Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll have to come back in a few weeks and give those of us who are still waiting, your verdict on the accessories that were worthwhile and those which just occupied that empty space in your soul until the toy arrived!
Following up on this request from a few weeks ago. (Haven't included some generic accessories e.g. first aid kit, torch, sunshades, dog hammock)

Would I buy again?

Yes:
SSD drive
Screen protector
Screen surround
Floor mats
Chrome foot pedals
Centre console trays
Centre console pad cover
Trunk sill protector
Interior LED lights upgrade
Trim tool kit (for led install)
Bag hook
Type 2 cable
Jack pads
Mud guards

Maybe:
Trunk sound mat

No:
Phone holder
Door edge protector
Wheel centre caps
USB hub
Interior camera cover

Have been pleasantly surprised at the voice command integration of the car. (Alexa gets it wrong so many times) While not yet complete it covers the basics and you no longer need to go fumbling around the screen when driving.

My time on this thread is almost done. I have ascended(?)/moved on(?) from posts about shipping schedules and fork lift trucks to ones about self healing fuses and customised light shows 😀

Enjoy the ride until and after your car arrives.

Some pics showing the blue leds, chrome pedals and sill protector.... found the sub too (right hand side of trunk under the light cluster)

blu-trunk.jpg
blu-front.jpg
sub.jpg

Last edited:
On accessories, I tried the roof sunshades out. Very easy to fit with the little clips holding it all up nicely. Used the silver-backed block out liner thingies and the cabin was much cooler in full sun. Mainly got them for my wife who does not like a sun roof at all and she was happy. They are easy to remove and fold down small, so would recommend as an option if you don't want a baked head or permanently gangster tinted roof.

Reactions: Luddo
Following up on this request from a few weeks ago. (Haven't included some generic accessories e.g. first aid kit, torch, sunshades, dog hammock)

Would I buy again?

Yes:
SSD drive
Screen protector
Screen surround
Floor mats
Chrome foot pedals
Centre console trays
Centre console pad cover
Trunk sill protector
Bag hook
Type 2 cable
Jack pads
Mud guards

Maybe:
Trunk sound mat

No:
Phone holder
Door edge protector
Wheel centre caps
USB hub
Interior camera cover

Have been pleasantly surprised at the voice command integration of the car. (Alexa gets it wrong so many times) While not yet complete it covers the basics and you no longer need to go fumbling around the screen when driving.

My time on this thread is almost done. I have ascended(?)/moved on(?) from posts about shipping schedules and fork lift trucks to ones about self healing fuses and customised light shows 😀

Some pics showing the blue leds, chrome pedals and sill protector.... found the sub too (right hand side of trunk under the light cluster)

View attachment 856951View attachment 856953View attachment 856954
That is a sweet looking car. I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of VIN holders in the next couple of weeks🤞

Would I buy again?

Yes:
SSD drive
Screen protector
Screen surround
Floor mats
Chrome foot pedals
Centre console trays
Centre console pad cover
Trunk sill protector
Bag hook
Type 2 cable
Jack pads
Mud guards

Maybe:
Trunk sound mat

No:
Phone holder
Door edge protector
Wheel centre caps
USB hub
Interior camera cover

View attachment 856951View attachment 856953View attachment 856954
Luddo, where did you order the interior LED upgrade lights from?

Had pickup today at Chatswood. Arrived early for vehicle trade in and all went smoothly and no questions about trade. I was expecting a pretty quick "heres your keys, pair your phone, thanks for coming" kind of deal as they said the appointment would be 10-15 minutes on a phone call I received yesterday afternoon but the guy that helped me Nathan spent about 30 minutes with me just helping me set stuff up, answering any questions I had and just being overall really helpful.

I know everyone hates the "its worth the wait" saying being thrown around over and over but I have to say after taking delivery the past 6 1/2 months of waiting were swiftly forgotten so I'll agree with them and say it again, its worth the wait Ladies and Gents.

Car calibrated in about 25 minutes after leaving the showroom and I have to say I'm buggered this afternoon after driving all round Sydney then back to Newcastle.

The daughter approved of the new ride as well it would appear, I told her the frunk was her new seat to get to daycare in the morning, she was stoked. haha.

PXL_20220926_065833030.jpg

PXL_20220926_073958044.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220926_065833030.jpg
    PXL_20220926_065833030.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 37
Had pickup today at Chatswood. Arrived early for vehicle trade in and all went smoothly and no questions about trade. I was expecting a pretty quick "heres your keys, pair your phone, thanks for coming" kind of deal as they said the appointment would be 10-15 minutes on a phone call I received yesterday afternoon but the guy that helped me Nathan spent about 30 minutes with me just helping me set stuff up, answering any questions I had and just being overall really helpful.

I know everyone hates the "its worth the wait" saying being thrown around over and over but I have to say after taking delivery the past 6 1/2 months of waiting were swiftly forgotten so I'll agree with them and say it again, its worth the wait Ladies and Gents.

Car calibrated in about 25 minutes after leaving the showroom and I have to say I'm buggered this afternoon after driving all round Sydney then back to Newcastle.

The daughter approved of the new ride as well it would appear, I told her the frunk was her new seat to get to daycare in the morning, she was stoked. haha.

View attachment 856966

View attachment 856967
Sooooo cute!!!!!
And the car is just gorgeous 😍

26th of the last month of the quarter and we still picking up cars. Here's a burning question: would you pickup car on 25th or 26th Dec? (Just hypothetical, I know the delivery centres would be closed).
And on serious note: based on this quarter's performance, the late cancellation may fall into last two weeks of Dec. That would be interesting.....

Last edited:
An interesting note from the experience of a friend of mine who ordered a Model Y (located in Adelaide). The order of receiving a VIN in source code, getting an updated EDD, and receiving an SMS from Tesla saying you’ve had a vehicle allocated to you isn’t linear.

So far, in order, he received an updated EDD (from month-month precision, to precision of ~14 days), then the sms saying the car is allocated, and still no VIN in the source code.

I always assumed VIN in source code came first.

I ordered my car back on April 9; it looks like currently, the delivery is up to March orders. Is there a rough period I could be expecting my VIN?

Ext: White
Int: Black
OD: 04/09
VIN: NA
up to March is LR. RWDs are only early Feb. in any case, if your car is to be built this quarter, then you should have VIN in first few weeks of Oct. next stop is cancellation (by other proud MY owners), and that could be any date in the quarter. Last stop 'It will be next quarter Elon'.

up to March is LR. RWDs are only early Feb. in any case, if your car is to be built this quarter, then you should have VIN in first few weeks of Oct. next stop is cancellation (by other proud MY owners), and that could be any date in the quarter. Last stop 'It will be next quarter Elon'.
Sadly RWD, says 6 - 9 months from the order date, so I'm hoping it ends up this year...

26th of the last month of the quarter and we still picking up cars. Here's a burning question: would you pickup car on 25th or 26th Dec? (Just hypothetical, I know the delivery centres would be closed).
And on serious note: based on this quarter's performance, the late cancellation may fall into last two weeks of Dec. That would be interesting.....
Firstly, my EDD still shows Feb-May 23, so highly unlikely I would get assigned one in Dec.
Secondly, I do not believe my finance company would get the paperwork and payment done over Christmas days.. I am doing novated lease and for them to do the paperwork, I have to sell my current Model 3, they have to finish up the old novation before they can do new one, so I suspect we need a few weeks heads up to get all that sorted.
Thirdly, I will be doing some Christmas travelling with family, so I will not be available for picking it up over Christmas days.
So regardless, I am currently aiming for first half of next year for getting the new car, giving Tesla a month on either side of the window as their estimations have tendency to fluctuate.

Firstly, my EDD still shows Feb-May 23, so highly unlikely I would get assigned one in Dec.
Secondly, I do not believe my finance company would get the paperwork and payment done over Christmas days.. I am doing novated lease and for them to do the paperwork, I have to sell my current Model 3, they have to finish up the old novation before they can do new one, so I suspect we need a few weeks heads up to get all that sorted.
Thirdly, I will be doing some Christmas travelling with family, so I will not be available for picking it up over Christmas days.
So regardless, I am currently aiming for first half of next year for getting the new car, giving Tesla a month on either side of the window as their estimations have tendency to fluctuate.
agree. my OD is 2/5 (although RWD). I am settled down for 2023 delivery.

An interesting note from the experience of a friend of mine who ordered a Model Y (located in Adelaide). The order of receiving a VIN in source code, getting an updated EDD, and receiving an SMS from Tesla saying you’ve had a vehicle allocated to you isn’t linear.

So far, in order, he received an updated EDD (from month-month precision, to precision of ~14 days), then the sms saying the car is allocated, and still no VIN in the source code.

I always assumed VIN in source code came first.
I had the same experience here.
SMS, Website updated with invoice details, EMAIL, VIN viewable in page source, second SMS for earlier EDD

The API "trick" for me was much like the goggles

Feedback just now from SA is that they no longer facilitate the install of custom plates prior to delivery.

"Unfortunately, we are no longer able to facilitate custom plates for new deliveries. This has been a national change within the business due to the extreme volume of cars and the complex issues arising from custom plate procedures."

Anyone else had this feedback?

• Helpful
Reactions: blubbernator