Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's likely you would lose more than gain more, eg., removal of USB data in console, lumbar support, dedicated graphics card etc.
Why? From all reports Ryzen is much better and much quicker than the old Intel processor, so hopefully we get Ryzen.
EDIT: Just did a bit of research and they are now coming with Ryzen, that's good.

As for other features, surely Tesla will only improve the car with time, not make it worse. That makes zero sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrewBytes
Why? From all reports Ryzen is much better and much quicker than the old Intel processor, so hopefully we get Ryzen.

As for other features, surely Tesla will only improve the car with time, not make it worse. That makes zero sense.
Was just talking about the trend of this year.

Tesla added Ryzen CPU, and rear heated seats, automatic trunk as improvements last November and this is the "so-called" 2022 model 3.

Since then it has removed
  • Radar
  • USB data from console ports
  • lumbar support
  • dedicated graphics
  • data cable from console ports
  • OBD power supply
  • mobile charger
  • Lots of games that require a gamepad
If there's no 2023 face-lifted model 3 then it's highly likely when your car is delivered it has less functionality than what Tesla offers in January 2022.

1657844251109.gif

*Actual footage of me during Q1, Q2 and Q3*

Was just talking about the trend of this year.

Tesla added Ryzen CPU, and rear heated seats, automatic trunk as improvements last November and this is the "so-called" 2022 model 3.

Since then it has removed
  • Radar
  • USB data from console ports
  • lumbar support
  • dedicated graphics
  • data cable from console ports
  • OBD power supply
  • mobile charger
  • Lots of games that require a gamepad
If there's no 2023 face-lifted model 3 then it's highly likely when your car is delivered it has less functionality than what Tesla offers in January 2022.
Ryzen CPU, rear heated seats and automatic trunk are bigger and better changes compared to the second list above. I'd take bigger changes like that if smaller insignificant things are taken away.

I strongly disagree with your last sentence and would be gobsmacked if 2023 models are less equipped than 2022 models...just won't happen.

Reactions: moa999
I just received an email from Tesla saying I can now upgrade to enhanced autopilot.. I find this rather amusing considering I don't yet have a car to actually basic autopilot, let alone have it enhanced!

But, just in case, I did log into the app and then the webpage and noticed that my disappointment is still living well.. :(
same lol. Held my breath a little..

Reactions: dogstarlady