Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best case scenario for us in Perth if they actually do get some M3's on the Morning Crystal next week then the transhipment vessel doesn't even get into Fremantle until 9th October so once you add a couple of weeks onto that then we are looking at late October at the very earliest for car pickup

Surely this is a good indication that there MUST be some M3's going on the Crystal
There is solid reason to think that they are manufacturing /some/ RHD models at the moment with deliveries to JP and UK. There is a genuine prospect of more deliveries to AU/NZ through the next couple of months. Depends ( as all things do ) on /what/ you ordered. Rumor has it they are waaaay behind on LR models but JP customers for RWD who ordered in June are being bukkaked with VINS so fingers crossed for you.

There is solid reason to think that they are manufacturing /some/ RHD models at the moment with deliveries to JP and UK. There is a genuine prospect of more deliveries to AU/NZ through the next couple of months. Depends ( as all things do ) on /what/ you ordered. Rumor has it they are waaaay behind on LR models but JP customers for RWD who ordered in June are being bukkaked with VINS so fingers crossed for you.
well they aren’t way behind on LR models in Aus

I ordered M3 last week and have selected the finance option. Do I have to submit the loan application now? as the EDD is Feb to May, will it affect my queue as the "Prepare for delivery" - "Payment method" section is still unchecked for me
You don't have to submit the application now. People get the loan approved early to get the interest rates locked in. This doesn't affect your position in the queue.

Best case scenario for us in Perth if they actually do get some M3's on the Morning Crystal next week then the transhipment vessel doesn't even get into Fremantle until 9th October so once you add a couple of weeks onto that then we are looking at late October at the very earliest for car pickup

Surely this is a good indication that there MUST be some M3's going on the Crystal
I don't expect there would be Perth cars on Morning Crystal, they don't want cars sitting in inventory at the end of quarter.

Yes I think they are - folks are waiting 8+ months which is poor service really. Its just that AU folks have been waiting longer than many JP customers so you get yours before we get ours ( if you follow my logic )
I agree with this. They complain in JP that their wait is 6 months when AU seems to be closer to 9 months. Though they say that our 9 months is on time and their 6 months is way behind schedule. Does not compare apples with apples.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
I agree with this. They complain in JP that their wait is 6 months when AU seems to be closer to 9 months. Though they say that our 9 months is on time and their 6 months is way behind schedule. Does not compare apples with apples.
There is an asymmetry to this. One of the reasons that JP has seemingly quicker delivery times is that there are a lot of scheduled RoRo services between the countries where as AU/NZ has comparatively fewer scheduled services. Neither market being big enough to warrant a charter vessel holding 4500+ vehicles. I saw ( and don't entirely believe ) that Tesla has sold fewer than 2000 M3's in JP. However that is user volunteered data not actual imports. If you think people here are complaining about 6 month wait times, in the JP language forums they are flinging feeces like mad chimps at 8 months of wait time because subsidies are about to run out and some folk counted on getting their subsidies to assist in the payment for the car.

I was more saying LR models is Aus are now way ahead of RWD models in Aus
Could not agree more. June customers for RWD in JP are getting their VIN's now where as there does not seem to be a lot of joy to be had in AU. There are ( rumour has it ) two charters to the UK this quarter which would equate to about 9000+ vehicle you would have to say there is a good percentage of them RWD.

Reactions: Peersee
There is an asymmetry to this. One of the reasons that JP has seemingly quicker delivery times is that there are a lot of scheduled RoRo services between the countries where as AU/NZ has comparatively fewer scheduled services. Neither market being big enough to warrant a charter vessel holding 4500+ vehicles. I saw ( and don't entirely believe ) that Tesla has sold fewer than 2000 M3's in JP. However that is user volunteered data not actual imports. If you think people here are complaining about 6 month wait times, in the JP language forums they are flinging feeces like mad chimps at 8 months of wait time because subsidies are about to run out and some folk counted on getting their subsidies to assist in the payment for the car.
I would argue, that it would warrant a 4500+ vehicle load for AU, would probably cover all the people who have been waiting for the past 6-9 months as well as bring the waiting list down to only a couple of months instead of 2-3 quarters of a year, though AU delivery people would probably not be able to handle such a load in one go, so the cars would sit in some lot for a month or two for the delivery people to catch up on that.

I would argue, that it would warrant a 4500+ vehicle load for AU, would probably cover all the people who have been waiting for the past 6-9 months as well as bring the waiting list down to only a couple of months instead of 2-3 quarters of a year, though AU delivery people would probably not be able to handle such a load in one go, so the cars would sit in some lot for a month or two for the delivery people to catch up on that.
I'd agree with you - probably clear the entire backlog but then again I am not making production decisions in Shanghai so .......

Rwd order 10th of Feb with delivery date august 27.
Not my order saw that on other social page
Same combination as my mine rwd with 19 inch . And still no sign of any vin.this is frustrating.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220824-195613_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220824-195613_Facebook.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Picked up the Tesla this morning and noticed that it came with the Michelin tires 😬 The calibration was completed within 30 min and all the other cars became visible. Still need to finish setting it up to my liking, but the ride was less stiff than what I remembered from the test drive in Jan and I did get used to one pedal driving in a relatively short time. Hang in there everyone it will be worth the wait in the end. 🤗

10 days and 200+km after taking delivery, I am still in "calibration in progress" mode. Messaged Tesla and they suggested I reset calibration by going to Controls > Service > ....
but there's no service under Controls. There's a Service in the main menu but under which the Calibration box is disabled.
Really frustrating. Is there a step preceeded that I missed?