Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They only told me to bring my license, and to be honest, they didn't even check that.
Didnt check my license either.
I would want them to check the person taking the car is the person that ordered the car. I guess that happens by proxy because you have access to the correct Tesla account and turned up at the correct time.

I'll find out in a couple of hours if, and this is a goodie, the car arrived at the delivery centre. Had a somewhat odd call yesterday afternoon (coincidentally as I drove past the delivery centre) to confirm the appointment but advising that the car was still in transit and they may have to slip it to the end of the day to get it prepped/charged etc. Seems a bit late in the day to not have the goods to actually deliver. On a positive note, the car did get registered.

Last time I saw an Armacup schedule posted here, there was Paganella arriving Shanghai 16/8 and Morning Cherry 21/8. Is that still the case? - fingers crossed for a VIN storm…
The schedule should update today at some point. Here’s the link

The last time I looked (yesterday) Paganella was in Shanghai still waiting to dock

Reactions: Polarxp and David1
If that's the one I saw, I'm not so sure. I asked build date and they said "built after/around Nov 2021 as a 2022 model year". Then asked if it was bad to post VIN online. I said if they were concerned about safety, best not to ask a stranger online 😂
Yeah it is I saw your comments after. I was so confused about his Build comment. I think he is was confused. Maybe it was a cancellation

Reactions: Missimpatient
Looks like domestic deliveries are about to commence at Shanghai. Tesla reduced the MY delivery time to 4-8 weeks. M3 reduced to 12 weeks.
Sigh.. I wonder what 12 weeks feels like :rolleyes:
1660865475499.png

It feels like 6-9 months to be honest.. and worse now that all these pick up sms's are coming through for all but me 😭
You're not alone! I'm starting to hope mine doesn't come today as end of next week is a problem for me as I'm interstate Weds-Fri. Now that I've written this I expect to receive the SMS with options of Thur & Fri. Tesla should start making rollercoasters, they'd be naturally great at it I reckon.

For those commenting on the after sales service and roadside assist from Tesla, I offer the following after two months of ownership:

Yesterday as I left for work, warning came up that a tyre was extremely low, so I drove back into garage to find this a piece of steel in the rear tyre.
Applied for roadside assist through the app, And within two hours I had a loaner wheel on the car, and the damaged wheel in the boot.
Applied for service to repair/replace the tyre, with a pic that confirmed it would need replacing.
Got an appointment at 1:00pm, arrived there and drove back out with new tyre fitted at 1:30.
No complaints here.

Attachments

• E10383D6-8766-4A2F-B6D9-3CA8C6AB936F.jpeg
    E10383D6-8766-4A2F-B6D9-3CA8C6AB936F.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 54
I would want them to check the person taking the car is the person that ordered the car. I guess that happens by proxy because you have access to the correct Tesla account and turned up at the correct time.

I'll find out in a couple of hours if, and this is a goodie, the car arrived at the delivery centre. Had a somewhat odd call yesterday afternoon (coincidentally as I drove past the delivery centre) to confirm the appointment but advising that the car was still in transit and they may have to slip it to the end of the day to get it prepped/charged etc. Seems a bit late in the day to not have the goods to actually deliver. On a positive note, the car did get registered.
My pick up is tomorrow 1130 so we'll find out. Annoyingly I will not be driving the car as I've broken my right foot so if you see me hobbling on crutches in a moonboot looking sad and happy that is the case

Sorry to hear. I got the pre-delivery SMS yesterday around 11am, and the delivery SMS about 6:30pm.
This whole process is frustrating!
Well done, you got a good result. Always great to hear someone reaching the end of this process and getting their Tesla.

Not to take away from your news in any manner whatsoever. This pre-sms in the morning and an arvo pickup text is a major source of my angst towards Tesla.

In trying to figure out how I can stop F5,ing etc and sit back and wait, I think the source of my own (and perhaps others in a similar situation) is we got what I call the "Shortly" sms on Monday and now its Friday. Nothing heard 4 business days later. Some call it the prepare for delivery SMS before the pickup sms. Then today the EDD blows out to seemingly match the atomic clock.

Having paid in full. In my case a week ago and with new EDD dates generated today, it could be 3 to 4 weeks into a finance contract, with nothing to show for it. Could be up to payment no. 2 before car arrives. That's pretty rank and not normal in this industry.

Don't get me wrong, everything to do with Tesla to date has been great, probably 9 out 10. It is just these last steps that lack an element of communication. If surveyed, this would be a huge negative mark on what has otherwise been a fantastic experience.

Anyway, 1st world issues. I think I might take a chill pill and have a lie-down.