Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long-time reader, first time commenting! I've ordered a M3 LR with a build date of 14/07 and an EDD of Aug 22-31 on the Gold Coast. I'm wondering, are cars delivered to Brisbane/GC from Port Kembla still, or are they delivered directly to the port of Brisbane? I think my car would've been on Viking Passama... not sure though. Still haven't received any word on an exact delivery date and not sure when to expect one!

VicPorts website is showing Viking Passama scheduled to arrive in Melb Saturday (13-Aug) at 04:30. I really hope mine is on there and near the front of the offloading ramp. I'm going overseas 10 days after the end of my EDD range.

Long-time reader, first time commenting! I've ordered a M3 LR with a build date of 14/07 and an EDD of Aug 22-31 on the Gold Coast. I'm wondering, are cars delivered to Brisbane/GC from Port Kembla still, or are they delivered directly to the port of Brisbane? I think my car would've been on Viking Passama... not sure though. Still haven't received any word on an exact delivery date and not sure when to expect one!
For the latest couple of boats, QLD, NSW and ACT cars are taken off at Port Kembla (no change) but all other states are being offloaded at Melbourne.

Wait are you saying the WA cars were offloaded in Melbourne to be trucked to Perth or that they were offloaded there so they could be loaded onto the Thermopylae? I'm no expert but trucking cars across the Nullarbor does not sound as safe/cost effective as shipping.
Same frustration with ships carry Tesla destined for QLD buyers docking in Brisbane,, yet carrying our cars to Sydney before road freighting back to QLD.
I'm sure there a reason, but still seems a bit *&^%ed to me

Same frustration with ships carry Tesla destined for QLD buyers docking in Brisbane,, yet carrying our cars to Sydney before road freighting back to QLD.
I'm sure there a reason, but still seems a bit *&^%ed to me
Same!

The last 2 ships I've watched have had to anchor off the Sunshine Coast for 3-4 days before heading into port to unload a few cars (in both cases the draught only decreased by a very minor fraction) and then head down to Sydney.

Someone is unloading vehicles in Brisbane direct from China, so we can obviously handle the customs / import stuff locally. Surely Tesla would save money by doing the same thing locally. It would also surely decrease shipping costs (since they don't have to carry the additional weight down to Sydney and then truck it all back to Brisbane) and speed up delivery times.

Perhaps as the sales numbers increase, we'll see them do the same thing they're now apparently doing in Port of Melbourne (i.e. offloading cars closer to the delivery destinations)

Interesting BreeL: same build date for my LR but EDD 24/8-2/9 for Canberra. They "should" both be on the same boat? probs V Passama, and yet surely delivery from Port Kembla to Cbr would be faster than to Brisbane. As some wise heads here have noted, the EDD are pretty random.