Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those following Turandot, is she at the right port for collecting Teslas for Australia? I would have thought it would be closer to the factory? Anyhow, it does seem to have taken on some significant cargo over night. Draught is quite increased. Nearing its max.
atm I see 4 vehicle carriers - Turandot and Hoegh Target at Gaodong [i think that's right dock], and Glovis Splendor and AnJi8 at dock near Giga Shanghi.
They may be loading other brands as well, but a good indicator that things are moving.

I would really like to kow how many of us are actively waiting....is there a poll? Could I start a surveymonkey or something?
Given there were roughly 4000 Teslas delivered to AUS in Q1, I propose that customers awaiting orders would be similar (or more?) for Q2. Maybe not all personal orders, and def not all on this forum.

Perhaps a large portion are going a little insane, while waiting, without our collective group support.

Reactions: rtvanda
Care to elaborate?
So the overall size of the wheel is set. The larger number is mostly just the wheel hub. the larger the wheel hub, the thinner the tyre itself. When driving past a hole or bump, the bigger wheel hub are more prone to get damaged not to mention the thinner tyres. Maybe not as often as in VIC. I have a few friends in NSW, and only those with larger wheel hubs are constantly talking to me about the wheel hub damage thanks to their Shxt road. You could attribute that to ‘rich people don’t care so they drive more recklessly’.

Sorry, that's really poorly explained.

A 20" Tesla rim and tyre is 235/35 R20. 235 is the width of the tread, 35 is the height of the sidewall as a percentage of the width of the tread, and the 20 is the diameter of the rim the tyre fits to. The above tyre has 81mm of sidewall and a circumference of 2111mm. If you change to 18" rims, you'll need to find a tyre that keeps the circumference as close to 2111mm as possible, otherwise your speedo will be dramatically inaccurate. To roughly match that same circumference on an 18" rim, you'll need a 235/45R18 tyre. This has a sidewall height of 107mm and a circumference of 2101mm, which is only 0.8% difference in circumference, but a decent 31% increase in sidewall height, and therefore better rim protection against potholes (there's more tyre to get through).

Hubs have no say in the wheel size or the tyre size. They're the bit you bolt the wheel to the car at.

1652104338288.png

Sorry, that's really poorly explained.

A 20" Tesla rim and tyre is 235/35 R20. 235 is the width of the tread, 35 is the height of the sidewall as a percentage of the width of the tread, and the 20 is the diameter of the rim the tyre fits to. The above tyre has 81mm of sidewall and a circumference of 2111mm. If you change to 18" rims, you'll need to find a tyre that keeps the circumference as close to 2111mm as possible, otherwise your speedo will be dramatically inaccurate. To roughly match that same circumference on an 18" rim, you'll need a 235/45R18 tyre. This has a sidewall height of 107mm and a circumference of 2101mm, which is only 0.8% difference in circumference, but a decent 31% increase in sidewall height, and therefore better rim protection against potholes (there's more tyre to get through).

Hubs have no say in the wheel size or the tyre size. They're the bit you bolt the wheel to the car at.

View attachment 802100
Cool…. That’s basically what I meant. Thanks for the explanation with data. Maybe I got confused with the word hub and rim. What I meant was the metal thing with number 18/19/20.

18/19/20 has similar (final outer) circumference with tyre, so the larger you go, the thinner(side wall) tyre you get… tyres are fairly cheap to replace if damaged , but the metal rim is not.

Reactions: Loxmyf