Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi longtime lurker but thought I’d give my order details to see how many Performance config. may be waiting.
M3P White/White
O/D 26/3
Gold Coast
And never been contacted at all, not even a congrats when I ordered.
Hi Mate,
M3P Red/black
Ordered 21/12
Sydney
Only time I have heard from them, is when I have contacted them for some lies and misinformation.
Patience has ran out, when I just got the Tesla phone call today, and told to expect 9-12 month wait. Best case September delivery, but likely late November/ December. Just over it…14-20 week delivery to 12 months. And that’s actually giving them credit for now being upfront and honest, and not to be told ‘due covid’ rubbish in November blah blah more lies. Like others have pointed out, it’s a 3 week China lockdown, which has somehow equated to a 8 month delay.
I think I am going to buy something else now, which can be delivered in my lifetime, and I will resell the M3P…..Don’t ask people how long they have waited for spare parts after a collision.

Last edited:
Reactions: fobo
Ive been watching here for some months, but up until now have never had any opinion really worth while sharing.

My view is that Tesla is simply going with the best economic use of its limited product. Tesla is the recipient of regulatory credits from US, EU and China.
In 2021 Tesla sold somewhat less than 1m vehicles, but reg credits provided about $1.4b in revenue, so about $1,400 per car. In 1st quarter 2022, reg credits were $679m , double 4th quarter 2021 and significantly higher than 1st quarter 2021, so probably higher in the remaining quarters of 2022.
The deal Tesla had with FCA (now Stellantis) for EU credits was to run until 2023, so even though Stellantis now says it no longer needs Tesla credits, I suspect the deal is still live. If this is the case and Tesla production remains limited by Shanghai *sugar* Tesla will continue to sell its production where it gets best return - EU
Australia and UK, now no longer in EU provide no reg credits to Tesla, so why should Tesla sell an in demand product here?

I am not an expert, so please tell me I am wrong.

Australia and UK, now no longer in EU provide no reg credits to Tesla, so why should Tesla sell an in demand product here?

I am not an expert, so please tell me I am wrong.
You're not wrong, and Tesla isn't the only automotive manufacturer to say and do exactly that. Other markets have CAFE (Corporate Average Fleet Emissions) regulations, so manufacturers either sell more low and zero emission vehicles to meet emission targets or buy credits from a manufacturer that is well under target (such as Tesla, that only make zero emissions vehicles). Those manufacturers that have higher emission vehicles, well why not send them to Australia? No penalties for doing so. For the EV-only makers, markets like Australia end up lower priority than those markets where they get paid by the end-user AND a competitor.

Hi Mate,
M3P Red/black
Ordered 21/12
Sydney
Only time I have heard from them, is when I have contacted them for some lies and misinformation.
Patience has ran out, when I just got the Tesla phone call today, and told to expect 9-12 month wait. Best case September delivery, but likely late November/ December. Just over it…14-20 week delivery to 12 months. And that’s actually giving them credit for now being upfront and honest, and not to be told ‘due covid’ rubbish in November blah blah more lies. Like others have pointed out, it’s a 3 week China lockdown, which has somehow equated to a 8 month delay.
I think I am going to buy something else now, which can be delivered in my lifetime, and I will resell the M3P…..Don’t ask people how long they have waited for spare parts after a collision.
I don’t blame you for being mad… 20 weeks to 12 months is a big difference. I really hope you and the others I’ve seen in here that’ve been waiting since early Nov get them on the next boat load. It seems like they are pushing Oz orders down the list. I was hoping that the German gigafactory would help fill the European orders but it seems they have a long way to go yet. :(

Reactions: fobo and TSELA
Lol thanks. a few people have mentioned they haven’t been contacted except for a call to congratulate them when they ordered. I started to second guess myself that I didn’t put the order through correctly. :oops:
I think some SA's are more proactive than others, I've had one email from mine, and other people seem to be in regular communication with theirs.
I haven't heard anything in the last few days either.

I think some SA's are more proactive than others, I've had one email from mine, and other people seem to be in regular communication with theirs.
I haven't heard anything in the last few days either.
Yeah, definitely agree. As I haven’t been waiting very long yet (ordered 26/3), I’m not going to contact anyone. I’ve got a 6 to 9 month wait. But still holding out hope that things improve over the next few months with Shanghai and Germany and we see wait times start to decrease down the track.

Hi Mate,
M3P Red/black
Ordered 21/12
Sydney
Hey TSELA can I ask what made you choose Tesla over another company when you put your order in before Christmas? Was it a particular feature?

Hey TSELA can I ask what made you choose Tesla over another company when you put your order in before Christmas? Was it a particular feature?
Sure. It was purely bang for your buck, with the performance. Unfortunately as time has dragged on and now with huge extended wait times, I have hit my patience limit. I now can understand the real-time frustration some have, when waiting on spare parts, after a collision. Some have been waiting 7 months, with similar stories of Tesla, reporting misinformation and lies. Only to have some parts turn up and then no information on the how long the remainder will be. Then finally after they arrived, the repair shop tells them it will now be several months till they have time to complete the work. Tesla don’t carry a full suite of replacement panels in Australia, due to shortages at the factories. If you need a new panel, then you might be waiting as long as it takes to order a new car.
The customer service is pathetic and not just during Covid or chip shortages. This is even before they have my money, let alone if something where to go wrong with the vehicle. I have lost all confidence in the brand! They only have one model in Australia and can’t even get that right. It definitely did sound too good to be true, when I ordered before Christmas last year.
Anyhow, that’s my rant, thanks for listening👍

I'm not following this thread and I haven't read the previous pages, so I hope I'm not repeting something that's been said already.
I ordered a Black Model 3 Long Range, black interiors, 19" sport wheels, no FSD, for delivery in Japan on the 17th of March. Made in Shanghai.

Me and other Japanese buyers received the VIN on the 12th of May.
It seems this Black Model 3s are being produced first, at least for this batch.

Reactions: PcS000
I'm not following this thread and I haven't read the previous pages, so I hope I'm not repeting something that's been said already.
I ordered a Black Model 3 Long Range, black interiors, 19" sport wheels, no FSD, for delivery in Japan on the 17th of March. Made in Shanghai.

Me and other Japanese buyers received the VIN on the 12th of May.
It seems this Black Model 3s are being produced first, at least for this batch.
Hi nishinari, thanks for the information. I was just curious when you ordered your model 3?

Hi nishinari, thanks for the information. I was just curious when you ordered your model 3?
I think 17th of March was meant to be his order date?
I never thought Turandot was much of a chance (but it's kind of fun tracking and hoping), But Morning Clara still looks reasonable arriving 13/6 in Port Kembla, so by the time they unload, transport and prepare the cars, most probably fall into July ("3Q"). Morning Crystal would also meet an early "3Q" delivery. Maybe just unrealistic optimism, but better than the alternative. At least for those of us with 2021 order dates.
Honestly that's what I believed as well, before all the recent info about no ships to Australia in Q2. News outlets did say the first batch of exports since the shutdown left on Wednesday to Slovenia, and their next batch wasn't due out til this past Friday, which didn't line up with Turandot. Unless their production takes another hit, I figured they should have enough cars to fulfill the earlier AU/NZ orders soon, to make it onto at least one of the next few ships.

Also to the people who are wondering why a 3 week shutdown is resulting in a longer than 3 week delay, they're still not working at full production capacity.

Black Model 3LR AWD, black interior, 19" sport wheels, no FSD.

Ordered March 17 in Japan. VIN received May 12.

Right now it seems like the black LRs are taking priority.

On the (automated) email received on the 12th of May the SA said that if everything goes smoothly, we should receive them by the end of June.

I am only telling you this because I know Japanese and Australian Model 3s come from the same factory (Shanghai), but I have no idea if such information is useful to you. So please take them with a grain of salt.

One more thing: at this link (モデル3納車進捗チェッカー) you can find the order spreadsheet for Japanese Model 3s.

For reference, I attach a screenshot with the translated fields.
"Design locked" means we have submitted all the information required (step 1 and 2) to proceed with the order and we can't customize our car anymore.

EDIT: I've just checked the order spreadsheet once again and it seems the body color is not a major factor. In fact VIN has been assigned to other colors as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.24.19.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.24.19.png
    405.8 KB · Views: 70
I think 17th of March was meant to be his order date?

Honestly that's what I believed as well, before all the recent info about no ships to Australia in Q2. News outlets did say the first batch of exports since the shutdown left on Wednesday to Slovenia, and their next batch wasn't due out til this past Friday, which didn't line up with Turandot. Unless their production takes another hit, I figured they should have enough cars to fulfill the earlier AU/NZ orders soon, to make it onto at least one of the next few ships.

Also to the people who are wondering why a 3 week shutdown is resulting in a longer than 3 week delay, they're still not working at full production capacity.
Seems though it’s not the 3 week shutdown, it’s just AIS/NZ are low priority to Tesla. Example being a person from Japan ordering on the 17th March and receiving a VIN in early May. The majority of people have been waiting a lot longer than that here

Reactions: Miku