Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two different values. The Luxury Car Tax for fuel efficient vehicles ($84,916) is the upper limit for FBT exemption under the Government's proposed EV policy.

The Car Limit ($64,741) is the upper limit that employers can claim tax benefits as part of a lease agreement. Some employers with their lease agreements permit this as long as the employee covers the additional tax the employer has to pay. I have a lease quote for a M3LR, there's a ~$100/month additional levy in the quote to cover this.
Thanks for clarifying. I wish I knew that a month ago before putting in my order. I would have asked my employer if I could pay the additional piece to cover the tax component.

My optimistic thoughts are aligned to others in here. The Perth orders were assigned early to allow the connecting water based shipping to be arranged. As per previous shipments, the East Coast orders will be assigned between now and port in Brisbane. Look back to the last boat with assignments and they occurred when the ship was moored off the Sunshine Coast. I for one look forward to driving around in our new car come end of August
Ive been pretty optimistic all the way through this process but if that was the case then Perth RWD's, of which I am one myself, would have been allocated their VIN's too but we have had nothing.

Im pretty pissed that me and my mate test drove together and ordered our cars on the same day and on the advice of the sales advisor who said there was "no chance" I would see a LR before a RWD I ordered the RWD yet here we are, he has his VIN and I have nothing.

Last edited:
Ive been pretty optimistic all the way through this process but if that was the case then Perth RWD's, of which I am one myself, would have been allocated their VIN's too but we have had nothing.

Im pretty pissed that me and my mate test drove together and ordered our cars on the same day and on the advice of the sales advisor who said there was "no chance" I would see a LR before a RWD I ordered the RWD yet here we are, he has his VIN and I have nothing.
Don't be, one thing I learnt from sitting here and waiting is that Telsa is never about fairness. It is whatever they feel is convenient to them. Sometimes it appears pretty fair because the policy aligns with their interests.

Reactions: New Tech Bj
My optimistic thoughts are aligned to others in here. The Perth orders were assigned early to allow the connecting water based shipping to be arranged. As per previous shipments, the East Coast orders will be assigned between now and port in Brisbane. Look back to the last boat with assignments and they occurred when the ship was moored off the Sunshine Coast. I for one look forward to driving around in our new car come end of August
It's a nice theory hahah and love the optimism - but if that were the case I'd have my VIN by now as I'm a Perth order :(

Exactly the same as me re: RWD vs LR choice :(

Some interesting stats on those in the VIN allocated table: (Also in a boring meeting)

Internal Colour
External ColourBlackWhiteGrand Total
Black
2.33%​
4.65%​
6.98%​
Blue
9.30%​
2.33%​
11.63%​
Midnight Silver
18.60%​
2.33%​
20.93%​
Red
6.98%​
2.33%​
9.30%​
White
34.88%​
16.28%​
51.16%​
Grand Total
72.09%​
27.91%​
100.00%​
They are some interesting numbers. Black surprised me the most and white didn't at all :D

Reactions: Ormaus
If there aren't any additional VIN assignments on the Morning Clara let's not forget the Viking Passama is en route to Shanghai and due to depart early next week. Hopefully if they haven't already they're whipping some RHD model 3's out over the next few days.
Fingers crossed, suppose if we follow the Morning Clara shipment then VIN's for Perth orders would be allocated for the Viking Passama this coming Sunday

If there aren't any additional VIN assignments on the Morning Clara let's not forget the Viking Passama is en route to Shanghai and due to depart early next week. Hopefully if they haven't already they're whipping some RHD model 3's out over the next few days.
Good thought, bearing in mind there's a 3 week shutdown on the M3 line from next Monday... let's hope they give the RHDs a go!
I'm in Melbourne too and 1 week after you!