Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i have a genuine question about premium connectivity. ( I will use this feature so I’m not kicking it to much)

How come when i can connect my phone via bluetooth that maps, Spotify (Providing you have an account), Netflix, YouTube etc work as if you pay that extra $10 a month? I mean my phone can provide that connectivity.
Just skip the time on opening personal hotspot and connect wifi from screen, jump into car and go. sometimes hotspot will drop and phone will be overheating during data sharing. if you charging your phone via wireless charging and hotspot, phone will be extremely hot. for me, it can make everything easy and ready to go. it is annoying if i have to set up everything every time jump into car.

My understanding is that they can fund the loan the second the final invoice is in your account. They can access a Tesla portal and retrieve it. At that point a car exists that is alloted to you and you have been billed for it, everything else is just geography
Macquarie just gave me a call - loans been settled with tesla today, countdown game begins 🥳🥳

How come when i can connect my phone via bluetooth that maps, Spotify (Providing you have an account), Netflix, YouTube etc work as if you pay that extra $10 a month? I mean my phone can provide that connectivity.
The $10 is covering the additional mobile data used by those entertainment options, as well as whatever they're paying Spotify for the car-linked accounts, Google for the satellite view map tiles and whichever provider is supplying the live traffic data. So if you use your phone hotspot, the services that just need additional data work (like Netflix, Spotify with your own account, etc) and the ones that Tesla still has to pay for (like the satellite view map) don't.

The $10 is covering the additional mobile data used by those entertainment options, as well as whatever they're paying Spotify for the car-linked accounts, Google for the satellite view map tiles and whichever provider is supplying the live traffic data. So if you use your phone hotspot, the services that just need additional data work (like Netflix, Spotify with your own account, etc) and the ones that Tesla still has to pay for (like the satellite view map) don't.
So if you pay the $10 for Premium Connectivity, it comes with a "premium" Spotify account? I'm reading some conflicting information that says a Spotify Premium account is still needed even with Tesla's Premium Connectivity.

Tesla will end standard connectivity after 8 years on new car purchases after July 20th 2022, it’s no longer lifetime..

So if you pay the $10 for Premium Connectivity, it comes with a "premium" Spotify account? I'm reading some conflicting information that says a Spotify Premium account is still needed even with Tesla's Premium Connectivity.
From what I'm led to believe, you get a free account with the premium subscription in Australia. The car just connects and you don't need to log in. You can however also log in using your own personal account if you wish so that playlists and history follow you between your car and other devices etc. Happy to be corrected but this is my experience from hiring a model 3 over a long weekend and other info I've read.

From what I'm led to believe, you get a free account with the premium subscription in Australia. The car just connects and you don't need to log in. You can however also log in using your own personal account if you wish so that playlists and history follow you between your car and other devices etc. Happy to be corrected but this is my experience from hiring a model 3 over a long weekend and other info I've read.
Can you use the Tesla premium spotify account on other devices eg iPhone and Amazon FireStick TV?

It comes with an ad-free Spotify account that is linked to the car and only works in the car. Presumably Tesla is charged less for this than the cost of a full premium Spotify account.

You activate this account in the car the first time by tapping on a link that creates the car account.

Reactions: Trick and Blaq
Question: Does anyone know if aGen 3 Wall mount charger can be mounted outside in the open and withstand Melbourne winter rain and summer heat?
Specifications have it rated IP 55 which means-
What is an IP55 rated product?
The product is fully protected against solid objects and splashing of water from any angle. An IP55 rated product is protected against dust ingress that could be harmful for the normal operation of the product but is not fully dust tight. It is protected against solid objects and water jets projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) from any directions.

However the main consideration is WIFI ... so NOT on the tree down the front paddock or on the back gatepost. If your getting 32amp supply to it needs 6mm cable if over 25m as is the case for me.

Reactions: RobM3MY