Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Driven heard as recently as last Friday from Tesla customers, some of whom ordered Model 3s in January, were still awaiting a VIN.

It is thought that Tesla is prioritising Model Y production as it delivers a greater profit margin. Currently, in Australia, there are only the $72,300 RWD and $96,700 Performance Model Y available.
That's what we've been saying but some thought we were just being paranoid or bitter/impatient. Even if it's not accurate, with the absence of any communication from Tesla it's an understandable conclusion to draw given what allocations have been made in the past two months.

That's what we've been saying but some thought we were just being paranoid or bitter/impatient. Even if it's not accurate, with the absence of any communication from Tesla it's an understandable conclusion to draw given what allocations have been made in the past two months.
I thought it is probably is right because ppl in my Chinese WeChat Model 3 group have been waiting over 160-180 days before they get their M3. They are mostly young and single so not needing a family car. Tesla is definitely prioritising model y production for some reason.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
"Impending"! would that be regardless of contract already signed? Or only new finance loans?
And as always, impending is definitely not a time line I can measure. (Similar to ElonMusk time)
Good to know though, thanks M@dman
Yes, well the legislation hasn't been passed yet. If it does pass it will be backdated to 1 July which would mean retrospectively applied to that date. I'm putting my eggs in that basket.

Reactions: New Tech Bj
1660902188299.png

So ‘Team Sanity’, otherwise known as this forum, what’s going on with Paganella?
Todays schedule says it’s overdue to visit Shanghai.
I feel like VINs while loading is possible…
You must be joking, I lost my sanity 4 weeks in. I even have to renew my rego next week. Also spoke to my SA this afternoon, he said likely next quarter for remaining RWD, but yknow, pinch of salt and all that.

You must be joking, I lost my sanity 4 weeks in. I even have to renew my rego next week. Also spoke to my SA this afternoon, he said likely next quarter for remaining RWD, but yknow, pinch of salt and all that.
Ha ha. Not joking, maybe preserving a little sense of sanity by surrounding myself with people of similar… mind state.
You are only as sane at those around you…

• Funny
Reactions: Polarxp
I finally received a VIN. I'm an obsessive refresher (have refreshed every 20ish waking minutes since first VIN storm in July) and once again checked the Tesla app about 20 mins ago and BOOM amazing news.

M3LR White with Black interior, OD 15/3/2022, EDD 19th Aug - 28th Aug. I'm almost certain she's a cancelled order as EDD is basically RIGHT NOW.

Sooooooo friggan excited 🥳

Last edited:
Just picked up the car, 100% worth the wait.
Hi BlueMagnolia, I could be wrong but I think you posted about getting your stamp duty back on pick up. If I'm wrong sorry but if it was you how did it go? I've tried to contact Tesla regarding this since I'm getting a remote delivery. But no one has gotten back to us. I try not to be negative but fair dinkum, we have not heard from our SA for months. They've sent a couple emails but any questions and it's dead silence. Even though we have a final invoice and car fully paid for???

Hi BlueMagnolia, I could be wrong but I think you posted about getting your stamp duty back on pick up. If I'm wrong sorry but if it was you how did it go? I've tried to contact Tesla regarding this since I'm getting a remote delivery. But no one has gotten back to us. I try not to be negative but fair dinkum, we have not heard from our SA for months. They've sent a couple emails but any questions and it's dead silence. Even though we have a final invoice and car fully paid for???
If it's fully paid for, you'll need to claim it back normally, the stamp duty changes came into effect just a few days ago.

Edit:might be able to get tesla to refund if you haven't collected the car yet, if you're rural call the service center directly, SAs don't always respond

Well i guess its just speculation as when i visited parramatta tesla on tuesday to get some answers, regarding the model y bullshit getting their cars before us q1 orders, he said tesla allocated 5000 y's for launch day . And thats what we see getting delivered now and thats why the wait quickly jumped to jan-feb after 2.30pm on launch

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Well i guess its just speculation as when i visited parramatta tesla on tuesday to get some answers, regarding the model y bullshit getting their cars before us q1 orders, he said tesla allocated 5000 y's for launch day . And thats what we see getting delivered now and thats why the wait quickly jumped to jan-feb after 2.30pm on launch
That doesn't help with understanding how some model y buyers with Nov - Feb timeframe have already assigned VINs and have edd September 15-30.

In addition, I think we all heard enough stories from Tesla SAs now.

Congratulations. What's the verdict on the Accel boost? Not talking value for money, but is it only noticeable off the lights, or from 60-80 too?

I'd be interested to get your view in relation to charge required to get the boost. I think I read somewhere that below x% it's negligible....can't remember what x was but something like 70%.

Enjoy the weekend driving, hope weather is kind to you!

TESLA BJORN TO THE RESCUE!

If it's fully paid for, you'll need to claim it back normally, the stamp duty changes came into effect just a few days ago.

Edit:might be able to get tesla to refund if you haven't collected the car yet, if you're rural call the service center directly, SAs don't always respond
Hi King Punch, the problem is Tesla have already claimed it and it's now a credit on my account page. So I'm pretty sure I have to get it from them. I can't see the NSW government doing it twice? This is where a little bit of service from Tesla answering emails or your SA answering calls would be handy. If there's anyone here who paid stamp duty early and had a credit on their account page. Did you do paperwork to get refunded on pickup? Or even though your account page shows the credit did you still claim it yourself? Any experience appreciated 👍 PS yes, I need to get back to sleep 😅