Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.. and I thought if I didn’t clean the garage, the car might come sooner. Alas, that didn’t work.
I don't think I could have prepped any more, but it hasn't made the car come sooner for me either 🙁.

IMG_0516.jpeg

Last edited:
Woooo!!! Hoooo!!!. Just spoke to Tesla, I have a VIN assigned but the website still doesn't display a delivery date. But they said it is on it's way right now and arriving in the country next week, which I think can only mean Turandot. Delivery a week or 2 after that. Similar story to the other posts, car built just before the lockdown, was going to be a demo car but has been allocated to me. Now I have to clean up my current car and sell it and finish cleaning out the garage (I started that in February but lost interest when it became obvious it wasn't coming anytime soon). On the website I had to "accept" the change to the range due to the Ryzen screen upgrade.

Has anyone else heard this?? On Drive

2021-2022 Tesla Model 3 recalled in Australia​

A fault could cause the onboard computer to fail, according to the manufacturer.

William Davis
William Davis
07:0020 May 2022
CommentIcon2comments
ShareIcon
6shares

Tesla Australia has recalled 4287 examples of its Tesla Model 3, citing a fault with with the onboard computer.
The affected vehicles are stamped Model Years 2021-2022.
The recall notice, lodged with the Department of Infrastructure, says: "Due to a software issue, fast-charging the vehicle may result in the infotainment central processing unit (CPU) overheating.

Last edited:
Has anyone else heard this?? On The Driven

A fault could cause the onboard computer to fail, according to the manufacturer.

William Davis
William Davis
CommentIcon2comments
ShareIcon
6shares

Tesla Australia has recalled 4287 examples of its Tesla Model 3, citing a fault with with the onboard computer.
The recall notice, lodged with the Department of Infrastructure, says: "Due to a software issue, fast-charging the vehicle may result in the infotainment central processing unit (CPU) overheating.
Typically, as with all of these notices, it will be fixed with an OTA update

I received my good news call today! ETA 24-30/June
Order date 30/11/21. LR , WHITE / BLACK. Melbourne
Same story, they decided to redirect this shipment from dealer demos to some customers who missed out on Q1 deliveries. My son tells me the source code has a 17 digit placeholder VIN (it's not decodable by the online VIN decoder, he said Telsa codes start with 5YJ) my VIN is LRW.....678.
He was familiar with Turandot and morning Clara, said there is another morning something ship they sometimes use. But he didn't know what boat mine was on 😀, was aware of the growing legion of ship watchers out there. Time to install the charger !

My theory… (here it comes).
If Vedaprime says it is usually 3.5 weeks between ship arriving in AUS and getting your car (and you are getting VINs now, which often happens once loaded on a ship from what others have suggested)….they must be on Turnadot!
The timing seems too tight for Morning Clara.

Let the intense ship following recommence 🚢🚢🚢
It got real dark for a bit there but we're back on the horse! Galloping among the forklifts and 150 magical Teslas... Majestic.

Has anyone else heard this?? On Drive

William Davis
William Davis
CommentIcon2comments
ShareIcon
6shares

It’s a software fix, included in firmware 2022.12.3.3 and later. Affects cars with the new Ryzen CPU for their infotainment system.

See the source (US) recall and timeline information at https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCAK-22V296-6974.pdf and https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RMISC-22V296-1470.pdf

Maybe this is old news, but I found a different site that can give you the position of a ship within a few hours. What I had been using could only give me current position when it is near to land. Just google ' "ship name" current position ' and look down the list of hits for shipfix.com. e.g. 'Turandot current position' and you should see that 4 hours ago it was north of Wewak. Do all the cars get offloaded in Port Kembla and then trucked to Melbourne and Brisbane? That would explain why they told me 2-3 weeks to delivery and others are saying 24th June - 30th June. Exciting isn't it. Are we having fun yet (again). (I know, easy for me to say now that I have an imminent arrival).

Reactions: ruste