Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's a thought ... The VIN allocations recently are LR and P (as we know) and not many (hardly any) RWD. What motor is used in the RWD compared to the LR & P models? Is there a supply issue at the plant with motors for the RWD? Or am I overthinking this a bit?
There are 6 possibly 7 Tesla shipments coming over this quarter, some of them containing LR orders from 2021. I think you're overthinking it.

Reactions: DM221291 and Ormaus
Logged in specifically to agree with you Zigman but also to tell you that, NO, you're not going to get Ormaus' kitty - I've already got dibs on her/him. (😂)
Maybe we can take it in turns. You first in Sydney and then me down here in Melbourne. We might even join kitty up with QFFF and fly him/her around the country. Sort of a Grand Kitty Kat Australian Tour (we could even do merch like t-shirts).

Are there instances where delivery SMSs are sent with a available pickup timeslots within less than 7 days?

In other words, if I haven't received the SMS and booked a time yet, is there any chance I could pick up the car this week? Need to make a decision on whether to travel for work this week, or next. Argh. Seems like plenty of other LRs being delivered in Canberra this week.

EDD 13/8 - 27/8. Pre-SMS received 10/8. Canberra
I got an SMS on Thursday and the available slots to pick were Tuesday (3 times) and Wednesday (3 times). So all within 7 days after SMS about delivery please use (link) to schedule.

Reactions: Capital_Electron
Maybe we can take it in turns. You first in Sydney and then me down here in Melbourne. We might even join kitty up with QFFF and fly him/her around the country. Sort of a Grand Kitty Kat Australian Tour (we could even do merch like t-shirts).
Kitty #2 doesnt approve

1660461309929.png

He's out of the cone of shame now.

For FSD it has to be perfect. My SA lent me a RWD for an overnight test drive and for 20mins it was perfect, until it ran through a stop sign and 30mins later tried to do a right turn when there was a no right turn sign. So no it's not ready by any stretch, for city streets much less total autonomy.
You’re correct. At this stage FSD is better in the US. For Australia at this point in time, it should only be used on the highways not city streets but down the track it will improve and especially when they have BETA in Australia.

Reactions: Missimpatient