Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Invoice date means nothing in regard to your loan application.
They don’t start the loan, ie “settle it” until the car is ready for pickup. If the interest rate goes up before then, it’s tough luck
According to Tesla and Macquarie, they are able to start the loan at the fixed interest rate when the VIN is allocated and invoice is generated and provided to Macquarie

According to Tesla and Macquarie, they are able to start the loan at the fixed interest rate when the VIN is allocated and invoice is generated and provided to Macquarie
That's interesting to know.

My finance (with Macquarie) expired after the 2nd extension on the 17th of this month (i.e. 2 days ago). I got my invoice on the 18th...

Sent the invoice through to my contact at Macquarie and got the out of office reply. If I have missed the 2.99% and it's jumping to 4.99%, it's going to be cheaper for me to pull some extra out of the Mortgage and forgo the loan altogether.

For those who have ordered a M3 in what appears to be less popular colour combination (black or red exterior with white interior), did you find you got your order sooner than you expected (as there is a lack of these combinations and hence delivery occurred soon), or, did you find it took longer (as Tesla don't make as many in that colour combination)?
Black with White M3 RWD. Looks like I got my order about the time in relation to the order dates of others. Ordered 28/1 - VIN - 17/7

Reactions: K009
mmexport1658205116872.jpg

I got this from Social media and translates using WeChat translate. There are inaccuracies like "Mega-Factory" but it did also highlight the workers are on leaves for the first half of July.

Anyway it's interesting to have a read.

Yep , it’s all completed but this was back in Feb. probably need to ask my SA what the process is to get it refreshed. Hopefully doesn’t drop I’ve added a lot of kms ..
I didn’t drive the trade-in at first and my SA said drive it. So I did and added 8,000k and got the same offer so I’m happy with that. Otherwise I would have first complained that it‘s their fault and then sold privately.

Reactions: fobo and tubbyx7
I am following delivery statistics from Xiaote.com (A Chinese Tesla Community). Note: there's a distinction between VIN allocation and delivery. In the Chinese domestic market, the gap between the VIN date and delivery date is much smaller but there's still a gap.
Someone in xiaote.com did mention M3 production downtime from today through to the latter part of the month. Not an official statement though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-125213_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220719-125213_Chrome.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 34
OK, so usual caveats regarding info from SA’s, but just spoke to mine and he is confident more vins will be allocated in the next week or so. No idea what info that is based on, but he seemed confident🤷‍♂️
QUICK! let’s all blindly believe him and start ordering more accessories with express shipping!

But low key, hope he’s right.