Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those following Turandot, is she at the right port for collecting Teslas for Australia? I would have thought it would be closer to the factory? Anyhow, it does seem to have taken on some significant cargo over night. Draught is quite increased. Nearing its max.
Apparently Tesla's for Australia never depart from Luchao which is where UK/Europe bound Tesla's leave from. The Turandot is likely carrying a mix of cargo (BYD etc).

Reactions: pssturges
Apparently Tesla's for Australia never depart from Luchao which is where UK/Europe bound Tesla's leave from. The Turandot is likely carrying a mix of cargo (BYD etc).
I asked this Mr Miserable if it's likely Turandot is picking up Teslas or if there is no way to tell. He responded with "Yes". 🤷🏻‍♂️. On another post he made prior, it sounded like he was pretty confident it was picking them up. Though i still think there's no real way to know until VINs start popping up. Looking at the journey, Turandot appears to be heading to the Korean port where it usually drops off Teslas before heading to Australia. Korea are LHD so wont steal any of ours. I guess it'll pick up some Hyundais in Korea too. All that in conjunction with things moving in the UK (delivery dates narrowing and frequently updating and one guy even being asked for payment apparently) so RHD production must have happened. So it's looking pretty good i reckon.

Reactions: pssturges
Hi this Forum keeps me sane, new to post but have been reading all the posts.

Order
Tesla Model 3 RWD: White
Interior : Black
OD 05/03/2022
VIN ............
Built Date ..........
Delivery Date
TBD - Between July and September ( 5- 7 months)

it would be great i could get it by July ;)( Optimism to the max)

would be great i could get it by July ;)( Optimism to the max)
Unless you pickup a Q2 deferral, you can almost guarantee you won't.
Typically Tesla gets almost zero deliveries in the first month of a quarter.
I would be banking on mid-August as the earliest.

And that's all subject to whether they actually manage to deliver all of the Q2 cars and ongoing Covid impacts in Shanghai factory and port.

And that's all subject to whether they actually manage to deliver all of the Q2 cars and ongoing Covid impacts in Shanghai factory and port.
Thank you for giving me a realistic idea. But there's one thing we all can do is hope 😊.

Reactions: Cmoney991

I went to Tesla office and saw the rep and he said I should receive it in June (Ordered early Feb, 14-20 weeks ends near the end of June). He said delays should not be too much of a problem for Australian deliveries.

Hoegh Target has pulled in behind Turandot in Shanghai. Quick google search shows this is (or was at some point) a Euro Tesla carrying ship. If it is, it looks like Tesla is pushing them out like crazy!

Actually looking at it's schedule, it's off to the Middle East.

Order
Model 3 LR White
Interior: Black
OD: 24/4/22
VIN: NA
Built Date: NA
Delivery Date: NA. Estimated 6-9 months

Long wait ahead for me having just ordered.

Speaking to SA at time of order, they indicated orders at that stage were for delivery before end of year and that scheduled shipment was nearly sold out. Around a week later the estimated delivery time changed to 9-12 months.

As someone who's owned both, I'll put it this way: if you get the LR, you won't find yourself wishing you had gone with the RWD.
Ah... gotcha... Thank you!

I prefer AWD and liked the acceleration of the LR (thought the RWD was quick too), but got confused when I started reading up about battery degradation. The LFP sounds as thought it's more durable and has less degradation, but I think I'm in a state of overload at the moment o_O

If only the crystal ball would work.
We have some sleuths onboard this forum who seem to derive really great info, and i trust [somewhat] their guestimates.
I get little joy from contact with SA in Canberra where i ordered, and less from Brisbane [my delivery site], so their info fully unreliable.
I'm now at 13 weeks wait, out of "14 to 20" but just have to sit tight.
In the meantime I continue to check the Armaacup website and schedules [Asia to Oceania | Armacup] though I realise they are not the only carriers [just most mentioned in the forum], i check the ship locations on ship tracker sites and generally fill the void.
I've owned a hybrid [Honds Cr-Z] for 10 years and recently sold it in anticipation of my M3LR, so now operating on just one car [ICE] in a location with near zero public transport, so especially ready for return to two-car family.

My worry is what you have written last, we have a 2 car house at the moment, with mine being used for school runs to keep the km's down for trade it, the longer it takes, the closer to cut off mileage I get.. I think the pickup location here in Vic, SE, is about 30kms from home, so I can get pretty close, but still. I have next to nothing for PT to get to work if my car is unable to be driven, the kids have to get to school!