Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope people are giving the SAs as much grief as possible and are venting or at least communicating your frustrations. With respect of course. There will no doubt after such a large campaign of phone calls, there will be staff surveys and data gathering by management on overall feeling and how things went. You don't let these large data capture opportunities slide.

Will help gauge basically how much more they can screw the customer base before they walk with further delays to assist with overseas deliveries, especially when you look at how the financial markets and exchange rates have moved and what they have sold cars for in Australia (were nearly the cheapest in the world) and the cost to get them here for such a small overall production batch. Tesla will be doing everything they can not to send cars here at the moment and for as long as they can get away with it.

Add to that possibilities of downgraded parts such as no matrix headlights, old atom processors and other things as they deal with the ongoing parts shortages. Remember telsa builds on just in time runs so they don't have parts just sitting around. And as with tesla communication, you won't know what you're getting until it's delivered. Just got to look at some of the US and recent Chinese deliveries to see this already occuring.

It's not like there is other competing options to buy here anyways.

Where does this idea come from. The cars haven’t been made yet. They are not in this country, so there is no bottleneck here
I was responding to a comment saying "Maybe they'll plan a huge RHD production run for Australia so [two quarters worth of orders] get delivered all at the same time in 2H". My point is that building two quarters worth for Australia could be done - it'd just be another couple of days of production once they're at full capacity - but they wouldn't be able to process and deliver them all here that quickly, based on past experience.

I was responding to a comment saying "Maybe they'll plan a huge RHD production run for Australia so [two quarters worth of orders] get delivered all at the same time in 2H". My point is that building two quarters worth for Australia could be done - it'd just be another couple of days of production once they're at full capacity - but they wouldn't be able to process and deliver them all here that quickly, based on past experience.
Doesn’t make sense, when Australia provides Tesla one of the lowest government kick backs around the globe. Tesla, like any other multinational company, will always chase the dollars.

Best looking Tesla 3 color combo?
Ordered black Performance w/ black interior. Not the best looking cars but everything looks better blacked out imo
I ordered red/black so obviously that works for me, but honestly, I really like it in white, with a real dark tint and the coloured brake caliper... and this is from someone who hates white cars with passion.

I think the full glass roof and black satin trim, gives it enough contrast to make it not just another 'white' car.

Personally, wasn't a fan of black, but that's just my opinion!

With no cars this quarter but Morning Clara on the way to Shanghai now with an ETA of 22nd of May (currently off the east coast of Australia) that means it'll be arriving back here in July/August with cars onboard if it can get through the port backlog in Shanghai without more delay than I'm already factoring in with that estimate. I'm thinking the timing isn't blowing out as far as people think, it's just not a delivery in May/June.

There is a second ship that I've forgotten the name of that also travels around the same time in the past.

With no cars this quarter but Morning Clara on the way to Shanghai now with an ETA of 22nd of May (currently off the east coast of Australia) that means it'll be arriving back here in July/August with cars onboard if it can get through the port backlog in Shanghai without more delay than I'm already factoring in with that estimate. I'm thinking the timing isn't blowing out as far as people think, it's just not a delivery in May/June.

There is a second ship that I've forgotten the name of that also travels around the same time in the past.
Morning crystal?

I don’t get with all the tech they have they can’t provide better tracking. I’d swap my order if they could be clearer on what the back of the queue is now
Each time the dates change it's the next quarter opening up, it's not all production issues, it's demand is higher than the fixed number of cars they'll deliver in a quarter I believe. When I ordered my car the SA warned me the quarters orders were nearly full, I ordered days after it jumped up 5 to 7 months because I sat on my decision to order after getting that warning...the Shanghai shutdown has obviously impacted those orders now as well but only by a few months. It'll be interesting to see how it impacts my delivery (I haven't been contacted about a further delay) but I was already expecting sometime between July and September (with September most likely).

Without intending to dampen enthusiasm for Morning Clara, (I too want cars here, esp for those who have had long waits!)
BUT, my reading of this forum suggests that Tesla’s need to count cars ‘delivered’ in the Quarter figures reduces the likelihood of loading on a ship and having them on the water over the Qtr end - instead delivering them to local markets.
Instead they might use Don Juan (Shanghai 9 June) and Morning Crystal (Shanghai 13 June).

Their commitment to catching up on the back log may not stretch to having inventory on the water.
Happy for others to disagree…

Reactions: PcS000