Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Atto 3 is not available until at least August. We bought one on the first day orders opened. I don’t know about the MG.
Just saw this ....

"Tesla, of course, is not the only car maker unable to meet EV orders, with consumers in Australia competing to get one of the few cars offered by the likes of Hyundai, Kia and others for popular models such as the Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6."

Predictions for 2022, Tassie, ACT & SA EV Uptake​

After a fairly good start to 2022 for ACT, SA and Tasmania, all showing strong growth in Tesla uptake, things might be a bit slower in Q2 as Shanghai lockdowns impact the production for the Australian market this quarter.

This slowdown in deliveries will pick back up now that production has resumed and general EV demand in Australia remains strong.

Tasmanian owners will see more cars delivered to Australia via Port Kembla in the second quarter than in the first quarter. It’s expected that there would be higher numbers for Tesla registrations in April 2022.

Macquarie offer early termination with a ~$750 fee pro-rated from memory. My rep called me yesterday to re-apply since my first loan expired (it's been 6 months since being approved). Also, the rate is increasing next week so we had to lock in the 2.99%. all approved now. I can wait another 6 months for my me LR. 🫤
How did you get 6 months? I only got 3 per time?

Macquarie offer early termination with a ~$750 fee pro-rated from memory. My rep called me yesterday to re-apply since my first loan expired (it's been 6 months since being approved). Also, the rate is increasing next week so we had to lock in the 2.99%. all approved now. I can wait another 6 months for my me LR. 🫤
Hi

That's great, I think you locked it just on time, the interest rate has already gone up to 3.99% with Macquarie, I tried today to lock it but it was too late for me, my bad luck.

Basically, people globally waiting for Teslas is a content click goldmine. Look at Youtube, you see the same content creators basically cycling their videos so new waiters are taken through their whole series of "new" videos. Rinse. Repeat. And any offhand comment from a dock worker smoking a dart at Luchao is reported and fed through the all the media orgs and blogs posing as media orgs.
There's one particular YouTuber I've gone right off now, won't even click his videos.
Can't remember his name, but he's always got a mic in his shot.

Every thumbnail is a picture of some Photoshopped display and is captioned "New features" "this changes everything" "massive update"
Most of them just contain one line about how maybe Tesla Is developing their own app store"
I'd understand once in a while, but it's basically every video lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoopyfrood
Yes for delivery roughly what is the variance atm....I know currently it states 9-12 months. But how early or later LR is to RWD
I think get the RWD unless you really need the extra range or acceleration. For me, it’s fast enough. Range is good enough. I save a few thousand from the state incentive as well. With the money saved, I could potentially buy a BYD Atto 2 or something.

robe
There's one particular YouTuber I've gone right off now, won't even click his videos.

Every thumbnail is a picture of some Photoshopped display and is captioned "New features" "this changes everything" "massive update"
Most of them just contain one line about how maybe Tesla Is developing their own app store"
robert rosenfeld? every video is yesterdays video recycled with no new news🤣it’s so bad!

Reactions: DrWaffles90

Ha! Tesla Tom is OK, but i watched (10 minutes of) his live feed and he clearly isn't paying attention to the market anymore. There was a plethora of information about the shutdown and he was just asking the chat "Why do you think there are delays?". ... "The war in Ukraine. Hmm. Could be. Problems with the supply chain. Hmm. Could be. Teslarox6969 says Sea monsters could be the cause. Hmm. Could be."

• Funny
Reactions: DrWaffles90
I think get the RWD unless you really need the extra range or acceleration. For me, it’s fast enough. Range is good enough. I save a few thousand from the state incentive as well. With the money saved, I could potentially buy a BYD Atto 2 or something.
Nah I have already ordered LR two weeks ago but just wanted to know if there are significant delays with LR compared to RWD