Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is seems very odd. I‘ve been checking the facebook groups and no one I’ve seen is piping up with VINs today. Wondering if these 2 might be cancelled orders from the previous allocation?
Could be. Lots of possible explanations.

Thats why I record the data as is and try to figure out what it means later.
I don't question that Magicjai and Garylovesbeer got VINs/notifications today.

What it means... who knows 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: pssturges
Because there’s no guarantee they are continuing RHD production post shutdown. VIN’s appearing post shutdown “may” confirm that they have.
Your use of quotes answers the question on whether it's newsworthy.

There's a lot of stress and frustration already in this thread. It's best just to stick to the facts and what has been learnt about how Tesla operates from past experience.

If one of the new VINs today gets an invoice that shows a build date beyond July 2, that's newsworthy.

• Helpful
Reactions: Broony and Ormaus
Yes different production line that is it. How would you feel if you ordered a M3 in December, 8 to 12 week EDD. Missed FY22 Q3 delivery, missed FY22Q4, new EDD of late FY23 Q1 or FY23 Q2. Then Tesla advises orders for MY starting in June, to be fulfilled in August. People start to get VIN's 1 month after ordering. M3 orders that are well past original EDD still don't have anything. So yes unrelated in terms of production, but rather than advising M3 customers why they are delayed they have just introduced a new model that you can get quick.
I would have liked to see Tesla give existing M3 customers the option of transferring their reservation (and reservation fee) to a Model Y order, if they wanted to. Aside from giving them a choice, it might also have reduced the M3 waitlist

I'm just going to extend my lease by six months and just forget about the entire thing.

Back in Feb finance was 2.99% which would have expired by now so majority are on 3.99% waiting on cars. These will most likely expire in August some time so bring on 4.99%. There will be mass cancellations if people budgeted for 2.99% I can tell you that right now.

Reactions: Greyalset
Looking at the queues makes me think about my life choices.

If I'd ordered a RWD I'd be 4 order days away from assignment, instead as an LR I'm 51 order days away.
Having said that I look behind me in the queue to find out I'm 51 order days out of 214 order days and its only getting longer.

But as some have said one day the car will be here and I probably wont even remember the wait.

Reactions: moa999
The funny part is Tesla offered me $36,000 for my current car as trade in.
By the time my M3LR is ready my current car will be worth half that amount.
I wouldn’t think so. You seen used car prices in Australia recently? Lol. Though I do sympathise. Trying to “time” my order of a M3 RWD to somewhat coincide with my full time work retirement in July next year. My super will be paying a little of the price of the car so I don’t want it TOO early!! But it’s going to be a crap shoot!!

Sharing 70% of parts same group of admin as well as logistics, warehousing and delivery staff? Unrelated?
Yes but there's no evidence that any of those things are causing the issues. There are plenty of M3s being produced and shipped to other markets. The issue is very few are being directed to our market. I doubt shipping or anything else is the constraint, just not getting prioritised.