Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No Need for apologies.. It's all in good spirits.

On the flippy more positive side, I'm seeing more and more Teslas on the road - Lots of CCA number plates .. Even saw an MP CCA parked in Eltham around the corner from me last night.. Sexy looking. Shout out to you if you're on the forum.

Soon my pretties, soon we shall be part of the Tesla-crew, sharing secret handshakes, informed glances and knowing winks ..
From The Age this morning

Australians bought 95,256 new passenger cars, SUVs and commercial vehicles in August, up 17.3 per cent from the same month last year, thanks in part to record arrivals of Tesla vehicles from the company’s factory in China.

Tesla is now one of Australia’s best-selling cars, coming in fourth in sales by volume after the Toyota HiLux, Ford Ranger and Toyota RAV4, according to the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries.
Unquote

Personally I have never done PPF on any of my cars, as I don't believe its worth it for me, but it is a personal preference. There is very low chance you may get slightly more for your car when selling it if the paint is still in new condition, but usually it will not make any difference and you will not be able to recover the cost of it when selling it.
I haven't either, but I tend to hold onto vehicles longer than 3-5 years (both ICE cars sold recently to fund one of the Teslas were approaching 10 years old). My cars are garaged and mostly driven on sealed city roads, I'm pretty sure most buyers when looking at a commodity vehicle 8+ years old wont be expecting showroom condition paint. The condition of the battery and drivetrain is going to be the largest factor in resale value.

My thoughts are wait .. the second hand market is over priced at the moment across the board, but especially for Tesla's and it also further enocurages flipping new cars for profit.

Agreed. Lets to scummy scalpers suffer.
Remember that our wait times have been increased partly due to these scalpers.

I would never buy of one. Might offer them $50k for one after getting them all excited first though😂

From The Age this morning

Australians bought 95,256 new passenger cars, SUVs and commercial vehicles in August, up 17.3 per cent from the same month last year, thanks in part to record arrivals of Tesla vehicles from the company’s factory in China.

Tesla is now one of Australia’s best-selling cars, coming in fourth in sales by volume after the Toyota HiLux, Ford Ranger and Toyota RAV4, according to the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries.
Unquote
In seventh place was Tesla – its highest monthly ranking to date – reporting 3397 cars as sold last month (referring to deliveries, not orders taken) thanks to record arrivals from the factory in China.

Amazing what happens when motion lotion prices skyrocket into the stratosphere and stay there.

I wonder if the Fed government and any overpaid Pollies are paying attention to these articles/stats

Last edited:
even more good news.. My master plan is bearing fruit.

Carport is DONE as of today...

Let's scratch that off the "keep me sane while waiting for VINS list"
  1. Carport Built
  2. New Power Circuit for Carport,
  3. Get both Gen3 Chargers installed,
  4. Water Tank (for collection off carport -watering front yard, washing cars?)
  5. VIN Numbers
  6. GET THE BLOODY CAR
  7. Drive somewhere cool (and tell everyone else it was "worth the wait")

My Fremont made Model S I bought in 2014 had the worst paint I've experienced on a car. It was very soft and the stone chips were incredible. Given that China doesn't have qualms about lead hardeners in paint, Shanghai cars may be better, but I wouldn't be without PFF on my Model 3 when it comes.
My Model 3 MNS paint seems very thin and soft, will show every small stone-chip, too late for PFF now. having a white undercoat does not help with showing off stone-chips.

Ah...mazing! Absolutely love it, huge fan of the 1 pedal driving! Fingers crossed you all don't have to wait much longer.

Attachments

• 20220907_132524.jpg
    20220907_132524.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 66
No Need for apologies.. It's all in good spirits.

On the flippy more positive side, I'm seeing more and more Teslas on the road - Lots of CCA number plates .. Even saw an MP CCA parked in Eltham around the corner from me last night.. Sexy looking. Shout out to you if you're on the forum.

Soon my pretties, soon we shall be part of the Tesla-crew, sharing secret handshakes, informed glances and knowing winks ..
I used to live in Eltham now I’m in the country, years ago people used to think of Eltham as country 😂

Reactions: Mattflow
even more good news.. My master plan is bearing fruit.

Carport is DONE as of today...

Let's scratch that off the "keep me sane while waiting for VINS list"
  1. Carport Built
  2. New Power Circuit for Carport,
  3. Get both Gen3 Chargers installed,
  4. Water Tank (for collection off carport -watering front yard, washing cars?)
  5. VIN Numbers
  6. GET THE BLOODY CAR
  7. Drive somewhere cool (and tell everyone else it was "worth the wait")
Are you getting two Gen3 chargers installed? I do around 1000kms a month and use my Gen3 charger once a week. Even when my second Tesla arrives I've still got heaps of excess charging capacity with just one charger.

Paglia due to leave Shanghai on the 15/09, expecting new VINs from Monday.
I understand the advice provided how TESLA have conducted previous quarterly allocations, but with the upgraded M3 & MY lines resulting in greater output, they will take advantage of any shipping space available to clear backlog around the world.

TESLA are determined to supply the world with as many vehicles as possible, this action will provide them with a greater return on the factory investments. I believe logistical cargo availability is the only impairment to TESLA clearing the M3 backlog.

View attachment 849741
Stay positive, we will have our new toys soon.
This sounds more like wishful thinking of a forum newbie than anything of substance, ive been here too long! 🤣🤪

Are you getting two Gen3 chargers installed? I do around 1000kms a month and use my Gen3 charger once a week. Even when my second Tesla arrives I've still got heaps of excess charging capacity with just one charger.
Ja Mon.
I know it's a bit weird but in this household it's going to be easier to just put 2 in.

Having a His and Hers prevents arguments, confusion and disappointments.. Gotta remember the golden rule. Happy Wife, Happy Life. (no jokes I was even ready to buy the plates so the charger colour would match the car )

Plus, I can have visitors over and they can charge up.. You're welcome on roadtrips Maxi!!

Also Just saw a CCU plated LR in Eltham.. VIC is flying through the Plates.. :p

I know a lot of you have been concerned about my mental wellbeing of late, so as a kind of explanation of what’s going on, I thought I’d explain. Since the fateful ordering day, I’ve been busying reading and listening to music to while away the seemingly endless days. It’s this preoccupation with the choice of reading matter and music that’s causing the problem…. According to my shrink anyway. It all started on day 1, when I chose to read “Great Expectations”, which of course was influenced by the euphoria of purchase. I tried music…. The Beatles I thought… “You won’t see me“ was playing but in a dream it was coming from my pearl white M3. A bad omen. “No reply” was next, and that was when I was trying to contact my SA. I switched to the Stones and tried a couple of tracks, “You can’t always get what you want” was clearly a bad choice followed by “(I can’t get no) Satisfaction“. This brings us up to date, and with the thought that builds might not start until next month, I’m resigned to play “I’m dreaming of a White Christmas“ in the hope that it changes my fortune.
By the way, writing this has taken up 10 minutes of waiting time so thats always worthwhile.

Just looking at the difference between the M3RWD and the M3LR, I am thinking I should upgrade to the long range if that falls under the limit for the new FBT leasing policy on EVs. According to the comments elsewhere, it does if I only get paint and nothing else added on? Would I be able to upgrade my existing order at any time before a VIN is assigned (my window is March-May of 2023).

Thanks
LR all the way alamzing Audio. Amazing speed and AWD.
RWD is not slow but it's not fast .

LR is a properly quick and has great rage.