Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s everyone’s strategies for coping with the unknown delay?

I like to listen to EV and Tesla podcasts. Two of my favourites are

(Apologies for the Apple- only links, I’m sure these podcasts exist on the other platforms)

Tesla Daily - focusses on Tesla stock / share price movement, and discussion on macro level items. Shanghai factory often rates a mention for various reasons. But it is also focussed on the US market since, you know, AMERICA.

Fully Charged Show - if you remember the sci fi comedy Red Dwarf, Kryten has become a Tesla and EV fan. The topics often look at general EV stuff, but Tesla is high on the list due to the prevalence and Robert Lewellyn owns one himself
To be honest what helped me was so get away from anything Tesla related, the 8 months actually hasn't felt too bad

I need that restraint. I find myself sitting there on my phone nothing to do and just check my app
Whenever I thought of looking into anything Tesla related I would do something else and it passed from my train of thought to the point I "wasn't" waiting for anything. Therefore the bulk of this waiting period until the last few weeks in preparation for taking delivery tomorrow has been pretty easy. Hope that helps

Reactions: JacksonOD96
I just popped into the Tesla store on my lunch break to double check with the Sales Advisors that I had completed all necessary steps and there was nothing I'd forgotten which had the potential to delay my car. They confirmed that I have completed all steps so far and told me that "You should get your car this year." 🥲
Technically correct (depending on your order date). They tend to be good in that store, don't pretend to know what they don't know, they give it to you straight

Reactions: Missimpatient
Imagine if we could connect the Tesla screen as a second monitor... I'd be working from car a lot, parked in a new location everyday

Something like this?

Almost. This is duplicating the display whereas I was referring to extending the display; using the Tesla display as a second monitor.

If you are running a X11 based system, Linux et al, this should be trivial enough with existing tools.
Take the example here using VNC and xrandr
Now connect via an html5 based vnc client like,
and for bonus points go full screen using the tesla youtube hack. If you find the following video, or create your own with appropriate link in the description,
via the youtube app on the tesla main screen then follow the vnc links to the vnc web app. Youtube runs full screen and any links followed also run full screen, (also works as a proxy to run additional streaming services in full screen), you can then also make the vnc web app fullscreen by selecting the vnc web app fullscreen option.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
If you are running a X11 based system, Linux et al, this should be trivial enough with existing tools.
Take the example here using VNC and xrandr
Now connect via an html5 based vnc client like,
and for bonus points go full screen using the tesla youtube hack. If you find the following video, or create your own with appropriate link in the description,
via the youtube app on the tesla main screen then follow the vnc links to the vnc web app. Youtube runs full screen and any links followed also run full screen, (also works as a proxy to run additional streaming services in full screen), you can then also make the vnc web app fullscreen by selecting the vnc web app fullscreen option.
I wish my work laptop allowed any of this but everything is pretty much locked down. It would be nice to just plug directly into the data port and away I go

Thanks though, will be a great side project with my old personal laptop

Someone got a DD for a LR ordered 23rd March. Come on this is getting a bit ridiculous. They will get April orders before they fill RWD Feb
There is a P VIN for 26th of March.

It's frustrating, but also there are much fewer of them than RWD so the order days will fly past quicker.

If they made 500 RWD in this VIN drop on the week and 500 LR and P orders than the RWD orders would only span a few days (as we saw, we only had 7-8 order days fulfilled) and it could be 1.5 months worth of LR and P orders.

It is annoying to know that if I forked out $30k extra I would have a VIN right now, but I know my car will come at some point. The wait isn't bothering me too much, it's just the uncertainty.

If they made 500 RWD in this VIN drop on the week and 500 LR and P orders than the RWD orders would only span a few days (as we saw, we only had 7-8 order days fulfilled) and it could be 1.5 months worth of LR and P orders.
Yeah, still kinda holding out hope for Q1 orders in the next few days, otherwise they'll just keep slipping further behind. Those who ordered in the last few months will be lucky to see a car in 2024 at this rate!

Whenever I thought of looking into anything Tesla related I would do something else and it passed from my train of thought to the point I "wasn't" waiting for anything. Therefore the bulk of this waiting period until the last few weeks in preparation for taking delivery tomorrow has been pretty easy. Hope that helps
I've had a list of to do stuff to keep me busy :

• Buy Carport (Done!)
  • Build Carport (almost done - end of Aug)
  • Get Electrician to install a new 32A circuit to Carport
    • Order Chargers (Done)
    • Install 2 x Gen 3 Chargers
  • Get Invoice for Car - Send it to Power Company to get Super OffPeak EV rate setup
  • Buy Accessories for a Y and a 3
  • Oh Yeah and EARN MONEY TO PAY FOR ALL THIS $#!T!!

That's how I've been keeping busy 😆

Has anyone received a pickup sms this morning?

Yesterday - my EDD got updated from 24/08 - 05/09 to 18/08 - 01/09

This morning - received the pre-pre-delivery SMS

Just now - booked delivery for next Wednesday morning!

Let's gooo!!! 🥳
Yes Me too Same car and colour and delivery time see you there - dont you be pickin the best one!!!!