Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my car, only drove it 15 mins as I had to get back to work. It's still in calibration mode and I couldn't test out autopilot yet

What I can confirm is:
  • RWD comes with Michelin Pilot Sports Tyres
  • 10A/15A Charging cable/tails are provided
  • Panel gaps are all uniform, looks like the quality of any other car out there
  • Boot lift is super fast after you push the button and could knock someone out if not careful :D ...the close button is a better, slower speed
  • Matrix headlights look amazing
  • Peeling the plastic off the screen is euphoric
  • Fart on demand sound is realistic

The whole process of getting the key was less than 5 minutes - you have to log in to the website (not app) to accept delivery
It took me longer to create a driver profile and work out how to actually drive it (test drive was so long ago!)
Congrats Hazygrunt, you lucky bugger!!!!

Understand this is a waiting room but who has a car and can comment on parking at home? I'm curious if you just get out of the car and rely on proximity locking, but you never get far enough from the car for it to activate. Can you program the car to autolock after putting into park or similar?

Understand this is a waiting room but who has a car and can comment on parking at home? I'm curious if you just get out of the car and rely on proximity locking, but you never get far enough from the car for it to activate. Can you program the car to autolock after putting into park or similar?
I can't speak for Teslas (yet) but the CX5 we have just picked up has this and it works fine. Garage is close to my study (they share a wall) and the spare key in there doesnt stop the auto lock when the driver walks away.

Can't imagine Tesla's will be any worse.

Just spoke with the Tesla business manager for Australia and he said there will be both significant 3 and Y deliveries in Australia in Q3.
Sorry a bit abrupt for my first post. I have waited very long and i'm a bit cranky and feel cheated by Tesla. And this line from the Business Manager is a carbon copy of the lines i have heard over and over. Yesterday my dealer at Tesla said pretty much the same thing but also said the same thing twice before. And I forgot to give my order. Black Long Range with Black and White interior. Ordered December 2021.

It works. My study is on the other side of the wall of the garage and it doesn't unlock, you have to be almost within arms reach of the car for it to unlock.

It locks itself based on time and / or walking away. If i get out at work and walk around to stuff around with the type 2 charger, it'll sometimes lock itself before I can get back to the passenger side to get my bag out (I'm never more than 0.5 metre away from the car). Otherwise, leaving the car and walking away will have the car detect that the phone is no longer within range and trigger the auto locking at a slightly faster rate. Either way, I've found it easy to use and it quickly becomes second nature (which is an issue when you forget that your other fossil car doesn't work as seamlessly)

Sorry a bit abrupt for my first post. I have waited very long and i'm a bit cranky and feel cheated by Tesla. And this line from the Business Manager is a carbon copy of the lines i have heard over and over. Yesterday my dealer at Tesla said pretty much the same thing but also said the same thing twice before. And I forgot to give my order. Black Long Range with Black and White interior. Ordered December 2021.
Multiple people have reported from different sources that the VINs will be coming out over a number of weeks.

As a December LR you're in a good place to get notified fairly soon. Currently the latest LR that we heard from that got a VIN on this forum is @ShireSparkles with 4th December. My guess is @Luddo will be be one of the next LR ones with an order date of 8th December. There are a number of others that have mentioned being December dates but they arent on the tracking spreadsheet (Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1)

Yes irritating that its taken so long but you're right at the front of the queue and if you look behind you its a long long queue! New orders are currently looking at Feb 2023 - May 2023 delivery! Chin up, you're almost there

What was the expected wait time when you ordered the car?

Quiet day for M3 VINs today - only added @MonsterRat who probably got the notification yesterday.

#UsernameOrder DateModelExteriorInteriorVIN Date
1​
MadFruit28/11/2021M3 LRBlackWhite28/06/2022
2​
o'leary2/12/2021M3 LR??28/06/2022
3​
Abraxas3/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
4​
PipPup3/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
5​
ShireSparkles4/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
6​
Wombat_T13/01/2022M3 RWDWhiteWhite28/06/2022
7​
mjs202215/01/2022M3 RWDWhiteBlack28/06/2022
8​
tubbyx716/01/2022M3 RWDRedWhite28/06/2022
9​
m3melb16/01/2022M3 RWDBlackBlack28/06/2022
10​
MonsterRat17/01/2022M3 RWDWhiteWhite29/06/2022

Multiple people have reported from different sources that the VINs will be coming out over a number of weeks.

As a December LR you're in a good place to get notified fairly soon. Currently the latest LR that we heard from that got a VIN on this forum is @ShireSparkles with 4th December. My guess is @Luddo will be be one of the next LR ones with an order date of 8th December. There are a number of others that have mentioned being December dates but they arent on the tracking spreadsheet (Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1)

Yes irritating that its taken so long but you're right at the front of the queue and if you look behind you its a long long queue! New orders are currently looking at Feb 2023 - May 2023 delivery! Chin up, you're almost there
Thanks very much for the info. How many is a number of others? Only 10 since yesterday? At that rate they'll be issuing VINs for the next 20 years! I would hope for much more. Also never tell a cranky lady to chin up. 😜

Quiet day for M3 VINs today - only added @MonsterRat who probably got the notification yesterday.

#UsernameOrder DateModelExteriorInteriorVIN Date
1​
MadFruit28/11/2021M3 LRBlackWhite28/06/2022
2​
o'leary2/12/2021M3 LR??28/06/2022
3​
Abraxas3/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
4​
PipPup3/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
5​
ShireSparkles4/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
6​
Wombat_T13/01/2022M3 RWDWhiteWhite28/06/2022
7​
mjs202215/01/2022M3 RWDWhiteBlack28/06/2022
8​
tubbyx716/01/2022M3 RWDRedWhite28/06/2022
9​
m3melb16/01/2022M3 RWDBlackBlack28/06/2022
10​
MonsterRat17/01/2022M3 RWDWhiteWhite29/06/2022

Hopefully we can see Model 3 VIN allocations tomorrow.
If that is the case, I am predicting that for Long Range, they might try clear out either all of December or all of December and half of January for tomorrow.

Thanks very much for the info. How many is a number of others? Only 10 since yesterday? At that rate they'll be issuing VINs for the next 20 years! I would hope for much more. Also never tell a cranky lady to chin up. 😜

Ok. But we have dates. We'd have further out dates if they'd have advanced further. Anway not going to argue about my feelings on this. I'm cranky. My skepticism is warranted. And they need to do better. Is this one of those Tesla chats where Tesla can do no wrong?