Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA who I sent a message to replied this after I said I was thinking of cancelling and buying a Y....

Hey I don't think so. I know the Y's that are being allocated because they have built them. Our 3's are currently being built so should have an ETA for you soon. It is annoying that the Y's are coming before a lot of older 3 orders, but unfortunately it's out of my control.

It's being built?

Have i got this right? No M3-RWD versions were delivered in September and no deliveries scheduled for October. November who knows.
No you are incorrect, did you not see the post above from Priit: M3 are at 37% of total deliveries.
From the article at: VFACTS September 2022 new-car sales: Tesla Model Y ranks third, Toyota has rare slip
For September 2022
Tesla Model 3 (1610)
Tesla Model Y (4359)
The ship shortage does not appear to affect Model Y, its just for Model 3 for us.

10k more for an ugly jelly bean car!

I have started seeing a lot more Ys in person and unlike the 3 which looks really nice in person, the Y looks worse than on the website.

Saw my first Y on the road today (actually saw two) and man, it is fugly. Way higher than I imagined...looks meh. Then saw a 3 a short while later and it looked so sporty and worth way more than its actually worth. So glad I went the 3 in the end.

I'll probably be waiting until March I reckon. Ordered first week of June for our LR.

No you are incorrect, did you not see the post above from Priit: M3 are at 37% of total deliveries.
From the article at: VFACTS September 2022 new-car sales: Tesla Model Y ranks third, Toyota has rare slip
For September 2022
Tesla Model 3 (1610)
Tesla Model Y (4359)
The ship shortage does not appear to affect Model Y, its just for Model 3 for us.
My understanding is that the Tesla Model 3 (1610) was mainly made up of M3P and M3LR versions, very little if any M3RWDs

Some poor buggers had orders way back to December 21.

Last edited:
For September 2022
Tesla Model 3 (1610)
Tesla Model Y (4359)
Your percentage is a bit off:
Total September AU Model 3 + Y makes 5959 cars, of that 1610 is just under 27% of them were model 3 and 4359 cars would be just over 73% were model Y, as Tesla is saying that the Shanghai factory capacity is over 3000 cars a day of which 2000-2200 model Y-s and 1000-1200 Model 3-s, so the disproportionately larger quantity of Model Y-s coming here means just that because they also have factory in Berlin making Model Y for EU, they don't need to ship as many there and have more available for the rest of the world from Shanghai. As they still need to send Model 3 from Shanghai to EU and the rest of the world, that is where their manufacturing has the bigger bottleneck as lower capacity and larger market means longer wait times for us.
I still don't get, why they did not change to giga castings during factory upgrades 2 months ago, as they could have probably increased the production rate for Model 3 drastically with that.