Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed the wording on my Tesla account has changed.
For the first four months it stated "Your final invoice will be uploaded shortly" or something along those lines.
It has now changed to say "Once a VIN has been assigned, your Final Invoice will be available in your Tesla account.".
Is this some form of progress, or have Tesla just realised how ridiculous it is to say the invoice will be uploaded shortly when the car's lead time is 9 - 12 months (ordered in May).
Does anyone have any clarity on this? Or can anyone that has just ordered confirm if this is now the default message from day one?
Its just some more realistic wording and removed "shortly" given that it would not be shortly by any stretch of the imagination.

Looks good!
I have my black logos ready to put on when the car gets here. Are you happy with the TESLA on the back rather than the logo?
Yeah definitely happy, I do like the matte black TESLA badge on the back and removed the dual motor badge completely as well, love the more simplistic look. I'll try and get some night shots of it

Last edited:
Reactions: Peersee and PcS000
Maybe based on those that are still within their EDD window? The wait sucks but the latest my date range is December despite my impatience.
I imagine it would feel like Tesla has screwed those that have waited longer than they were told.
True, I think the main frustration is seeing endless reports of everything but the base model 3 (ordered well after January/February) now driving around here. Don’t even mention the MY’s ordered in June and here the next month. I understand the EDD window, but that is no consolation.