Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I managed to lock in my interest rate to 3.99% this week (started the formal process before they increased rates). It's a plan B as I think the new Labor government EV policy with FBT exemption for EV's will make a Novated lease more worth it for me, however I know my leasing company that I have to go through charge rediculous broker and finance establishment fees for something like a 10% interest rate.

Still - all payments being pretax will probably still make it worth it..

Reactions: Brando_o
I understand you may have been waiting patiently but unfortunately, your order date of 2/2 is far from the front of the queue for a performance. I Oder a P on the 21/12 and there appears to be many in front of me. I think Q4 appears to be more likely, so just on 12 months, compared to 12 weeks, upon placing order. Good luck
My P ordered on 20/12 with 8 weeks delivery… still waiting

I was locked in at 2.99% with Macquarie but my loan approval period expires in August for the second time and apparently it'll then be fixed at the current advertised rate (4.99% but it's looking like that may go up further). I've increased my mortgage by the cost of the car so I can use that if the rate is better when it finally comes time to pay.

I managed to lock in my interest rate to 3.99% this week (started the formal process before they increased rates). It's a plan B as I think the new Labor government EV policy with FBT exemption for EV's will make a Novated lease more worth it for me, however I know my leasing company that I have to go through charge rediculous broker and finance establishment fees for something like a 10% interest rate.

Still - all payments being pretax will probably still make it worth it..
I'm tracking the FBT issue closely as well. What leasing company would you use out of interest? My employer uses smart salary. The potential savings through FBT exemption are substantial - in the order of 8-10k p.a. for a M3. This could actually be a silver lining to the delay.

A key point here though is that although the policy is due to start on 1 July 2022, it has not been legislated as the new govt haven't sat yet. I assume this means it'll be retrospective to 1 July when it does become law, who knows how this would work. At this stage It's just an announcement. It would be a bold move to sign up to an expensive novated lease based on a promise from a politician in an election campaign!

Reactions: Maximillan
I have no idea why that link pasted as "are you a robot". Anyway:

"The electric-car maker will halt most production on its Model Y assembly line in Shanghai for the first two weeks of July, then stop the Model 3 line for a 20-day stretch starting July 18, Bloomberg reported last month. Upgrade work at the factory to boost output of both vehicles is expected to be completed by early August, people familiar with the matter said."

I'm tracking the FBT issue closely as well. What leasing company would you use out of interest? My employer uses smart salary. The potential savings through FBT exemption are substantial - in the order of 8-10k p.a. for a M3. This could actually be a silver lining to the delay.
It’s weird because I asked for a novated lease quote with the company my work uses, they had no idea about this.

The quote they sent me was rubbish too, impossible to compare with a normal loan, they do everything they can to hide things

It’s weird because I asked for a novated lease quote with the company my work uses, they had no idea about this.

The quote they sent me was rubbish too, impossible to compare with a normal loan, they do everything they can to hide things
yeah I'm highly suspicious of the novated lease - this sounds typical and makes comparing apples v. apples difficult. Strange that the company wouldn't know about a policy that is likely to impact them significantly?! I've got a phone consult today, planning to get a detailed quote and take it for some professional advice.

I got burned by one about 10 years ago which is why I wasn't initially considering it. Total FBT exemption has me interested again though.