Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep I’m afraid it’s true. No charger either, they’re copying Apple. You’ll just get a really long usb cable
Cars are still coming with portable UMC charger. I picked my car up last Friday. From what I read online before this was only ever a US thing, but there was a lot of backlash there so I don't know whether they went ahead with this. Elon Musk said the statistics showed the chargers weren't used much, but in the USA they have a much more extensive supercharger network and also a lot of US houses only have 110v and getting 240v put on is a bit costly. Charging at 110v is VERY slow. Don't worry about it, I think they are a loooong way off taking the chargers off little old Australia, if ever.

This. The lesson in all of this seems to be:
- don’t wait to order a Tesla car - buy one as soon as you can
- wait as long as possible to order Tesla accessories, because you don’t know when the aforementioned car will arrive, and whether you will end up ordering another one during the endless wait for the first one (thus rendering initial accessories potentially redundant).
Honestly i highly recommend ordering a Polestar and racing them to delivery. Every update, good or bad, becomes merely a development in the race. It's changed the vibe of the wait immesurably and is almost fun.

Cars are still coming with portable UMC charger. I picked my car up last Friday. From what I read online before this was only ever a US thing, but there was a lot of backlash there so I don't know whether they went ahead with this. Elon Musk said the statistics showed the chargers weren't used much, but in the USA they have a much more extensive supercharger network and also a lot of US houses only have 110v and getting 240v put on is a bit costly. Charging at 110v is VERY slow. Don't worry about it, I think they are a loooong way off taking the chargers off little old Australia, if ever.
When you purchase on the USA website it goes you the option to purchase it for (I think) $200

Because in AUS they do not give that option, it will come with the car.

Honestly i highly recommend ordering a Polestar and racing them to delivery. Every update, good or bad, becomes merely a development in the race. It's changed the vibe of the wait immesurably and is almost fun.
I can get behind this for the sheer entertainment value it would add to the previously planned forklift races.

I can get behind this. Out of interest, what's the delivery timeframe on your Polestar looking like at the moment?
January 2023. She's behind right now but is expected to maintain pace and looks a strong contender. The Model 3 has the early lead but the Polestar looks to capitalise on any slippage Tesla might make in the course of the race. A late turtle and hare scenario could very well play out here.

... also a lot of US houses only have 110v and getting 240v put on is a bit costly. Charging at 110v is VERY slow ...
Most houses in the USA have split phase 240V so 2 phases at 120V that can be linked together for high wattage devices like ovens and driers. Many Tesla owners are charging at really high rates from their drier outlets.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 1.05.20 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 1.05.20 pm.png
    416.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Informative
Reactions: Loxmyf and Ormaus
I've got a study full of accessories and I don't even have a car or VIN.
My first shipment of accessories is being delivered today.

Things that I didn't know I needed like tyre valve pump extender, shopping hooks, roof sunshades to protect my balding scalp and matte screen protector. I even considered the work desk so I can "work from car" 😂 maybe in the next order..

I wonder if I will even use any of it, hoping the screen protector will be good quality

• Funny
Reactions: *Sparkles*