Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just wondering...

I ordered on 17/02 which was the week that the estimate changed from the previous 14-20 weeks to the 5-7 months. With orders placed that week, how likely are they to come earlier? Or should i just assume that that the 5-7 months is a more definitive number

So just wondering...

I ordered on 17/02 which was the week that the estimate changed from the previous 14-20 weeks to the 5-7 months. With orders placed that week, how likely are they to come earlier? Or should i just assume that that the 5-7 months is a more definitive number
I ordered on the 16th, when I ordered that sales advisor said that delivery would really depend on what you ordered but as I went for the RWD White/Black which is popular she said she was pretty confident I would be 5 months as it had only just changed from 14/20 weeks. She told my mate who ordered the LR White/Black at the same time that he should expect to be closer to the 7 months but then I hear that they are likely producing more LR's this run to satisfy a backlog of orders from late last year.

Im really not sure how much they actually really know until VIN's started to be allocated though and I would assume to get "nearer 5 months" would drop us mid July which would mean we would need to be in the next shipment.

Reactions: mgfletcher
So just wondering...

OD 16/2 here - I am just going to take the 5-7 months. I mean, if there are cancellation, obviously I hope ours got pushed ahead but unlikely I guess. Spoke with my SA and he said he sold close to 10-15 ish in a week due to increased demands. So even if you order a day or two after the date change you are looking at quite a few people infront of you.

Now, that is talking in total number, configurations also play a part, so maybe if you order the right combination, a few cancellation moved you forward to the earlier shipment.

Me, I ordered a common one, White/white RWD. So for me to be bump up the queue, there has to be quite a few people cancelling their order (which I am still keeping a slight hope on. Maybe people cancel and buy the Polestar or BYD, who knows).

Reactions: mgfletcher
OD 16/2 here - I am just going to take the 5-7 months. I mean, if there are cancellation, obviously I hope ours got pushed ahead but unlikely I guess. Spoke with my SA and he said he sold close to 10-15 ish in a week due to increased demands. So even if you order a day or two after the date change you are looking at quite a few people infront of you.

Now, that is talking in total number, configurations also play a part, so maybe if you order the right combination, a few cancellation moved you forward to the earlier shipment.

Me, I ordered a common one, White/white RWD. So for me to be bump up the queue, there has to be quite a few people cancelling their order (which I am still keeping a slight hope on. Maybe people cancel and buy the Polestar or BYD, who knows).
I am OD 16/02 as well. So I guess there is quite a few of us in that change over week hoping for 5 months, but may have 7 months to wait.

M3's came out of giga Shanghai since early Jan 2022 have the following updates:
  • Ryzen chip (replaced intel atom chip)
  • compact & long lasting 12v Li-ion battery (replaced 12v lead-acid battery - 12kg+)
  • windscreen wipers heaters
  • new redesign LED tail light cluster (dual reversing lights, larger brake/turning lights)
  • Darker roof glass tint
Above updates had confirmed by SA's since early Jan, and also AU owners in this group started taking 2022 deliveries from early-mid Feb. If you had ordered your M3 on 29/01, further delay to your delivery date is unlikely to add any extras to the final car, giving the upward pressure on pricing & global chip shortage.

Having said that, the following features were rumoured to be added to 2022 M3's since late last year:
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Double-pane rear window glass
Cheers! Hence use of the word "might".

Basically in Jan those updates weren't really publicised by Tesla and groups such as these were tracking them via spreadsheets and crowdsourced data. Some deliveries had them, some didn't (already produced stock, order cancellations etc). So it wasn't a sure thing - looking at the delivery spreadsheets the updated models were sporadic. It was possible, had they had pre-produced M3s in stock or you got a shorter wait due to a cancellation, that an order in Jan wouldn't necessarily have gotten those extras. Therefore, the wait for production of an order meant getting the latest version.

Basically. Only Tesla knows when they will add features. Not forums. Because they don't do models by year.

Except for the agony of having to wait an eternity, I'd be tempted to get this over my Model 3 order.
That price though, it just priced it out of the rebate territory. But if you haven't made an order yet, with the current price of Model 3 of 63,900 it's almost more worth it to get a model Y instead. For people that ordered before the price drop, that's still a step price hike (10K plus with the NSW rebates etc)...

That price though, it just priced it out of the rebate territory. But if you haven't made an order yet, with the current price of Model 3 of 63,900 it's almost more worth it to get a model Y instead. For people that ordered before the price drop, that's still a step price hike (10K plus with the NSW rebates etc)...
I'm in Queensland, so I get nothing anyway. :/

Reactions: Benzz