Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Tesla never actually confirmed it was a cancellation (I asked), I’m sure it was. Between notification of the car being available and delivery on a Saturday morning, it was 4 days. Four mad days of sorting out payment and VicRoads rego, but we got across the line.
So to others waiting, you never know, you might get a call this afternoon!
very late cancellation. last few weeks of the quarter and we still have few deliveries. must have cancelled at very last moment.....or double cancellations.. All I keep hearing in this forum is that Tesla wants to get paid in the same quarter that they build cars. these late cancellations must be keeping Tesla finance gods anxious. :D

What happens to that logic (get paid in same quarter - again many reminders in this forum) to the cars they build in last few days of the quarter? 3000 cars per day are still over 10,000 cars for last 4 days of quarter.:rolleyes:

What happens to that logic (get paid in same quarter - again many reminders in this forum) to the cars they build in last few days of the quarter? 3000 cars per day are still over 10,000 cars for last 4 days of quarter.:rolleyes:
A load of cars put on one ship coming to AU is more like a rounding error on their weeks production. Its not like they book the whole ship and load it full of Tesla. With only a few hundred cars on each ship, it really would not affect their cars still in transit number too much if they continued the shipments here regardless of the quarter end or start. If I remember correctly a year ago even Elon mentioned that the end of quarter rush sale was not the way to go and that Tesla was hoping to move away from that to run continuously business as normal. Though that never happened :(

Reactions: Peersee
@Polarxp .... finally!!! 🎉

These next couple weeks are going to drag..... hope you've got something to distract yourself with, since accessory shopping is finished (for now!) 😁
LOL, Well I’ll probably stay busy for a little while sorting out what to install first 🤯 but it’s a relief not having to keep refreshing my app or logging into my account to check if there has been any movement…. and dare I say it 🤐 (worried about starting up the posts about insurance and finance) 😬 buuut I have to start researching to organise my insurance, and tinting places too.

Reactions: *Sparkles*
very late cancellation. last few weeks of the quarter and we still have few deliveries. must have cancelled at very last moment.....or double cancellations.. All I keep hearing in this forum is that Tesla wants to get paid in the same quarter that they build cars. these late cancellations must be keeping Tesla finance gods anxious. :D

That is my thinking, surely those produced in last few days can't be credited to that quarter in the domestic market . So my thinking is the last few days and beginning of next quarter should be for export and hopefully they are RWD🤞

LOL, Well I’ll probably stay busy for a little while sorting out what to install first 🤯 but it’s a relief not having to keep refreshing my app or logging into my account to check if there has been any movement…. and dare I say it 🤐 (worried about starting up the posts about insurance and finance) 😬 buuut I have to start researching to organise my insurance, and tinting places too.
Hope you haven't developed RSI with all that button pushing! 😋

There's so much variation with insurance quotes based on your age, garaging location, driving history etc etc that there's probably not much point starting the conversation up on here...

Hopefully you have some luck with tinting recommendations on the Gold Coast ...

Hope you haven't developed RSI with all that button pushing! 😋

There's so much variation with insurance quotes based on your age, garaging location, driving history etc etc that there's probably not much point starting the conversation up on here...

Hopefully you have some luck with tinting recommendations on the Gold Coast ...
That could explain the shooting pain in my “button pushing” finger…😉👆🏻