Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Labor's policy wording for their "Electric Car Discount" states "These exemptions will be available to all electric cars below the luxury car tax threshold for fuel efficient vehicles ($77,565 in 2020-21)." My M3 LR ordered on 06 Feb is $76,467 (excluding registration, CTP and stamp duty) which would put it below this threshold (the threshold is actually now $79,659) so the question will be all based around order date, payment date and delivery date I'm assuming?

Reactions: ohmsalad
Labor's policy wording for their "Electric Car Discount" states "These exemptions will be available to all electric cars below the luxury car tax threshold for fuel efficient vehicles ($77,565 in 2020-21)." My M3 LR ordered on 06 Feb is $76,467 (excluding registration, CTP and stamp duty) which would put it below this threshold (the threshold is actually now $79,659) so the question will be all based around order date, payment date and delivery date I'm assuming?
Wife said "how many pollies have M3 on order??"
Any pollies on this page??

Upon the import declaration being submitted to the Australian Integrated Cargo System (i.e. ABF/Customs). The transaction value is calculated on the rate of exchange on the day of export. How that plays into the Tesla ordering process likely varies and i am unsure. For me, i have already had an invoice issued against a purchase order which states the transaction value but the car has not been imported or submitted to the ICS (as far as i am aware). This submission would probably happen on the ship once they 100% know what they're actually exporting? Thinking about it, this is probably when a VIN is assigned because they would have to enter a transaction value (therefore tangible good) against your specific transaction.

For us Queenslanders with M3's on order we miss out on Anastacia's offerings, this might just make up for.

Reactions: Cammo
I’m sure this has been asked before, but can’t seem to find a definitive answer. is it possible to get the EDD to show in the app or on the webpage, if you live outside of a major city. Ordered M3 RWD about a month ago, I think at the time it was in the 6 to 9 month window, but app and webpage just show an RN number and that’s it! I know the EDD is not set in stone but would be nice to have some vague date there. Or am I in the dark until I receive a notification from Tesla. Thanks

I’m sure this has been asked before, but can’t seem to find a definitive answer. is it possible to get the EDD to show in the app or on the webpage, if you live outside of a major city. Ordered M3 RWD about a month ago, I think at the time it was in the 6 to 9 month window, but app and webpage just show an RN number and that’s it! I know the EDD is not set in stone but would be nice to have some vague date there. Or am I in the dark until I receive a notification from Tesla. Thanks
Don't think so. You'll just have to wait till the 6month point then wait from there.

I'm in FNQ and the car has to be trucked from Brisbane to my front door. So will probably only see something in the app till when the car is in Brisbane! LoL

I asked the same question a while ago. No EDD in account or on app on two different devices. Even uninstalled the app and reinstalled in case there was a glitch. I wondered if it was because I ordered in Canberra, for QLD delivery.

Bear in mind this really only has benefit if you go down the path of a novated lease (to save on FBT and pay for the car with pre-tax salary).

Australia has a Free Trade Agreement with China so vehicles are not subject to import tariffs.

Bear in mind this really only has benefit if you go down the path of a novated lease (to save on FBT and pay for the car with pre-tax salary).

Australia has a Free Trade Agreement with China so vehicles are not subject to import tariffs.
I hadn't considered that. We also have FTA's with Japan, South Korea, Thailand and USA among others. What a great policy, offer to reduce the tariff when they know almost all the EV's under the luxury car tax limit will come from these countries. The FBT is a big saving but doesn't help me as a self funded retiree. Maybe I'll run the numbers on having one of my sons take a novated lease on it. The down side of a novated lease with an EV is that you don't have much benefit from the savings on fuel. I guess I will probably just have to be happy with the $3000 saving on stamp duty in NSW.

Reactions: PcS000 and penn_
Hi team, got my SA call on Wednesday (Brisbane, M3P, 18/1 OD) with the bad news. There appears to be some inconsistencies regarding SA indicated waiting times etc. but one interesting thing that he mentioned was that there were about 100 Q1 LR and P orders that were not filled, so, on top of that 100, surely it shouldn't be too difficult for the factory to do a run and clear the dual motor backlog. Take that as you will, this article backs it up sort of (Tesla buyers snub performance and long range versions so they can pocket rebates). So, we're talking a relative 'hand full' of Performance models that require clearing for Australia. Let's hope that, realistically, that run takes place around September, for an end of year delivery. Is anyone more optimistic than that? 😆

The ALP's own page actually cites the Nissan Leaf as their example. AFAIK they are made in Japan so the 5% does not apply to them either!

If you could import a Tesla from Berlin you would get 5% off (after they first added it on!)

Seems like a "generous" incentive.

My EDD was 14-20 weeks but then disappeared altogether for a couple of days then reappeared as 14-20 weeks. I ordered in Feb.