Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks MickV. It was tough to consider. I did ask for an hour to consider it. But I've been waiting near 6 months already and I think the situation in Shanghai is unpredictable at the moment. I did like the white and 'upper management' also liked the white so it was something I was prepared to compromise on. I wouldn't have gone to LR or RWD, but I could change the color. I figured worst case if I am not happy with white, I'll get it wrapped.
Did they give you a refund on the price of the red?
Oh, and congrats

Thanks MickV. It was tough to consider. I did ask for an hour to consider it. But I've been waiting near 6 months already and I think the situation in Shanghai is unpredictable at the moment. I did like the white and 'upper management' also liked the white so it was something I was prepared to compromise on. I wouldn't have gone to LR or RWD, but I could change the color. I figured worst case if I am not happy with white, I'll get it wrapped.
Did you ask what's on the ODO?

I just got a call from Tesla advising that they have been authorized to release the cars earmarked for 'test drive fleet' replacement to customers with the earliest order date. These came in just before the shut down. Annnnnd.. one has become available matching my order. He mentioned I was top of the list with the earliest order date (as I suspected).
Delivery is scheduled for June 24-June 30. On a side note, my birthday is June 26.

So it appears they have been trying to find ways to deal with the issue finally
Glad to hear they're trying to make it right for those who've been waiting since November. Definitely the right call.

I noticed UK narrowed deliveries have all been reverting to their original EDDs the past couple of days. No VINs assigned either. It could be the standard weirdness reported prior to VIN assignment. Or could it be... In the crazy rush to get the cars out, RHDs were in fact loaded onto Turandot and they only just found out? Hence the Glovis having to hang around for days in port waiting for the last cars to load? So like... 150 odd Teslas and 4850 odd Chinese forklifts?

Definitely looks like cars on a ship, otherwise they'd deliver them tomorrow.

For those who got the call. Had you previously gotten the Not till 2nd half call? And are you in east coast capitals? (so quicker delivery from ship versus regional and WA/Tas)
Funnily enough, I got the call/email yesterday. I was in a meeting this morning and saw the Tesla number come up so I was surprised they were ringing me. thought they might have just been doubling up on the call. imagine my surprise! I'm in Melbourne

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
Guess who got a Vin allocated today?
Glad to hear they're trying to make it right for those who've been waiting since November. Definitely the right call.
I was the first to get allocated woohoo. So pumped
Screenshot_20220520-104510_Tesla.jpg

I just got a call from Tesla advising that they have been authorized to release the cars earmarked for 'test drive fleet' replacement to customers with the earliest order date. These came in just before the shut down. Annnnnd.. one has become available matching my order. He mentioned I was top of the list with the earliest order date (as I suspected).
Delivery is scheduled for June 24-June 30. On a side note, my birthday is June 26.

So it appears they have been trying to find ways to deal with the issue finally
Happy Birthday!!!

Reactions: New Tech Bj