Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So…today is the sixmonthiversary (that’s totally a thing, right?) of placing my order. I wonder if I'll get any good news?

Not a chance, but I'll cross my fingers anyway! 🤣
It's totally is a thing !!!!! especially because it's my sixmonthiversary as well (White/white though). LOL!!!!

I sincerely hope you will get a VIN today ....... because that also mean I might get mine as well :D

Strange. I would touch a Y. Not as nice looking, and no real world advantage to me.
Both good looking cars
IMG_20220814_145230.jpg
IMG_20220814_145239.jpg
IMG_20220814_145302.jpg

Far out QLD is hopeless. We get 3k rebate for a car worth $58,000 including GST. Like are you serious there is barely any cars at that price point. Such a stupid rebate. Its a look at us we are doing something but really we dont give a *sugar*.
Yup....annoying. WA is the same (though we get $3,500 rebate for a car up to $70k). Still, very limited on options that fall within this cap.
I would MUCH rather have my stamp duty refunded.

Reactions: Magnatron
Yup....annoying. WA is the same (though we get $3,500 rebate for a car up to $70k). Still, very limited on options that fall within this cap.
I would MUCH rather have my stamp duty refunded.
As it sounds great but NSW (the NANNY State) has a mobile speed camera on just about every street corner recouping those rebates. Thats where I hoping enhanced Autopilot can gain ground in the technological war of driving around. By the way does Auto pilot or FSD "see" pot-holes !!!

My VIN indicates it is an "S" motor which translates to a 3D7. Shows up as 194kW in Tesla's documentation Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla. Are they achieving different outputs between the Model 3 and Model Y using software?
Could it have been that the original Model Y's which were brough into the country last year for ADR compliance using the older 220kW 3D6 motors and this is what's on the Aus gov records? Who knows with Tesla...
Yep, it's another mystery. I have seen in past that Tesla only talks about the 0-100 figure and hardly ever talks about the motor specs. I think it's due to the fact that they can make the car faster or slower with just a software update.

As it sounds great but NSW (the NANNY State) has a mobile speed camera on just about every street corner recouping those rebates. Thats where I hoping enhanced Autopilot can gain ground in the technological war of driving around. By the way does Auto pilot or FSD "see" pot-holes !!!
Hahaha. We so bad a driving I need eap and fsd to deal with speed cameras and pot holes 😂 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Magnatron