Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Previous Australian builds have been between the 8-10th of the first month of the quarter. Whats the next ship heading to Australia with around a 15th July departure?
The published Armacup schedule isn't showing that far out yet, but Viking Passama and Morning Crystal could both be candidates based on the finish dates of their previous sailings. Wait another week or two and check the Armacup schedule.

On my desktop i can easily check the AU v US site, and similarly using a browser on mobile. But how/where do you check that in the app??
It is in the main screen for the vehicle when Tesla deems it to be a knowable fact. For deliveries outside the immediate area of the service centres I think it may never appear in the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-185554_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220528-185554_Tesla.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 91
It is in the main screen for the vehicle when Tesla deems it to be a knowable fact. For deliveries outside the immediate area of the service centres I think it may never appear in the app.
Thanks ChrisW67. I've accepted that the EDD just wont show for some reason. My question was about checking whether the APP has a country-specific ie: Au Vs US, since its was suggested that the US App generates different information somewhat similar to the different wordings on the desktop account pages.

I see they have pushed out another shipment of cars to Europe, they don't care about us 😔. Ah well...
yep seems that way.. very poor form by Tesla.. especially considering all the delivery gains they had Q1 this year alone.. you all should complain to Musk on twitter why sending your Model 3s to UK and Japan .. not acceptable.. If it was me.. would be placing order else where and which ever gets here first take that ..

Reactions: coref1
yep seems that way.. very poor form by Tesla.. especially considering all the delivery gains they had Q1 this year alone.. you all should complain to Musk on twitter why sending your Model 3s to UK and Japan .. not acceptable.. If it was me.. would be placing order else where and which ever gets here first take that ..
Yes, that's exactly what I need - to join more waiting lists.

Currently the regulation EU 2019/631 limits the fleet wide Co2 emissions for each manufacturer in Europe for the cars they sell and issue fines for non compliance. Tesla makes no cars that emit Co2 in operation so make good money selling credits to other manufacturers, so they can reduce their fleet wide Co2 score and avoid the fines for exceeding the limit. So Tesla makes a profit on the car and revenue from selling the Co2 credits to other ICE companies, making each sale in the EU much more attractive than a sale in Australia.
Tesla is not alone in this and is one of the major reasons why Australia receives tiny allocations of EVs from all manufacturers and will remain so until Australia introduces similar legislation here.

Hi all, reporting in here! I also got the update on my app, August - October. ODD 10/Feb White/White LR.

Is anyone seeing a noticeable pattern here? I haven't been able to pick out anything yet.

Anyhow, we're all in this together, we're all each other's support team members - just hang in there boys and girls, eventually we'll get to sit in our cars, with sunshine beaming down through the roof, significant other in the front passenger seat, kids n' fur babies (if any) in the back enjoying a nice, quiet drive to happiness!

I think about our fellow buyers who are wavering, again hang in there, I say!!

Every time I think of the alternative, no matter how the legacy ICE manufacturers try to dress their cars up - all I can see in my mind's eye are those old Model-T type jalopies (think Chitty-chitty-bang-bang). Yeah, no thanks not for me!

😂

It's just a strange range for Tesla..
Aug-Sep makes more sense. (ie. Produced in July, shipped in August, Delivered in Aug/Sep)
Because if there's even a covid case in the closed loop system, a large supply chain disruption or the lockdown easing is wound back by authorities (remember us going in and out and into lockdown again for months to years?), they have a couple of months in hand. Basically they learned from the last lockdown. And remember the lockdown in Shanghai hasn't ended at all. They have managed to ramp in a close loop system. A very, very large close loop system with a lot of moving parts and a lot of individual humans. An outbreak can stop that system real quick. On the plus side, if that doesn't happen, we might get our cars earlier.

Reactions: rtvanda
I have waited this long, so what’s another few months. I say take your time Tesla, the last thing I want is a rushed closed loop, overworked, fatigued employee, handing me a lemon. Let’s hope that the next deliveries are not known as those ‘covid lockdown’ batch. 🤞
I've just been reading an ABC news item on AI [Think you can spot content written by AI? The truth is you've probably already read a lot of it].
had me wondering if our high tech Tesla, and its various components [egShanghai], might be using AI to "inform" us.
Article makes it clear that such AI is good, but far from perfect. maybe miscalculating some dates?

I've just been reading an ABC news item on AI [Think you can spot content written by AI? The truth is you've probably already read a lot of it].
had me wondering if our high tech Tesla, and its various components [egShanghai], might be using AI to "inform" us.
Article makes it clear that such AI is good, but far from perfect. maybe miscalculating some dates?
The EDD has always been a lottery, my advice is if you're waiting, pay as much attention to it as the long range weather forecast because it's just as accurate. One thing that hasn't changed is the crap experience between ordering the car and taking delivery, it's like / worse than ordering a mobile phone from one of the telcos.

The only thing that matters after paying your deposit is an assigned VIN. Once you have a VIN, then things are starting to firm up because your car now exists and it's been assigned to you. At this point if you're tired of guessing what's going to happen and want better service for tracking the arrival of your car, I'd suggest joining Vedaprime's service which will allow you to track the car and timings to the delivery centre.

• Helpful
Reactions: rtvanda