!
As someone who (was) scheduled for Q2 delivery, I agree with this!

After driving ~100km over 2 weeks... Car is ok, but nearly got into accident. Was leaving carpark, got to exit lane on the left, stopped to give way to another car, put left blinker on, started moving... And realised I'm moving backwards, almost hit the car behind me. Muscle memory from other car I drive, so I used right stalk instead of left for blinkers. That decision to put both gear shift and AP on the stalk that is used for blinkers on most of RHD AU cars is really not safe.

Another news, Tesla loan partners bumped up the rate to 3.99% (was 2.99%)

After driving ~100km over 2 weeks... Car is ok, but nearly got into accident. Was leaving carpark, got to exit lane on the left, stopped to give way to another car, put left blinker on, started moving... And realised I'm moving backwards, almost hit the car behind me. Muscle memory from other car I drive, so I used right stalk instead of left for blinkers. That decision to put both gear shift and AP on the stalk that is used for blinkers on most of RHD AU cars is really not safe.

Another news, Tesla loan partners bumped up the rate to 3.99% (was 2.99%)
Wowsers I was seriously lucky there I had my loan approved by Plenty at 2.99% yesterday! My sales advisor called me on Thursday and said that I should sort my loan out ASAP even though I ordered mid Feb and are in the 5/7 month delivery she obviously knew this was coming.

Wowsers I was seriously lucky there I had my loan approved by Plenty at 2.99% yesterday! My sales advisor called me on Thursday and said that I should sort my loan out ASAP even though I ordered mid Feb and are in the 5/7 month delivery she obviously knew this was coming.
This bit is actually the one that worries me the most. I am also using Plenti for loan, and had it sorted within a day or two of ordering the car (16 Feb). However, I read somewhere here that the agreement was only for 90 days. So I call Plenti and they only say not to worry and if at the end of 90 days I still haven't got the car (most likely not - yes, I know, definitely will not get it by then but don't burst my bubble, kay :p) just to call them and provide supporting documents again to renew it.

Now, I have not asked what happened if you have got pre-approval and the rates change. I know if you already got the loan (e.g. 3 months after delivery) and the rates change you will still get the 2.99% but am unsure what happened if the rates change before you get your car.

Might give Plenti a call on Monday.