Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered in Feb, initial estimate was July to Sept, now sitting on Aug to Nov, went to an EV meet on the weekend and drove the ICE vehicle that will be getting retired, it must have sensed it's time is coming so while driving home tonight the engine starts misfiring and I limp home at 40km/h for the last 10km and I'll need to get it towed on Monday to a mechanic! I don't know if I want to sell it anymore, now considering sending her to the scrap heap as double payback and asking if I can push the button to crush it lol
So you say, but you'll have to live with it for 2 more months either way so it's gonna drain your dollaroos for as long as it wants, might even leverage your ignorance in that you can drive a misfiring car for a short distance and not need to tow.

It happened to me a few months back, around 120 all up to replace the coil.

So you say, but you'll have to live with it for 2 more months either way so it's gonna drain your dollaroos for as long as it wants, might even leverage your ignorance in that you can drive a misfiring car for a short distance and not need to tow.

It happened to me a few months back, around 120 all up to replace the coil.
Oh I know I can drive it, I drove it home from where it started misfiring VERY slowly. It's just extremely slow and a bit unsafe when you have to take off and it wants to crawl at 10km/h for the first 10m, then slowly you get to 20, then maybe 30 then the car shudders like crazy if I try go above that. The closest mechanic to where I live is about 15km and I'd need to use the back streets to get there as I can't drive on the freeway at that speed. I have free towing in my roadside assistance and that's better use of my time than trying to get it there myself.

I was trying to have a light hearted joke about the shittyness of the situation throwing money at something that I thought would have been not my problem anymore by around now.

Oh I know I can drive it, I drove it home from where it started misfiring VERY slowly. It's just extremely slow and a bit unsafe when you have to take off and it wants to crawl at 10km/h for the first 10m, then slowly you get to 20, then maybe 30 then the car shudders like crazy if I try go above that. The closest mechanic to where I live is about 15km and I'd need to use the back streets to get there as I can't drive on the freeway at that speed. I have free towing in my roadside assistance and that's better use of my time than trying to get it there myself.

I was trying to have a light hearted joke about the shittyness of the situation throwing money at something that I thought would have been not my problem anymore by around now.
I know, I've been there. Just hope they are individual coils and not an assembly, else it's gonna cost a FORTUNE. 😂😂

Yes that will be my Monday surprise when the mechanic gets to have a look at it, I'm a bit nervous as I had spark plugs replaced 23 months ago and I've only done 11k km in that time, that's significantly less than it should have lasted.
It's not the plugs but the ignition coils itself. Some cars, each coil per spark plug is individual, while for others its an assembly meaning you have to change to whole set, which depending on make and model can sometimes run upwards of $500 huehuehue

Reactions: danwale
Pulled into NRMA charger at Ewingsdale (Byron Bay NSW) for some fat, fast and free electrons and a Model Y pulled in to wait for a spot and he said he picked up his 3 weeks ago!! So he ordered early June and his DD was Mid August (at the longest). Can understand the switch to a MY even at a cost of $350.

I was sitting here when the YR became available and thought about pulling the trigger.

However I was in the queue to pay $78800 for a M3LR and the price at the time of this spec had moved up to over $90k.

So by switching to a MY I would have given up $12k in equity in the M3 LR to switch to a lower spec car (MY base model).

I think quite a few of us ran the same sums.

For those that have joined recently and are awaiting their 3 or Y… here’s a little distraction I put together to while away the time…

Its been a long wait, and I enjoyed this last time you posted it. It went well with your avatar (so much going on). But since you changed your avatar I just kept getting distracted wondering, if they are really your hands? Nice skills though.