Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read post above. It's only for the Novated Lease. Never said to attempt tax evasion. Just so you can sign it up now, but U carry the FBT risk should it not pass
Read my post? You’re talking about what the novated lease company is willing to write into the contract you sign with them. And comparing it to mine.

The two novated lease companies we’ve enquired with - both large and support enterprise australia-wide - are not willing to write up a contract with the post-tax mix written to a value of 0%.

Our employers don’t offer a choice of novated lease companies, likely because of the administrative nightmare that would entail.

And trust me. I asked in as many different ways what they would agree to in the lead up to the legislation passing. It’s just not possible for them.

Don’t get me wrong though, it’s good you can shop around 3 different companies, and your options are more flexible.

However my appetite for scrutiny from the ATO seems to be a lot lower than yours.

However my appetite for scrutiny from the ATO seems to be a lot lower than yours.
Lol doubt it. Just like I said. You don't lie on your tax return. If the legislation doesn't pass, you end up with a bill. Nothing wrong with that from a legal / ATO stand point. That's what I was referring to when I said read above.

But yeah, didn't consider that scenario where you have no choice on provider. I'm in a small company, who really didn't care. Thats my bad. There's nothing dodgy on what I'm suggesting, only that your on the hook for the FBT on the non business use percentage. How bigger deal that is depends on your tax situation.

Read my post? You’re talking about what the novated lease company is willing to write into the contract you sign with them. And comparing it to mine.

The two novated lease companies we’ve enquired with - both large and support enterprise australia-wide - are not willing to write up a contract with the post-tax mix written to a value of 0%.

Our employers don’t offer a choice of novated lease companies, likely because of the administrative nightmare that would entail.

And trust me. I asked in as many different ways what they would agree to in the lead up to the legislation passing. It’s just not possible for them.

Don’t get me wrong though, it’s good you can shop around 3 different companies, and your options are more flexible.

Technically, the novated lease companies cannot exempt or exclude the FBT. As FBT year runs from March/April if I remember it correctly, they can write into it, that you do not pay monthly FBT, but it will be due in full at the end of FBT term, so if the legislation goes through, you will not have to pay any. If the legislation falls over and gets scrapped, you are up for the full FBT in April. The risk this way is up to the purchaser and the employer for a sizable sum at the end of FBT year and has no tax evasion or lying on the contracts. You will need to get your employer to agree to that risk.

Reactions: Jmadrox
Hi Folks ! Long time lurker and seldom poster here ;-)

Ordered M3LR mid May, ETA 9 to 12 months after order (so Feb to May 23)

I've chosen to be cautiously optimistic :) The fact that 5 months later, the order site still advertises the same ETA for new orders would seemingly indicate that Tesla plans to significantly ramp up shipments to Australia....

Also a couple of weeks back I popped by the local Tesla shop, and the SA there mentioned that while she couldn't promise it, it was very likely that i would see the car this year.

Now, I'm not holding my breath. But it does seem like the old pattern of building in the beginning of the quarter for us has now changed in favour of a more continuous model, which would provide access to more overall ship capacity.

Also being pissed off is bad for your health :)

Cheers !

I'm going to bring some positivity to the thread UK delivery estimates for M3 of all types are being pushed back. If they are having shipping issues due to ship availability for Europe it could mean that we get more M3 productions runs this quarter.
All that production has to go somewhere.

Hopefully there are enough ships to come to us.

Hi, I'm another long time lurker coming out of the shadows. I thought I'd better post something so that my first post isn't about the VIN that's hopefully in my near future.

Ordered LR AWD 19/3/2022 white/black, EDD 6-9 months, Canberra.

I need to get the car delivered by early January, otherwise my lease date will go past my employment contract end date. I'm still cautiously optimistic.

Accessories so far: spigen screen protector, stickers highlighting door open buttons, stickers warning against manual door override, hanging rubbish compartment for back seat.

Hey group,

First time posting here.
Ordered our M3 RWD 02/04/22
Ext white
Int white
Location Perth Sydney

With a EDT of 6-9months. Still waiting
Welcome to the madhouse! We're all hoping that RWD production gets some love from Tesla soon. Even though the record wait is currently from January, we're all hoping that much of the backlog would be cleared with only a few days of production, so hopefully you'll be in this next batch too.

M3 - RWD - White on Black - All std - OD 17/2/2022 - EDD Aug/Nov - No VIN Location: Brisbane