Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the kinda thing I do not understand, and is really pissing me off (no offence to @amudholkar)... my order was nearly two months prior, I got my VIN nearly two weeks ago, we're both in Melbourne, but my EDD had just been pushed back to longer than yours. Was 8th to 18th, now 19th to 2nd. It doesn't make any sense; to match those EDD they'll have to be on the same ship, or they're preparing me to be bumped again. If not, why do I get to wait longer still!

I'm still looking forward to getting my car, and I'll love it when I have it, but when it comes to my next car, I don't see Tesla getting a look in.
Why are you getting mad about something which not in Ur control , also they are called estimates for a reason they swing back and forth all the time, they are just based previous predictions

So you never know when you get the car until you get one. There are all sort of probabilities until you get the handover. So just njoy the movement that you have a Vin and car made for you

Reactions: furiouss and Lerxt
Hello waiting room 👋🏼 Been watching and learning (not in a creepy way) ,in fact it is just about my new favourite pass time!! I ordered my M3P white/white 17/03. I have a question if I add the $5000 drive assist upgrade will it delay my order? Can it be paid for with no VIN and car?

So i am uber nerding in the source code and all the order page wordings are actually all there for all circumstances as templates.

So i don't think it's a "new wording". I think it's related to where your order is up to and a variable sets it.

The old one ("based on order date, profile submission, delivery location" yadda yadda) is still in the code as the "defaultDateTime" message.

The new one ("update based on configuration availability" yadda yadda) is there as "estimatedDeliveryTiming".

There's also:

"EstimatedDeliveryDates" consisting of ##date1## and ##date2##.

"estimatedDeliveryTBD": self explanatory.

"estimatedDeliveryTimingBlank": "Delivery timing will be available soon".

"estimatedDeliveryTimingWithVin": "We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon"

"estimatedDeliveryWeeksFromOrderPlaced": "##date1## and ##date2## from Order placed date". Our old friend for most of the year.

"notifyArrived": "We will notify you when your car has arrived at your delivery location"

And a few others but i am sick of typing this now and you likely take my point.

Last edited:
Hello waiting room 👋🏼 Been watching and learning (not in a creepy way) ,in fact it is just about my new favourite pass time!! I ordered my M3P white/white 17/03. I have a question if I add the $5000 drive assist upgrade will it delay my order? Can it be paid for with no VIN and car?
No as it doesnt affect it as it is software upgrades and can be done after taking delivery

Hey @Hoopyfrood I am starting to think (actually maybe completely convinced) that you need things to focus deeply on.
Perhaps you could start a series of “where we can go for fun in our Teslas on a single charge” series…

Making this suggestion with no criticism, just as one human caring for another who appears to need much to investigate/ponder over 😆

Reactions: DM221291
Hey @Hoopyfrood I am starting to think (actually maybe completely convinced) that you need things to focus deeply on.
Perhaps you could start a series of “where we can go for fun in our Teslas on a single charge” series…

Making this suggestion with no criticism, just as one human caring for another who appears to need much to investigate/ponder over 😆
Haha! I do enjoy an investigate. This much is true.

That's actually a good feature or app idea. "Tastiest food in your single charge radius". "Weirdest thing in your single charge radius". Etc.

I looked at a EV6 in the flesh yesterday, and geez its a lot bigger than expected. Such a nice looking car, super comfy too. But the wait times and price are crazy expensive.
Haven't seen one in the flesh yet! It's one of those designs that grows on me each time i see it. Same with Ioniq 5 actually. First time i saw it, i was all "Don't like those side panels" but now i love it. I guess that's an artefact of having a design that is truly innovative and new.

Reactions: New Tech Bj
I looked at a EV6 in the flesh yesterday, and geez its a lot bigger than expected. Such a nice looking car, super comfy too. But the wait times and price are crazy expensive.
I was very keen on the EV6 pre Tesla order, but was concerned about size, and wait times were horrible. Was followed by one recently, and saw another today, and agree, a bit too big (for me). Like the styling tho…

Reactions: Hoopyfrood