Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way does Auto pilot or FSD "see" pot-holes !!!
I rented a M3LR for a weekend before ordering, and drove from Lake Macquarie to Scone. Plenty of trucks use that road and it was liberally supplied with potholes for testing! Autopilot did not "see" them, and I had to disable it for some sections because the perfectly lane-centred position was aligned with all the bad holes.

Latest info from the Model 3 tracking spreadsheet:
  • Most recent Performance order with a VIN was ordered: 16 March 2022 (VIN received <unknown>)
  • Most recent Long Range order with a VIN was ordered: 15 March 2022 (VIN received 15 Jul 2022)
  • Most recent RWD (or old terminology SR+) with a VIN was ordered: 7 February 2022 (VIN received 15 Aug 2022)
If you're still hanging around in this forum and you've received a VIN - no matter if you've ordered a P, LR, or RWD - please jump on to the Tracker form and submit / update your details. Every little piece of information counts, and sadly we will no longer have the wonderfully valuable efforts of @Ormaus doing all the hard work for us.

Also - if you've ordered more recently, and would like to submit your info so we can continue to get a sense of ordering habits here in Australia, please don't hesitate!

I rented a M3LR for a weekend before ordering, and drove from Lake Macquarie to Scone. Plenty of trucks use that road and it was liberally supplied with potholes for testing! Autopilot did not "see" them, and I had to disable it for some sections because the perfectly lane-centred position was aligned with all the bad holes.
apparently FSD meant to see pot holes at some point according to Musky - but this is in US market where FSD beta is available - not sure if mapping going on also in other markets - likely not but maybe under stealth data collection which Tesla could use all their cars with fsd hw in place

Last edited:
Reactions: Latchr
Latest info from the Model 3 tracking spreadsheet:
  • Most recent Performance order with a VIN was ordered: 16 March 2022 (VIN received <unknown>)
  • Most recent Long Range order with a VIN was ordered: 15 March 2022 (VIN received 15 Jul 2022)
  • Most recent RWD (or old terminology SR+) with a VIN was ordered: 7 February 2022 (VIN received 15 Aug 2022)
If you're still hanging around in this forum and you've received a VIN - no matter if you've ordered a P, LR, or RWD - please jump on to the Tracker form and submit / update your details. Every little piece of information counts, and sadly we will no longer have the wonderfully valuable efforts of @Ormaus doing all the hard work for us.

Also - if you've ordered more recently, and would like to submit your info so we can continue to get a sense of ordering habits here in Australia, please don't hesitate!
So I'm taking it that order date is not definitive - my RWD OD is 6 Feb and I'm still VINless and sad lol.

So I'm taking it that order date is not definitive - my RWD OD is 6 Feb and I'm still VINless and sad lol.
I don't think Tesla's order > manufacture > delivery process is exactly linear. My thoughts are -
  • The manufacture may break down to paint colour or some other factor that influences the manufacturing process
  • There may be some randomness to it with a couple of order days either side buffer
But if I was you I would be hitting the refresh button pretty hard :)

I just came back from tesla parramatta, went to see my SA, he confirmed that some RWD orders from february are being delivered, so i questioned him about why i haven't received my vin yet he said it all depend on configuration availability mine being white and black interior with 19 inch so ill receive my vin when tesla decide to build this combination. And this will work for all other orders. So hang in there and wait because orders are not build by order date instead of whats available in the build batches.
Which kind of sucks but nothing we can do.

I just came back from tesla parramatta, went to see my SA, he confirmed that some RWD orders from february are being delivered, so i questioned him about why i haven't received my vin yet he said it all depend on configuration availability mine being white and black interior with 19 inch so ill receive my vin when tesla decide to build this combination. And this will work for all other orders. So hang in there and wait because orders are not build by order date instead of whats available in the build batches.
Which kind of sucks but nothing we can do.
We surely have the most common build all standard you think they would be pumped out

I can confirm that Tesla payment details have changed as of today.
The total fee is now - $2173 and there is no mention regarding stamp duty.
I wonder if anyone else has noticed that and if getting finance -- the amount to be financed will be less.
Not sure how the Fin. company will address this.

I can confirm that Tesla payment details have changed as of today.
The total fee is now - $2173 and there is no mention regarding stamp duty.
I wonder if anyone else has noticed that and if getting finance -- the amount to be financed will be less.
Not sure how the Fin. company will address this.
They’ll just need a new invoice, Macquarie have access to the Tesla portal so shouldn’t have to do anything