Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yappiee checked afternoon today ...can confirm the Vin in the source Code ....delivery status changed to .... between August 16-26
Finally husshhhh...
M3 RWD/ Midnight silver- black interior/ ODD - 19/01/2022
EDD- August 16-22
VIN- in account page 10/7/2022
Melbourne
This is the kinda thing I do not understand, and is really pissing me off (no offence to @amudholkar)... my order was nearly two months prior, I got my VIN nearly two weeks ago, we're both in Melbourne, but my EDD had just been pushed back to longer than yours. Was 8th to 18th, now 19th to 2nd. It doesn't make any sense; to match those EDD they'll have to be on the same ship, or they're preparing me to be bumped again. If not, why do I get to wait longer still!

I'm still looking forward to getting my car, and I'll love it when I have it, but when it comes to my next car, I don't see Tesla getting a look in.

Reactions: coref1
This is the kinda thing I do not understand, and is really pissing me off (no offence to @amudholkar)... my order was nearly two months prior, I got my VIN nearly two weeks ago, we're both in Melbourne, but my EDD had just been pushed back to longer than yours. Was 8th to 18th, now 19th to 2nd. It doesn't make any sense; to match those EDD they'll have to be on the same ship, or they're preparing me to be bumped again. If not, why do I get to wait longer still!

I'm still looking forward to getting my car, and I'll love it when I have it, but when it comes to my next car, I don't see Tesla getting a look in.
Out of interest - do you know of any other car manufacturer (for EV models in particular) that does this better?

Reactions: Cammo

If you got a VIN at least you have a car on the way. There is a lot of anxiety with people that don't even have a VIN yet and whether they will make this quarter.

Last edited:

If it's any consolation, the UK orders' EDDs were jumping all over the place after VIN assignment, before they all settled on 3-4 day window in June. As in June, then September, then June, then November, then June again etc etc

Reactions: MadFruit
I feel like everyone disregarding Polestar is akin to everyone laughing off Qanon lunatics being a threat until they were in the Capitol building about to slaughter politicians.

Have you seen their new ads? Schmick as hell. Way bigger mainstream appeal.
Wait, Polestar's ads or Qanon's ads?
If slaughtering politicians is getting more mainstream appeal then we're about to live in interesting times.

Ha ha. I have a colleague at work who ordered a Polestar and nothing but issues with the order and delivery process. She switched from a Tesla order to Polestar because she was told a car in the spec she wanted was available now. Long story short, they stufferd her around massively and it took 3 months and she ended up getting several thousand dollars back in compensation.

Ha ha. I have a colleague at work who ordered a Polestar and nothing but issues with the order and delivery process. She switched from a Tesla order to Polestar because she was told a car in the spec she wanted was available now. Long story short, they stufferd her around massively and it took 3 months and she ended up getting several thousand dollars back in compensation.
Same.

Was that back in feb when they had a small amount of stock in Australia?

Not to mention Polestars are far less appealing cars overall, especially in looks and performance department IMO
I reckon Polestars look better. Subjective argument though. But yep, Tesla has better performance for the price. But i also think Tesla has cheaper build quality, particularly the interior.

Performance in terms of their cars i mean. The company? Ehhhhhh. Not the best experience

You should tell her that shouldn't have pulled out because Elon never does (except of course when it comes to buying twitter and look how that's going to turn out for him). ;)

Reactions: DrewBytes

Was your order also a RWD/ Midnight silver- black interior?