Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, im in the same area car due on the same date and yet to get the final. All i get from the sa is that the invoice is coming
Hmm weird, I just emailed my SA also (overseas till Friday) so can't call. I'll see what he says and let you know if I hear anything different. Slightly worrying as I would have expected to have the invoice by now as it's been about 2weeks since VIN sms came through.

I'm in the feb-may 2023 window but I ordered in late June (June 25th). I was hoping that my order wouldn't be moved up as I don't want the car until next March or later. Would I be able to delay it if they move it up or will I lose my spot and have to start from the back of the queue?
what about changing your order? i.e. changing wheels size or changing external or interior color? would that delay the delivery...🤣

I believe you just lose your order altogether. I asked a PERTH Sales Assistant this very question and he said you get a couple of days grace but then you lose your order and order fee. I asked why. He said they simply have nowhere to store cars. And it’s part of your agreement.
There are a few sections in the contract that mention delays and times:
- "If you cancel your order, do not take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) months of the date of this Agreement for no fault of ours, or breach this Agreement and we cancel your order"
This agreement date is the date you place the order, so I suspect the delay going past the 3 months clause is considered to be the fault of Tesla and as such accepted.
Then under the delivery section in contract:
- "We will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Centre, or other location as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date. You agree that time is of the essence and if you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers."

This does say that you can delay the order date by one week according to contract so anything past one week will give them permissions to sell that car. It does not state anywhere that inability to accept delivery in that time will cancel your order, but that may be implied in the statement where you agree to accept delivery within one week of date they provide.

what about changing your order? i.e. changing wheels size or changing external or interior color? would that delay the delivery...🤣
They do mention in contract that changes to order or delivery location may cause delays or price increases, so that may be an option.

Reactions: 121Gwatts
My date updated overnight from 22nd sep to 1 September to 15 September - Canberra. I have invoice and vin etc. But I can not see the vin on revs, what does that mean?
Interesting. I am in the same boat, except my EDD updated from 29 Aug - 8 Sept to 1 Sept - 15 Sept. They haven't registered the car and asked me for the form twice (which I sent twice). Not sure where this phantom car is!

I’m sure I’m on the home stretch, but the wait is agonising. I had an initial delivery window of Sep 25 - 29, which became Sep 3 - 16, which then became Aug 25 - Sep 6. Annoyingly, every morning I checked the app the delivery window (start date) was getting pushed by a day to reflect current date!!!!

Now it’s been updated to Sep 2 - 16. Spoke to the SA and he said it’s a logistics thing and a lot of deliveries have been pushed by a week. Grrrrrr 😡😡😡. Anyway, I hope to have my car in a couple of weeks.

I’m sure I’m on the home stretch, but the wait is agonising. I had an initial delivery window of Sep 25 - 29, which became Sep 3 - 16, which then became Aug 25 - Sep 6. Annoyingly, every morning I checked the app the delivery window (start date) was getting pushed by a day to reflect current date!!!!

Now it’s been updated to Sep 2 - 16. Spoke to the SA and he said it’s a logistics thing and a lot of deliveries have been pushed by a week. Grrrrrr 😡😡😡. Anyway, I hope to have my car in a couple of weeks.
It's like when you go to pick someone up at the airport. You know that the plane (car) has landed in the country, and you're seeing people (cars) coming out but you're still stuck there waiting wondering whether they were seated at the back of the plane (boat) or whether they found their luggage (car transporter). Right now the situation in Port Kembla and Melbourne is that three 747s (boats) have all landed very close to one another, and they're trying to clear the back log. It's slow, but hey they've sent 8 shipments to Australia this quarter.

It happened to me with my M3 and I'm in the same situation again with my car being one of the last to wander out of PK. At this point you need to ignore everything and wait for the SMS to ask you to book in your pick up. Everything else is just noise.

Delivery tomorrow 1/9 ... yippeee! No visibility online about delivery timeframe in app as Adelaide was delivered by 3rd party but recently now have Delivery Centre... so phone call today out of blue that car was ready. Hopefully Adelaide orders will be communicated bit better from now on....? Anyway LR M3 W/B ordered 4/1/22 built 15/7. Enjoy your cars everyone when they arrive.. thanks for entertainment over last 8 months 😁

Reactions: Redrum and PcS000