Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for those with VINs.
Did you find the VIN in the source code or was the first notice point when you had to accept Tesla Vision on the account page...or did you get a text?
Firstly accepted Tesla vision and reduced range within my account page. Then found VIN in source code.

Still no official invoice, just a payment overview now in my main login page.

No text message.

Here is a summary of what's been axed since the beginning of the year:
3. USB Data Connectivity in Centre Console
4. USB Data Cable to Centre Console (Critical if you wanted to add 3rd party USB data port to central console later)
I bought one of these,

Though not from this seller. Amazon seller I purchased from now longer available. Lead time was better from them.

There are alternate designs around now, the one that mounts so that it is externally accessible looks kind of neat but in practice would have our ext4 USB stick with FLACs too exposed.

The one I linked gives two data ports, USB A and two high power charge ports, USB A and C and the ports are now easier to find also.

This works well for us.

yes this does indicate you’re getting a vin. Along with the update you received in your Tesla account. The Tesla app asking for bluetooth permissions if often the first sign of a VIN from reading reddit waiting room/ deliveries in America.
Another thing for me to obsessively check for the next 6-12 months I assume it'll take to get my car 😂

There are alternate designs around now, the one that mounts so that it is externally accessible looks kind of neat but in practice would have our ext4 USB stick with FLACs too exposed.

The one I linked gives two data ports, USB A and two high power charge ports, USB A and C and the ports are now easier to find also.
My understanding is that Tesla down-graded the internal USB cable linked to the centre console to no longer carry data and as such you can only use the centre ports for charging. Please tell me that I am wrong?

I was wrong. It is now obvious that Model 3s will arrive in Q3 too. Let me update what I said:

Q1 2022: There were 4,417 Model 3 registrations in Australia in Q1 2022 according to this article.
Q2 2022: I estimate 250 Model 3 registrations in Q2. These are leftovers from Q1, not new arrivals.
Q3 and Q4 2022: I estimate 4,700 Model 3 and 6,700 Model Y registrations in Australia in Q3 and then the same in Q4,

By the way, some specs of MIC Model 3 and Y can be found in this document: https://www.miit.gov.cn/cms_files/f...ch/20224/39a4716160414ee8874808c50fe30b5b.pdf
This is from the MIIT website (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology). In the PDF file, search for 特斯拉 which means Tesla. You can differentiate Model 3 and Y by vehicle length. Also, the last row shows motor power, for example, 194 kW.

People getting Model Y VINs on 28 June means that production at Giga Shanghai has switched to the Australia version of Model Y on 28 June. They do this because there isn't enough time left anymore to deliver cars locally. So, they have switched production to exports.
The cars delivered in Q2 were NOT leftovers from Q1. Mine was manufactured on April 26, and delivered on June 18, which means it was a new arrival

My understanding is that Tesla down-graded the internal USB cable linked to the centre console to no longer carry data and as such you can only use the centre ports for charging. Please tell me that I am wrong?
Sorry, seems I was mistaken. I did not realise that Tesla changed the centre console again. As you are right, one of the brand name hub expanders, Jowua, warns that
"2022 Model 3/Y center console configured charging functionality without data transmission, the HUB will enable charging functionality but no data transmission."

My build date is 25 0ct 2021. So although I have the same external two port USB C config, the internal functionality differs. I guess I was lucky and you not so much.

I did buy a small USB A 4 port "double" adaptor type hub, i.e there is no cable to manage,
for the glove box thinking I might mount the second data stick there but prefered in the end to have it in the centre console.

Seems short sited with Tesla promoting game controllers for the entertainment centre, USB game controllers make perfect sense going in there.

Sorry, seems I was mistaken. I did not realise that Tesla changed the centre console again. As you are right, one of the brand name hub expanders, Jowua, warns that
"2022 Model 3/Y center console configured charging functionality without data transmission, the HUB will enable charging functionality but no data transmission."

My build date is 25 0ct 2021. So although I have the same external two port USB C config, the internal functionality differs. I guess I was lucky and you not so much.

I did buy a small USB A 4 port "double" adaptor type hub, i.e there is no cable to manage,
for the glove box thinking I might mount the second data stick there but prefered in the end to have it in the centre console.

Seems short sited with Tesla promoting game controllers for the entertainment centre, USB game controllers make perfect sense going in there.
wait, so will there be any data capable USB in Tesla? Thinking of using a PS4 controller paired with an 8-bit bluetooth adapter. So are we saying there's no more USB where we can plug adapter to, and they are all charging only?

wait, so will there be any data capable USB in Tesla? Thinking of using a PS4 controller paired with an 8-bit bluetooth adapter. So are we saying there's no more USB where we can plug adapter to, and they are all charging only?
The only data port is the one in the glove box. There’s a Jowua product that can split this into two data ports and one port for your Tesla usb/ssd for sentry recording

Reactions: Azure7
I think glovebox only by the sound of it. Hopefully a small hub in there will give you sentry plus music plus game controllers.

I assume the Tesla still comes with a 128GB USB stick included, plugged into the glovebox and pre-formatted for sentry.

Reactions: Azure7 and Luddo
Question for those with VINs.
Did you find the VIN in the source code or was the first notice point when you had to accept Tesla Vision on the account page...or did you get a text?
1. Saw the Vedaprime alert on this channel that VINs would commence
2. Opened the smart phone app and saw the vision and range acceptance request. Looked but no VIN in app. Looked for final invoice - none.
3. Looked for source code on PC and found it

When I got my VIN on 25/05, Morning Clara was parked off Fraser Island. It then stopped at Brisbane, then went to Port Kembla, and unloaded the cars there.
Given the current location of the ship now, there’s a reasonable chance they are on it.
Yeah, but I think that was a bit of a special case, given those cars were reassigned. I really hope you're right, but I'm still gonna expect a late Aug delivery, and just be pleasantly surprised if it comes sooner.

Reactions: Ormaus
Just picked up my car, only drove it 15 mins as I had to get back to work. It's still in calibration mode and I couldn't test out autopilot yet

What I can confirm is:
  • RWD comes with Michelin Pilot Sports Tyres
  • 10A/15A Charging cable/tails are provided
  • Panel gaps are all uniform, looks like the quality of any other car out there
  • Boot lift is super fast after you push the button and could knock someone out if not careful :D ...the close button is a better, slower speed
  • Matrix headlights look amazing
  • Peeling the plastic off the screen is euphoric
  • Fart on demand sound is realistic

The whole process of getting the key was less than 5 minutes - you have to log in to the website (not app) to accept delivery
It took me longer to create a driver profile and work out how to actually drive it (test drive was so long ago!)

Just picked up my car, only drove it 15 mins as I had to get back to work. It's still in calibration mode and I couldn't test out autopilot yet

What I can confirm is:
  • RWD comes with Michelin Pilot Sports Tyres
  • 10A/15A Charging cable/tails are provided
  • Panel gaps are all uniform, looks like the quality of any other car out there
  • Boot lift is super fast after you push the button and could knock someone out if not careful :D ...the close button is a better, slower speed
  • Matrix headlights look amazing
  • Peeling the plastic off the screen is euphoric
  • Fart on demand sound is realistic

The whole process of getting the key was less than 5 minutes - you have to log in to the website (not app) to accept delivery
It took me longer to create a driver profile and work out how to actually drive it (test drive was so long ago!)
I am glad in the 15 minutes of driving you prioritised testing the fart mechanism. :)