Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I happened to be refreshing the api link and I noticed that the length of the URL had changed. That’s when I noticed the VIN had appeared. So, I didn’t have to accept the Tesla Vision change, even though that page was most likely open in another tab.
The EDD for me will be blank as I’ll be having my car trucked to Wagga.
Can you get onto the Wagga council to try and get some more fast chargers in the town. We visit the in-laws there and there's only one 😅

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000
Another questions while we wait for more news on the vin, could someone tell me with usb ports allow data?

I know there’s one on the glove box got tesla cam, but i heard the 2 usb c inside the centre console and the two facing the rear passengers no longer support data. If i want to use a blue tooth receiver (8-bit do) for game controller, where would i place this? Thanks All.
The only data port is the USB A port in the glove box. If you want more than one data device you need a hub.

The USB-C ports are all charge only in current builds. There was aftermarket USB hubs for the centre console on alibaba etc, then Tesla stopped installing the data cable that went to it. Not sure if you can get a cable and install it and then upgrade the centre console module.

Can you get onto the Wagga council to try and get some more fast chargers in the town. We visit the in-laws there and there's only one 😅
…and it’s in a very convenient location. This is why I got the gen3 charger for home. There was also an article (?) somewhere that the council was very excited that the NRMA are putting a second charger in - yeehah!😒
Who knows what this council will do next? With the previous load of elected councillors, there were some absolute muppets - but this seems like the norm for local councils though.

• Informative
Reactions: rtvanda and Ormaus
…and it’s in a very convenient location. This is why I got the gen3 charger for home. There was also an article (?) somewhere that the council was very excited that the NRMA are putting a second charger in - yeehah!😒
Who knows what this council will do next? With the previous load of elected councillors, there were some absolute muppets - but this seems like the norm for local councils though.
You know, I emailed multiple councils about this. All except Wagga were very positive. Just strange that a city of that size has very little. Cooma, what 4-5 thousand people. 4-5 tesla superchargers and 3 chargefox superchargers? Hopefully, Tesla will come to the rescue 👍

App updated with estimated delivery overnight. So full details just incase it helps:

Order: 01 March
Vehicle: M3 LR
Vin through chrome extension: 12 Aug
Invoice: None yet
Estimated delivery: 20Sep-30Sep

Anybody here with the same delivery estimate? I’m surprised the car is still 5-7 week away from delivery with all these ships.

EDD now brought forward by around 2 weeks to 03-17 Sep

Reactions: kingau
You know, I emailed multiple councils about this. All except Wagga were very positive. Just strange that a city of that size has very little. Cooma, what 4-5 thousand people. 4-5 tesla superchargers and 3 chargefox superchargers? Hopefully, Tesla will come to the rescue 👍
Yeah, this town is a little bizarre like that "...something new?! What? How dare you!" I love living here but the reluctance and backwardness is a little shocking at times.
Here's hoping they do but I think Wagga is too close to the Gundagai Super charger - the next obvious spot would be Narrandera and the Mildura for the Adelaide-Sydney trips.

Reactions: Braz
My SA chatswood branch let me once I ordered the car. I had to wait 2 weeks but they lent it to me from 4pm-9am the next day. Needless to say I didn't sleep that night.
Impressive. My SA seemed like he didn't want to know me [us] once we signed up. Over the following months i sent a couple of emails, that took ages to gain a reply. The only real contact with him came when he rang to inform about the delivery delay [ Remember "that" call we all got in about June?]. haven't heard since.

My SA in Perth was happy for me to do an overnight test drive, placing an order was part of the process, think they were happy to refund the order fee if I wasn't going ahead. I wasn't paying mich attention to be honest, it was a take my money scenario, I knew I was ordering.

Overnight absolutely required if you are not used to one pedal driving. Friend if mine did a 20 minute test drive and hated it. Need to be able to get out of the city to properly appreciate it.
I live rural, and do only limited urban driving , so my original "launch mode" test in Brissy, and my limited 20 min drive in Canberra were not adequate to evaluate the car for non-urban driving. I would have loved an opportunity for an over-nighter, or even a chance to drive out of town. That was why I did my test drive in Canberra, because its easier to get a non-urban drive environment; alas, SAs had different idea. They just want to "shut up and take my money".
Private vendor allowed about an hour with his car.

Looks like you could do Townsville to Mt Morgan with a single long stop at QESH Mackay (unless the weather was really against you, and as long as you sit on the speed limit). However two smaller charges (eg Prospine & Carmila as you suggest) is potentially a bit quicker overall because you need to charge right up to 90-95% at Mackay and the charging slows down up that end.

QESH Phase 3 has started construction and opens up a lot of the inland, including Roma.
Proserpine and Carmila are right on the highway too which is a good advantage. Mackay and Bowen are off the highway and in town, good if you want to stop for lunch however.

I doubt that tbh, Australia is a really strict country and they won’t allow it for many years to come. They didn’t allow the Apple Watch to do ecg’s (heart monitoring) in Australia years after it was released in the USA because it could be inaccurate and may have false information according to our doctors. I imagine that our road safety team would be similar.

Also the roads in Australia are different with give way intersections and yeild intersections being different, also programming everything backwards because we drive in the left hand side of the road, this is just scraping the surface

Sorry to destroy your hopes but I imagine Australia will be one of the last countries to accept fsd with how strict we are especially compared to America where they believe in freedom
Bzzzzt go do some homework there.. That specific example was ALL Apples fault, they didn't actually apply to the TGA for approval.. it wasn't until they got around to applying for it, then the TGA approved it (with some legal caveats to it like fitbit and withing wtches that state it's not a standalone monitoring device, please see a doctor if you want the real deal) - similar ass saving legal caveats that FSD has now (don't take hands off wheel, pay attention to the road

FSD is hard enough with the Chuck turn.. Imagine teaching it a Melbourne Hook turn or a stupid Sydney Octopus intersection..

Reactions: Ormaus and rtvanda
Yeah, this town is a little bizarre like that "...something new?! What? How dare you!" I love living here but the reluctance and backwardness is a little shocking at times.
Here's hoping they do but I think Wagga is too close to the Gundagai Super charger - the next obvious spot would be Narrandera and the Mildura for the Adelaide-Sydney trips.
But yet they [as in councils generally] are willing to allow a fuel station on each corner opposite each other :rolleyes:

Reactions: Braz and PcS000