Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i am uber nerding in the source code and all the order page wordings are actually all there for all circumstances as templates.

So i don't think it's a "new wording". I think it's related to where your order is up to and a variable sets it.

The old one ("based on order date, profile submission, delivery location" yadda yadda) is still in the code as the "defaultDateTime" message.

The new one ("update based on configuration availability" yadda yadda) is there as "estimatedDeliveryTiming".

There's also:

"EstimatedDeliveryDates" consisting of ##date1## and ##date2##.

"estimatedDeliveryTBD": self explanatory.

"estimatedDeliveryTimingBlank": "Delivery timing will be available soon".

"estimatedDeliveryTimingWithVin": "We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon"

"estimatedDeliveryWeeksFromOrderPlaced": "##date1## and ##date2## from Order placed date". Our old friend for most of the year.

"notifyArrived": "We will notify you when your car has arrived at your delivery location"

And a few others but i am sick of typing this now and you likely take my point.
Are u in IT hoopyfrood?

I looked at a EV6 in the flesh yesterday, and geez its a lot bigger than expected. Such a nice looking car, super comfy too. But the wait times and price are crazy expensive.
Actually my whole life i have seen concept cars vs the mundane mass market version and thought "whyyyyyy won't you release them! At least some design elements!". Now they kind of are and i'm here for it.

Reactions: New Tech Bj
I’ve been doing web development for over 2 decades. The approach Tesla web devs take, to including words used on their site as variables, is not unusual for an operation where different words would be necessary for different regions.

A web developer changing the words embedded in HTML vs a backend system defining the words used, is most certainly nothing to really get excited about. Given different jurisdictions would have vastly different systems for car registrations, consumer law, etc. it would be nuts for the site to be “hard coded”

So will that be deducted from the total you owe?
I believe so.

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 10.05.10 am.png

I’ve been doing web development for over 2 decades. The approach Tesla web devs take, to including words used on their site as variables, is not unusual for an operation where different words would be necessary for different regions.

A web developer changing the words embedded in HTML vs a backend system defining the words used, is most certainly nothing to really get excited about. Given different jurisdictions would have vastly different systems for car registrations, consumer law, etc. it would be nuts for the site to be “hard coded”
Yeah i agree it proves nothing without comparing to a couple of weeks ago. But the old words still being there and the latest release being 7th July indicates they anticipate the need for them later down the track or use them in some other capacity.

I doubt a system so massive would be cool with leaving defunct values in there as a dumping ground. Plus there are only about 10 of them there (none of them being the US wording) and they each have a very specific use, which further backs up they are there for a reason.

But that reason could be compatibility or them not being sure all instances have been replaced, sure.

So it may not be a global replacement of words is all. Just another one of the pre-defined templates.

Yeah i agree it proves nothing without comparing to a couple of weeks ago. But the old words still being there and the latest release being 7th July indicates they anticipate the need for them later down the track or use them in some other capacity.

I doubt a system so massive would be cool with leaving defunct values in there as a dumping ground. Plus there are only about 10 of them there (none of them being the US wording) and they each have a very specific use, which further backs up they are there for a reason.

But that reason could be compatibility or them not being sure all instances have been replaced, sure.

So it may not be a global replacement of words is all. Just another one of the pre-defined templates.
Take a copy of the current source code?

Then you could compare future iterations to that copy.

Reactions: Hoopyfrood