Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's interesting to know.

My finance (with Macquarie) expired after the 2nd extension on the 17th of this month (i.e. 2 days ago). I got my invoice on the 18th...

Sent the invoice through to my contact at Macquarie and got the out of office reply. If I have missed the 2.99% and it's jumping to 4.99%, it's going to be cheaper for me to pull some extra out of the Mortgage and forgo the loan altogether.
Hopefully, you should be able to squeeze it in. Our Macquarie rep said they can be flexible if it is a couple of days over.

Reactions: CompleteMuppit
OK, so usual caveats regarding info from SA’s, but just spoke to mine and he is confident more vins will be allocated in the next week or so. No idea what info that is based on, but he seemed confident🤷‍♂️
Fingers crossed for skipping February and jumping straight to March allocations ;)

Or that early March is lumped in with February since Feb is a short month

• Love
Reactions: Robdunc
Fingers crossed for skipping February and jumping straight to March allocations ;)
1658209777258.png

After reading a few prior posts I called my SA to see what's up. He reckons there is still a big chunk of allocations to occur over the next week. I asked him how VIN assignments happen, he replied that it is all automatic as they come off the line. I also asked what the back log is which he only said lots. Anyway, gave me a bit more confidence when he said I should expect a car early September, so lets see how true that rings.

That's interesting to know.

My finance (with Macquarie) expired after the 2nd extension on the 17th of this month (i.e. 2 days ago). I got my invoice on the 18th...

Sent the invoice through to my contact at Macquarie and got the out of office reply. If I have missed the 2.99% and it's jumping to 4.99%, it's going to be cheaper for me to pull some extra out of the Mortgage and forgo the loan altogether.
I am exactly in the same boat. Have the same idea of dipping into my home mortgage and kiss Macquarie Goodbye :D

After reading a few prior posts I called my SA to see what's up. He reckons there is still a big chunk of allocations to occur over the next week. I asked him how VIN assignments happen, he replied that it is all automatic as they come off the line. I also asked what the back log is which he only said lots. Anyway, gave me a bit more confidence when he said I should expect a car early September, so lets see how true that rings.
Either we have the same SA, or they have been given the same info because that sounds very much like the convo I had.

Reactions: illesornayr
Checking this damned group has become an obsession. I have Macquarie on 2.9% until early August but with the impending FBT changes I am now kind of happy for the delay as the benefit of a novated lease looks to good to be true...surely I am missing something in the fine print (apart from the legislation not being introduced/passed yet). It works out better than 0% finance.

Reactions: New Tech Bj
No disrespect to the poster - but power is one area you should NOT take shortcuts in.

You should not try to draw more than 10A from a 10A socket - especially in older homes, which may not have the correct circuit breakers/RCD etc.

The last thing you want to do is overload the circuit while you're away, and come back to a house and car reduced to a pile of ashes. It's not worth it - pay a licenced sparky to come and install the correct breaker, correct GPO, and ensure the thing is up to code.

We're spending 70k+ on these cars, we can surely afford to setup a proper charger/wiring/point that is safe to use and won't put your life/car/house at risk.
This thing has a safety circuit braker in it it will trip if amp was exceeded. A friend of mine has been using this device for over a year with no issues whatsoever.
I just wanted to share it with people here who doesnt want to spend or have no way of installing a proper charger at their house. Thats all. You dont want to use it dont use no one is forcing u .
Its just another accessory to add to your unnecessary accessories collection.

Isn't that contradictory? A big chunk to happen over the next week yet allocations happen as they come off the line and the line is supposedly shut down at the moment..