Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Six months post-order, we took a second test drive of a RWD this afternoon.

No regrets about ordering one, even after looking over a Y. It's such a nice car to drive and spend time in!

I might have gone for an LR if it was to be our main or only car, but the RWD will mostly see city duty and should suit us well.

Having to wait sucks, but it will be worth it. 🙂
Did you have a word with them about delivery… or did they know any more than us on here?

I'll be in CBR in a couple of weeks with the new blue M3LR [ delievery due early next week], and family are keen to experience. any recommendations where its "safe {enough}" to demo the thrills you speak of??
The speed camera vans are really being ramped up lately. Seeing them being placed then moved in under an hour. There's not really anywhere that's worth the risk

• Informative
Reactions: rtvanda
Clean Getaway Car Detailing (Warana ?) - they have a youtube channel and the guy (Joe) seems very genuine and down to earth.

Booked in for a couple of weeks away.

Tinting: Rayno S9 to all side windows and the rear window + the sunroof.
PPF: SunTek PPF Ultra film to front, sides, back quarter, fuel cap, middle pillar, rear tail gate and luggage strip and A pillar.
then Graphene Coating over whole car including the glass and PPF.
Just looked at their website. Looks like a good choice. I'm going to do Tinting, but I keep flipping on whether to get the PPF/Ceramic stuff.

Hi guys, just got my car today. I have the tesla mobile connector. How can I plug it into this local type 2 charger near my house? Do I need a special adaptor? Didn't realise how difficult this was hahaha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220821-004017_PlugShare.jpg
    Screenshot_20220821-004017_PlugShare.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20220821-003909_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220821-003909_Samsung Internet.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 39
Hi guys, just got my car today. I have the tesla mobile connector. How can I plug it into this local type 2 charger near my house? Do I need a special adaptor? Didn't realise how difficult this was hahaha
You can't use the UMC with that type of charging outlet, that requires a type 2 to type 2 cable. If you'll be frequently using this charger then I'd recommend buying a 3 phase capable 22kw cable so that you can get the maximum 11kw charge rate if the charger has 3 phase power. There are lower rated type 2 to type 2 cables but they don't perform as well and the price difference isn't huge.

They typically have a length of 5m or 7.5m, getting the longer cable can help if the charging bay has someone parked in it not using the charger and you need to reach to the next bay.

You need a type 2 to Type 2 cable, the mobile connector is only for 10amp and 15amp good power points. Your standard power point around your house is 10amp. Plus you can get an adaptor for it for use in 3 phase outlets.

If you google Type 2 to Type 2 cable to us will fine in plenty of options. You can save a bit if cash and get a 7kw cable but if you want the max charge rate needs to support 11kw or more. I got a 22kw cable.

Edit: beaten by danwale with a more comprehensive reply, ignore mine, danwale is on the money

Absolute Gold !!!!

Even the kid has jumped ship.
Dad's pride and joy just got spanked !!!!!
Time to move on, take a picture of it, frame it, and put it in the pool room. Then go out and buy yourself a Tesla.

Do tell us more stories as they come to hand, it is helping me (and others I think) tolerate the wait.
Yesterday after the skid pan event, I took three friends for a little run around the area. All of them were diehard ICE guys, but were interested. One was a mate of 35 years, another his son, and one of his employees.
Initially gave it a squirt as we pulled out and they were like “jeezus..wtf” I then pulled up and gave the a proper standing start run, and it was “are you gonna take it to the drags?” When I told them it does mid 11s they were blown away. Then they asked about 60-80 acceleration, so I showed them. That prompted the “you’ve got to take it roll-racing, you’ll beat 90%. of the cars there”.
All of this was 4-up in the car as well.
His son says, “I don’t think I have the self control for a car like this”

There are 10 vans that go around in Canberra. Maybe you've just seen a lot more lately than usual :)
I use WAZE to help identify and warn others to watch their speed. Its good technological tool in the war of driving around. Not sure if it will work on M3LR center screen but can open the phone as a monitor if not. Speed limit is important but how fast you get there is up to you.

I use WAZE to help identify and warn others to watch their speed. Its good technological tool in the war of driving around. Not sure if it will work on M3LR center screen but can open the phone as a monitor if not. Speed limit is important but how fast you get there is up to you.
They move them around exceptionally frequently, faster than the Waze data is useful

• Informative
I'm unfamiliar with the variants in BMW range, but i guess none were slouches.
Both were low 5s or high 4s in the 0-100 run. My wife currently has a 135i vert with all the ///Motorsport add-ons. Big brakes, bi-modal exhaust, chip tune etc. it’s still a high 4s car. Fun to drive, but noisy and harsh.
Tesla M3P is faster, handles better, and is more fun.
BTW: we’re both in our 60s. Nothing like growing old disgracefully.

Both were low 5s or high 4s in the 0-100 run. My wife currently has a 135i vert with all the ///Motorsport add-ons. Big brakes, bi-modal exhaust, chip tune etc. it’s still a high 4s car. Fun to drive, but noisy and harsh.
Tesla M3P is faster, handles better, and is more fun.
BTW: we’re both in our 60s. Nothing like growing old disgracefully.
I'm in 70s. Am I allowed to be more disgraceful??