Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one who found the word "cuts" in that headline entirely confusing? Has the deal been cut (as in, no longer available) or has the "deal" between the "finance company" and "evie networks" been "cut" (thrashed out)?

The cynic in me thinks this might be an editor's attempt at click-baiting me. And they succeeded.

Am I the only one who found the word "cuts" in that headline entirely confusing? Has the deal been cut (as in, no longer available) or has the "deal" between the "finance company" and "evie networks" been "cut" (thrashed out)?

The cynic in me thinks this might be an editor's attempt at click-baiting me. And they succeeded.
we financed with Pepper Money, and the deal looks OK . . .
Congratulations on your new EV purchase! As part of your Electric Vehicle Loan, we have partnered with Pepper Money to bring you public charging on the Evie charging network. This offer is valid for up to 12 months and caps at 2000 kWh of charging. Evie will notify you as you approach the 12 months or once you reach close to 2000 kWh of charging - whichever comes first.

Now onto the exciting part!​

we financed with Pepper Money, and the deal looks OK . . .
Congratulations on your new EV purchase! As part of your Electric Vehicle Loan, we have partnered with Pepper Money to bring you public charging on the Evie charging network. This offer is valid for up to 12 months and caps at 2000 kWh of charging. Evie will notify you as you approach the 12 months or once you reach close to 2000 kWh of charging - whichever comes first.

Now onto the exciting part!​
Yeah I read the article to see that the headline means the deal is on. I was only confused by the headline and thedriven.io's use of the word "cut"

Just got a call from my Canberra SA, picking up from the shopping centre car park tomorrow (the have their own designated area lol) not the delivery centre for the people asking

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-162558.png
    Screenshot_20220818-162558.png
    2 MB · Views: 54
drove kids to bus stop 3 doors down??
drove back a different way via longreach??
ended up in traffic [not in Longreach] testing regen brakeing??
go off onto local roads [in Longreach] ???
go home ,booted laptop. Turned it off again to go to Longreach for milk???
Actually 7 minutes drive or 40 minute walk away. Still bit cranky as many kids have the bus divert for their pickup. Will try to get the school to put in a bus stop next year that the kids can sensibly walk to.

Not quite Longreach but that direction :D

Not SHAPE milk!

Just got a call from my Canberra SA, picking up from the shopping centre car park tomorrow (the have their own designated area lol) not the delivery centre for the people asking
Feels like the next logical step for Tesla, is to arrange a pickup in the local Maccas carpark :).

I guess a local shopping centre is more convenient to driving to an industrial area somewhere and visiting a warehouse.

Feels like the next logical step for Tesla, is to arrange a pickup in the local Maccas carpark :).

I guess a local shopping centre is more convenient to driving to an industrial area somewhere and visiting a warehouse.
Funnily enough I park at the same carpark everyday so had a look about 30 mins ago. There was at least 20 model 3's and a handful of model Y's ready to go/getting prepared 😱

FYI my timeline/observations

White/BLK SYD RWD (Alexandria)
23 Jan order date (14-20 weeks)
17 July status updated with EDD Aug 26 to Sep 5
13 August - Euphony Ace docked
15 August - showed up on RAV
18 August status updated with EDD of Aug 18 - Sep1, then later that day 1st SMS, then 2 hours later received schedule delivery SMS
Picking up 24 August.

Was able to track my VIN on RoRo (but might not work for the armacup ships, i was on Euphony Ace)

People with Chatswood and Miranda pick ups on the same ship appear to have gotten their sms's a bit earlier - 2 days ago for a Monday pick up. The people i know also did not receive a first SMS from what i can tell.

Waits almost over for me - hope the above helps kerb the inexplicable/irrational anxiety that i experienced while waiting!!